PDA

View Full Version : Tor's Maps

Torgaard
January 6th, 2012, 07:07
Just kinda wanted to give back to the community with whatever I could, so here's a few of the maps I've made since me and the group I'm DM'ing returned to D&D a few months back (thanks to discovering Fantasy Grounds). They're built for using a 50x50 grid on the table.

First and foremost, most of the "objects" in these maps were done by various people out there on the web that do these kinds of things. You guys rock, please jump on in here and point out anything you see that's yours in these maps.

First off, since it had been more than 15 years since last me and my group played D&D we thought we'd better ease back into it with a module. I chose Keep on the Shadowfell (loved everything building up to the keep and the dungeon, ended up hating the dungeon itself). Anyway, I did find a great map of Level 1 of the dungeon but strangely enough I never found a decent Level 2. So, I made one. HERE (https://www.gritzilla.com/DnD/maps/level22.jpg) it is.

Here's my version of Valthrun's Tower in the village of Winterhaven, which isn't exactly part of the module, but I plan on handing it off to the party:

GunnarGreybeard
January 6th, 2012, 07:13
Those are nice. I actually have a need for a small tower like this in a new campaign I am working on so you posted them at a good time. ;)

Torgaard
January 6th, 2012, 07:31
Kind of a work in progress, but one possible hook the party might take after returning to Winterfell is my (heavily) modified version of Thunderspire Labyrinth.

The big sprawling dungeon in the original just seemed sorta goofy to me, I dunno. I decided to go with the premise that a group of human bandits are working in conjunction with a tribe of goblins (hobgoblins leadership, bugbear muscle, and goblin infantry). The humans are putting up a "front" of a mining operation to help cover up what's going on. Helps explain all the wagons coming and going (which would otherwise be easily tracked), etc. But if anyone managed to get past the guard posts (the two cabins) and the tall palisade guarding the "mine" entrance, they discover several small camps of goblinoid and worse races, either there to buy slaves or trade with the Underdark via this new and lucrative trade route to the surface. There's slave pens, a slave pit, some stables, and some semi-distinct sets of tents and whatnot that I'll plug several different races into.

Here's the initial area inside the "mine". It's meant to be a mix of natural and carved passages. Storerooms, barracks, etc have been cut out from the main natural cavern deeper within. There's also a little 3d thing goin on there, where another natural passage leads to where they get their water.

This is where the natural tunnel from the map above leads to. I'm thinking like a small group of lizardfolk have a shakey alliance with the goblin slavers as well, and guard the underground river (which will eventually get bigger via another map). I was toying with the idea that the only meaningful reason the lizardfolk stay there is that they're lead by a mad shaman who has them worshipping some bizarre idol in the small cave you can only reach by diving into the water and swimming under and up into. This map's not exactly done. I mean to put several "Difficult Terrain" markers in the more obvious spots that I've put down rubble and rocks, etc.

Torgaard
January 6th, 2012, 07:36
Some houses. The first three were modified from an empty version I found on the web somewhere (RPGmapShare I think). If you were the person that made the originals, you are awesome and are hereby accredited. I made the last one, with the exception of the objects within it of course:

Edit: By the way, those houses aren't exactly meant to be stand-alone maps. I plop them down in bigger outdoor or street maps. Eventually, I hope to make many more sizes and shapes, etc.

Torgaard
January 6th, 2012, 07:38
Oh ya, and I really hated Level 3 of Shadowfell Keep. Made no sense to me how that big arsed room/temple and all its little anterooms would be in there, so I trimmed it down:

Torgaard
January 6th, 2012, 07:40
Those are nice. I actually have a need for a small tower like this in a new campaign I am working on so you posted them at a good time. ;)

Dude, that's awesome! Enjoy! :)

devinnight
January 6th, 2012, 13:32
nice looking maps.

kalmarjan
January 6th, 2012, 13:53
Very nice looking maps!

gmkieran
January 6th, 2012, 20:14
Very cool! I appreciate a lot of the trimming. My group (of which Devinnight is a member) is running through the Vale modules atm along with some home-brew bridges between Keep and Thunderspire and then Thunderspire and whatever H3 is. I had fun doing the maps for the home-brew bits, but I had a lot of help from folks who've done updates of the Vale maps and put them out for free use. Found a great 3D one of Fallcrest someone had done in Sketchup.

