PDA

View Full Version : Basic Roleplaying Rome

RosenMcStern
January 8th, 2012, 16:27
I will run a short playtest of our upcoming supplement "Veni, Vidi, Vici" on Friday or Saturday nights (on both if there are many players). Start date Friday 13th or Saturday 14th of January. It is a 4-episode story arc where the characters play the retainers of Julius Caesar, helping him survive pirates, political intrigues and armed barbarians.

I have Ultimate, so everyone can join.

Baron
January 9th, 2012, 17:55
I would love to give it a try, thanks! Subscribed to this thread and will watch for details.

wbcreighton
January 9th, 2012, 18:35
That sounds like fun. Unfortunately given your location (europe I assume) the timing on Friday wouldn't work, but Saturday night for you would make it a late morning/early afternoon for me. I might be able to pull that off. Staying tuned.

RosenMcStern
January 10th, 2012, 17:50
Looks like it will be Saturday, then, given the high rate of American/Canadian players.

cogdog
January 12th, 2012, 17:49
Any idea on a time? Not sure if I could be available for this (time-wise), but I would love to give it a try. (I could only do Saturday.)

RosenMcStern
January 12th, 2012, 23:00
Saturday 20:00 GMT. I can shift the game 1 hour or 2 in either direction if any of the interested parties has particular needs.

The server will be open on Sat at 19:30 GMT for early connection and ruleset download. Address to be disclosed later. Please be prepared to play on Hamachi, my connection is tricky at some times.

Use the alephtar games web page to contact me via regular mail.

Baron
January 13th, 2012, 01:03
Oh well, looks like that's the middle of the day for me. I'll be out and about with my daughter. Have fun!

cogdog
January 13th, 2012, 06:46
Yeah, a little bit too late for me too. I work nights so Saturday is my running around and doing errands day. I will be out and about by then. Maybe next time.

RosenMcStern
January 13th, 2012, 16:58
I can shift the times if there are at least three players who can agree on a precise time they are available at.

cogdog
January 13th, 2012, 18:06
Unfortunately, my window of availability is very small (due to working nights and saturday being my only day to get errands and stuff done). So, what would be ideal for me would be GMT 1600 start time. That would be 9AM for me and probably Baron as well (although it might be 8AM - I am in Arizona, which doesnt do Daylight Savings for some reason, so I never know what time it is elsewhere).

Baron
January 13th, 2012, 20:17
Thank you for being so willing to look for a compromise!

Of those two days, I could play on Friday night after 8pm my time, and play for maybe four hours. California is -8 GMT, Pacific Time.

Or I could play on Saturday afternoon, from about 3:30pm until whenever...

But I am happy to bow out in deference to everyone else's needs.

FYI, I've got experience with BRP, but none with FG or with Hamachi. I google-fu'd Hamachi, looks like a vpn thing I'd have to download. Willing to do so, but I hope you'll all be patient with me on that one.

RosenMcStern
January 13th, 2012, 22:06
Please use only GMT as time reference, or things might get confusing. Now I have one person who can play at 16:00 GMT, and another who can play at 15:30, but which 15:30? GMT or California?

I need another player to start the game. Plus everyone should pre-generate a character, which we will fine tune once play starts: you are the faithful clients of one young, ambitious Roman noble called Caius Julius Caesar.

Baron
January 13th, 2012, 22:19
Sorry, I am definitely not used to converting to any time zone, or converting to GMT time. Blame parochialism if you like, but since I'm not confident in the conversion I used the terms I'm familiar with.

If I've used an online converter correctly, from a base of January 14th at 3:30PM California/Pacific time, then I believe the GMT time I would be available on Saturday the 14th would be 23:30.

Is that correct? If so, how does that fit in with your plans?

Thank you.

RosenMcStern
January 13th, 2012, 23:28
Well, a good try. That would actually be SUNDAY 00:30 for me, and outside the window of availability for cogdog.

Maybe next week.

If anyone is interested, in any case I will play AEGIS (unreleased ruleset) on Sunday, 20:00 GMT.

cogdog
January 14th, 2012, 06:35
No problem here. Maybe we can get this going in the future as I would love to try out a Roman setting.

kairos
January 15th, 2012, 13:43
So...how did it go? :) Sad to have missed out. Parenthood.

cogdog
January 17th, 2012, 06:34
We couldnt come up with a time that fit everyone's schedule so we were not able to play.

Maybe in the future?

RosenMcStern
January 18th, 2012, 14:20
Can we arrange one time that is convenient for everyone between Friday evening GMT and Sunday evening GMT? I have already played with groups scattered across the Atlantic, so I know it is possible.

cogdog
January 18th, 2012, 15:57
I think the major problem is with me. My window of availability is ridiculously small (because of my work schedule). I think my time would match up with yours pretty well,Rosen, but would not work for most other players, but I am definitely up for trying again.