PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder character sheet problems

Roohlas
January 8th, 2012, 21:13
Hello i have a problem with Pathfinder sheet when i need to create a character from (Manage Characters), there is only the sheet from 3.5e and i can't choose between game system selection PFRPG and 3,5e like when i create a new campaign. Even when i activate PFRPG modules, the character sheet remains the same 3.5E.

Thank you

Lanthe Chroell
January 9th, 2012, 08:07
Hi, I'm not sure if I have the same problem, but it is related for sure.

I did everything instructed in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=105354&postcount=67

I get the books and source material and the option to select D20-> pathfinder 8.3 ruleset.

The problem mainly is that program cannot load skills, abilities, spells, inventory (pretty much anything that you need to make PF character) while creating new character.

The errors it complains are following (and sorry for the spamlike list):

Script Error: [string "scripts/charsheet_skilllistitem.lua"]:31: attempt to call field 'getSourceValue' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/charsheet_skilllist.lua"]:53: attempt to call field 'setSourceValue' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_skills:plannedskillpoints"]:1: attempt to index global 'NodeManager' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher
Network Notice: Local session started
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/charsheet_abilities.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/charsheet_weaponlist.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/template_textlistitemvalue.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/charsheet_inventorybonus.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/charsheet_inventorydice.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/template_textlistitemvalue.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/template_labelcycler.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/charsheet_inventorybonus.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/charsheet_inventorydice.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/charsheet_spellbonus.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/charsheet_spelldice.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/template_labelcycler.lua)
Script Error: [string "scripts/charsheet_skilllistitem.lua"]:31: attempt to call field 'getSourceValue' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/charsheet_skilllist.lua"]:53: attempt to call field 'setSourceValue' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_skills:plannedskillpoints"]:1: attempt to index global 'NodeManager' (a nil value)

madman
January 9th, 2012, 08:15
@Lanthe Chroell (member.php?u=21204)

That extension was mad for an older version of Fantasy Grounds 2. with the new 2.8 update it will not work correctly any more.

Thankfully FG 2 version 2.8 supports Pathfinder with it's 3.5 Ruleset and makes the extension obsolete.

It will port over most of your info you have entered into a campaign with the convert to 3.5E button in the load campaign screen.

Hope that helps

Chris(Madman)

Lanthe Chroell
January 9th, 2012, 08:24
Nice support on this forum. It's like 8 minutes in since my post and already someone answers. +Rep for that.

Yeah I noticed that the vanilla version without mods has Pathfinder rules, but is there any possibility to get working PF character sheet to ease the players (some of them are new and it would certainly ease thins up for them).

Trenloe
January 9th, 2012, 09:03
Yeah I noticed that the vanilla version without mods has Pathfinder rules, but is there any possibility to get working PF character sheet to ease the players (some of them are new and it would certainly ease thins up for them).
Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a way to get the Manage Characters functionality to use the Pathfinder settings for the character sheet.

What I'd recommend is to organise some time when the GM puts the server up - with all relevant library modules available and the players can connect and configure their characters, familiarise themselves with the interface etc.. Some GM's leave the server up for 2-3 days to allow players to do all they need. This will also allow the players to test out rolls and other such things that they can't do in manage characters.

I know it's not ideal having to connect to the server to make your first character. But, once you have played one session, manage characters in your campaign is read only, so you have to make all changes to your campaign character when connected to the GM's server anyway.

Lanthe Chroell
January 9th, 2012, 09:28
I think my server can host that with mumble and minecraft still running =)

I managed to add some skills on the regular sheet and so on to make it work on the system, but I have to help players holding their hands while doing the sheet.

Anyways I thank you very much for the answers. I bought the licenses few-four years back and the software has changed lot since then (to the better I see.) When I find out how it works and see how my schedules hold up with the game I hope to join the community as GM and player =)

Again thanks and I hope to get into playing with you in near future.

Roohlas
January 10th, 2012, 07:37
thank you, this button will be very helpful in the load screen!!

@Lanthe Chroell (member.php?u=21204)

That extension was mad for an older version of Fantasy Grounds 2. with the new 2.8 update it will not work correctly any more.

Thankfully FG 2 version 2.8 supports Pathfinder with it's 3.5 Ruleset and makes the extension obsolete.

It will port over most of your info you have entered into a campaign with the convert to 3.5E button in the load campaign screen.

Hope that helps

Chris(Madman)

Roohlas
January 10th, 2012, 07:44
i use the manage characters on my notebook to play with friends out of fantasy grounds, i use it to keep my characters sheets safe in there, hehehe.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a way to get the Manage Characters functionality to use the Pathfinder settings for the character sheet.

What I'd recommend is to organise some time when the GM puts the server up - with all relevant library modules available and the players can connect and configure their characters, familiarise themselves with the interface etc.. Some GM's leave the server up for 2-3 days to allow players to do all they need. This will also allow the players to test out rolls and other such things that they can't do in manage characters.

I know it's not ideal having to connect to the server to make your first character. But, once you have played one session, manage characters in your campaign is read only, so you have to make all changes to your campaign character when connected to the GM's server anyway.