Herodian
January 7th, 2012, 23:00
These look great! Thanks for sharing them, Torgaard.

adminwheel3
January 16th, 2012, 02:42
Very good maps sir - I'll be pilfering them to add to my arsenal!

Trenloe
January 19th, 2012, 04:50
Some houses. The first three were modified from an empty version I found on the web somewhere (RPGmapShare I think). If you were the person that made the originals, you are awesome and are hereby accredited. I made the last one, with the exception of the objects within it of course:

Edit: By the way, those houses aren't exactly meant to be stand-alone maps. I plop them down in bigger outdoor or street maps. Eventually, I hope to make many more sizes and shapes, etc.
These will be very cool to use on the encounter backgrounds available in this other thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15901). Great work! :)

Use them with the 4E or 3.5E enhanced images extensions (layers functionality among other things - developed by DrZeuss) you can easily create nice looking maps on the fly for the players.

Torgaard
January 30th, 2012, 03:05
Here's another map for an encounter in my campaign. It's supposed to be a campsite for a couple Ogres, with a trail or two leading through it:

lachancery
January 30th, 2012, 03:55
Here's another map for an encounter in my campaign. It's supposed to be a campsite for a couple Ogres, with a trail or two leading through it:

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. I have a similar situation coming up in my game - perhaps I'll make good use of your map! :D

demonsbane
January 30th, 2012, 06:02
Here's another map for an encounter in my campaign. (. . .)

Great maps!

And it's nice to see that they don't have square grids.

madman
January 30th, 2012, 06:19
Snag, Thanks for the new map. More More More

Chris

Trenloe
January 30th, 2012, 07:26
Here's a very simple marsh map I threw together in Campaign Cartographer. I've put a 50 pixel square in the top right to make adding an FG grid to scale easier.

DwarfLord
January 30th, 2012, 21:13
What folder do i pl;ace all these lovely maps in?

DwarfLord
January 30th, 2012, 21:14
And me want MORE . I am new to FG 2 and am trying to build my DM arsenel..any hand outs would be appreciated.

Doswelk
January 30th, 2012, 21:29

<FG II application folder>\campaigns\<campaign name>\images\

Trenloe
January 30th, 2012, 21:33
See the GM Guide - Gameplay : Images entries in the user guide in the Library (link at the top of this page) for more information on using images.

You could put them in the images directory of the specific campaign you are running, but you would have to do this for each campaign and you would soon end up with a big long list of images which might get hard to manage.

The images list in the FG campaign does get refreshed when you open the images list window. So, for images like these above (encounter images that could be used for random encounters) it is a good idea to store them in a seperate folder somewhere and then just copy the required image into the \images folder of the campaign you are running and then close/open the images list window and your image will be there ready to use - this can be done while running a game.

However, if you are using an image for a planned encounter, it is good to put it in the campaign \images folder beforehand and setup your encounter (grid, NPC placement, etc.).

DwarfLord
January 30th, 2012, 22:10
I placed the images ther ebut they show up very distorted and small, how do i fix that ?

Trenloe
January 30th, 2012, 22:30
I placed the images ther ebut they show up very distorted and small, how do i fix that ?
Manually resize them by CTRL:Left-click and drag on the image.
Mouse-scroll-wheel to zoom in and zoom out.

What ruleset are you using?

These images shouldn't appear small. Did you save the big images or just the small thumbnails?

DwarfLord
January 30th, 2012, 22:38
I saved the thumbnails ill save again as large images

DwarfLord
January 30th, 2012, 22:39
Is there a way to scale down the size of monster tokens as well?

Any hand outs would be welcome I love being a DM and im trying to build up my library of goodies

Trenloe
January 31st, 2012, 03:33
Is there a way to scale down the size of monster tokens as well?
Check out the entries for "Locking token scale" and "Scaling individual tokens" in the Images section of the User Guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/gm_images.xcp) (links on the left hand side).

Torgaard
January 31st, 2012, 15:09
Also, the Video Tutorials in the Downloads (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads) section were super helpful (for me, anyway). I watched every one of 'em once, then turned around and watched a couple of 'em several times over (pausing and rewinding frequently). :p

Torgaard
February 25th, 2012, 06:29
Little map I did of a small cave for an upcoming encounter with an owlbear. Owlbear's make nests, right?

madman
February 25th, 2012, 15:19
Yes they do!. Nice Map, Snag.

Chris

Torgaard
February 29th, 2012, 02:00
Here's a modified version of one of madman's (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15901) awesome grassland maps for the entrance to the owlbear cave (above). Thanks for lettin' me post this one, dude!

Torgaard
March 4th, 2012, 19:34
Another outdoor encounter map.

madman
March 4th, 2012, 21:25
Nice map! love this one.
Snag-----Thanks

Chris

Torgaard
March 6th, 2012, 02:17
Something I've been working on. Not finished yet, but I gotta work on some other stuff so I may not get back to it. Figured I'd post it anyway, just in case somebody can use it. Modified that temple ruins object that was posted somewhere out there on the web for public consumption. Put a big scary well/hole/pit leading to who-knows-what in the middle of it. Also laid a ruined statue on it's side next to it, and what looked like a cover for the hole nearby. Hopefully it looks like somebody knocked over the statue, and moved (and broke) the lid, exposing the well beneath.

I kinda like this one, as I realized while I was makin' it that in all my years DM'ing, I've never had an entrance to a dungeon that you had to rope down into.

Torgaard
March 7th, 2012, 05:34
Gonna try a series of maps for encounters in an ancient dead city.

Torgaard
March 9th, 2012, 04:27
Kinda tryin' to find my style with these ruins. Decided I'd paint my own shadows this time. Building on the left was my first try, one on the right was the second go 'round. Definitely need to work on the walls.

GunnarGreybeard
March 9th, 2012, 07:57
Nice maps. ;)

wbcreighton
March 9th, 2012, 23:22
Kinda tryin' to find my style with these ruins. Decided I'd paint my own shadows this time. Building on the left was my first try, one on the right was the second go 'round. Definitely need to work on the walls.

I really like this one. :)

lachancery
March 10th, 2012, 13:22
Originally Posted by Torgaard

Attachment 2408

I really like this one. :)
Yes, same. I like the texture inside the building with the fossils. As you point out, the one improvement would be on giving "more body" to the walls.

Torgaard
June 4th, 2012, 01:18
The campaign I'm DM'ing has been in a mostly character building, pretty much zero combat phase for awhile now (which is why the battlemaps dried up), but it looks like they're all rested and recovered and ready for some more action (they're finally gonna bite on one of my plot/quest lines). So, here's the stretch of road where an old enemy is going to ambush them to welcome them back to the action.

lachancery
June 4th, 2012, 15:50
So, here's the stretch of road where an old enemy is going to ambush them to welcome them back to the action.
Nice battlemap for a wood trail encounter. Thanks for sharing!

Torgaard
June 6th, 2012, 02:59
Hrm, that last one just wasn't quite doin' it for me. I'm trying to design maps where, whenever possible (and reasonable), terrain is as much a part of the encounter as the enemies the party is fighting.

That in mind, I kinda cut some paths through the bushes on the right, and also removed some on the bushes on the hill to the left, so that ranged attackers have clear LoS down to the road. The idea is that (a) I might lure a party member or two into the bushes to the right, where they might be surprised to find a 4-5 foes waiting for them, and (b) force ranged controllers to either blast the archers off the hill to the left, or have strikers run all the way to the north end of the hill to reach them.

ttuckel
June 9th, 2012, 21:56
Your maps are absolutely beautyfull !
I have a request for you !
Have you an old cemetery in stock, something with mossy graves and vaults ?

Thank you in advance !

Torgaard
June 21st, 2012, 22:22
Your maps are absolutely beautyfull !
I have a request for you !
Have you an old cemetery in stock, something with mossy graves and vaults ?

Thank you in advance !

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't have a cemetery map yet; but that might be a good thing to have. I'll put it on the list.

Torgaard
June 29th, 2012, 01:41
Had found the template for these castle ruins out there on the web somewheres, and always meant to see what I could come up with as far as background. Here's my first attempt. I only put a couple hours into this one, so I might have to come back and touch it up a little more, I dunno. Doesn't feel like it's done yet.

demonsbane
June 29th, 2012, 01:55
It looks very good.

Griogre
June 29th, 2012, 02:36
I like it. The only thing that seemed a bit out of place was how intact the arch on the ground on the east side is. It just seems like if that wall was either smashed or fell, the arch should be broken like the interior broken arch. I do really like the mostly hidden foundation walls.

Blue Haven
June 29th, 2012, 13:27
It looks awesome!! the template its from Dunjinni forums :) i have it too eh eh
Very nice friend :)

Torgaard
June 29th, 2012, 20:57
I like it. The only thing that seemed a bit out of place was how intact the arch on the ground on the east side is. It just seems like if that wall was either smashed or fell, the arch should be broken like the interior broken arch. I do really like the mostly hidden foundation walls.

Thanks guys!

And yunno what, I think Griogre's right about that arch. I'm gonna kinda break it into pieces and maybe get some more undergrowth growing around it.

khersheyjr
July 6th, 2012, 06:54
good job on the maps.

Torgaard
July 17th, 2012, 05:25
I'm seeing a trip to the Underdark in my other party's future. Considering the endless miles of passages, I'm working on some tunnel maps for random encounters or whatever might come along.

Dakadin
July 17th, 2012, 06:24
As always, those are some great looking maps, Torgaard! Thanks for sharing them with the community. I've used some of your other maps in the past and they definitely save me time preparing for my games. :D

Blackdove
August 8th, 2012, 21:28
Well done maps. They have been a pleasure to look at and I hope to use them in my campaigns. I will be watching for your work!

Halatir
September 8th, 2012, 22:59
Excellent stuff! Very useful and inspiring! KEEP IT UP!!

Torgaard
January 16th, 2013, 04:30
Been awhile. Need to upload some more maps.

This set is gonna be for an encounter with some trolls. I doubt 4E trolls would have enough self control to actually keep themselves from eating prisoners (and throwing them in the pit on the 2nd map), but meh. Maybe there's a smarter, weight conscious troll with a little self control, I dunno. Anyway, the little tunnels in the main cave are supposed to go UP. The top little cave is gonna have a few Stirge Swarms in it I'm thinkin'. That upper room also has a couple cave mouths that would exit the cliff face above the main ground level cave entrance, though distance/perspective is a little off. :p

Torgaard
January 16th, 2013, 04:36
This one's supposed to be a side entrance to my little slaver camp (that's also a surface trading post to the Underdark) that's on the first page of this thread. Needed to come up with a couple ways the party could get into the place that wasn't ye olde brute force method, not that they'll try anything else. :p

Acroyear
January 16th, 2013, 07:48
great maps!!

Blackdove
January 16th, 2013, 16:59
I second that!

gmkieran
January 16th, 2013, 19:13
Um...wow! I thought the 1st and 4th were 'shopped photos 'til I looked closer. VERY nice!

Torgaard
January 17th, 2013, 05:12
One more!

Needed a third (or fourth if they're creative I guess) way for the party to avoid the brute force method of just fighting their way through the front gate of my slaver camp. Off the west of the camp a bit, we have a pond or spring or whatever the feeds from inside the mountain. The little weird bit of water on the north end of the map is meant to represent the fully submerged tunnel that only gets unmasked AFTER someone swims into it. I think I might do one more map of underwater tunnels. One will lead into the underwater spring the slavers use, the other to some nasty water dwelling cave critter.

Kinda fun makin' these. I learn a little bit more with every one.

damned
January 17th, 2013, 05:56
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3634&d=1358310224

Wouldnt catch me on that "bridge"... :)

Trenloe
January 17th, 2013, 19:55
Wouldnt catch me on that "bridge"... :)
Looks safe to me - what could possibly happen? ;)

Willot
January 18th, 2013, 05:50
Looks safe to me - what could possibly happen? ;)

Depends on your acrobatics roll

3nvy
January 28th, 2013, 05:07
amazing maps my friend huge fan

Torgaard
March 24th, 2013, 03:53
Ok, redid my slaver/trader "mine" from the first page. In the campaign, it'll be some nasty nefarious merchant company (Iron Throne mebbe?) putting up a front as a mining concern, but in reality they're trading slaves, goods, what-have-you with several less than savory groups in the Underdark.

Also created a few inter-linking tunnels for the passage that leads to the east. It's going to lead to the back door entrance.

Blackdove
March 25th, 2013, 03:50
Very nice!

Torgaard
March 29th, 2013, 05:09
One more.

Herodian
March 29th, 2013, 11:21
Nice one! I love the subtlety of the underwater tunnel.

Laconiclament
April 4th, 2013, 05:51
These are great, thank you for sharing them!!

Torgaard
June 18th, 2013, 04:15
Moar

Rickerdoo
June 18th, 2013, 22:59
Thank for sharing your AWESOME maps!!!! New user and glad to have the extra resources on hand.

Davidj8886
June 19th, 2013, 22:43
I just want to say as an aspiring GM, I feel as if finding this thread was like winning the jackpot!

Thanks!

P.S. What program are you using to create these?

Torgaard
June 19th, 2013, 23:00
Thanks!

I use Photoshop CS6.

Wyrmblight
June 30th, 2013, 20:43
Tor these maps are all amazing. I snagged a few (many) of them, they just inspire many different encounters!

Very well done.

sakmerlin37
July 1st, 2013, 20:01
Thank you for sharing! I feel more than a little like a leach just snagging these... hopefully, as I learn all these new programs, I can pass it a along (so to speak).

Torgaard
July 15th, 2013, 03:01
Couple more:

Acroyear
July 15th, 2013, 06:26
Tor these maps are all amazing. I snagged a few (many) of them, they just inspire many different encounters!

Very well done.

We should have a Tor Map Encounter Thread with map/encounter combinations?

Torgaard
August 10th, 2013, 17:34
One more:

Nickademus
August 10th, 2013, 17:41
Very nice. Do you do commissions?

Torgaard
August 13th, 2013, 16:00
Very nice. Do you do commissions?

Nobody's ever asked. But I guess I could.

jperry13
September 2nd, 2013, 00:35
I am very new to FG2 and even though I have been playing around with CC3 a lot, these creations I have seen on these threads have been great. As I get my feet underneath me with regard to putting maps together I will hang some stuff up as well.
Thanks and well done!

Cheers,
jp

jperry13
September 2nd, 2013, 07:00
Tor,
These are awesome! I know that you did them last year, but I just grabbed them for my first home made home brewed FG2 module and they worked great. Well done.

Cheers,
jp

Dewguru
November 2nd, 2013, 05:06
New owner of FG2 and I'd like to say thank you for sharing your work as it will really help me get up and running.

Torgaard
June 21st, 2014, 18:11
After a (too) long hiatus away from the game, awhile back we got the band back together and picked up on the campaign where we'd left off. Alot of dungeon crawling. Can't have enough dungeon maps, right? Well, here's some more. Enjoy!

My first attempt at some bioluminescent fungi. Kinda like how it turned out:

Torgaard
June 21st, 2014, 18:15
Little subterranean river with a bridge. In our campaign it was guarded by a bunch of duergar, so the hitchin' post on the other side was there to tie off a couple spider ("Steeder") mounts. :p

Torgaard
June 21st, 2014, 18:20
Just a generic underground map area with what's supposed to be a bunch of stalagmites (or is it stalagtites? I forget). I made it just in case of a random encounter or if a battle in another map spilled off the edge and required a little more space:

Edit: whoops, forgot I'd made another version of that one with a few mushrooms crowded around the base of the stalag-whatevers:

Eventually you come to the front gate of the duergar fortress:

Oh, and here's a big old map of the entire (gigantic) cavern in which most of these maps were taking place. For example, that first bioluminescent mushroom map is on the far left in the map below, the duergar fortress is on the far right center, etc:

Edit: dangit, forgot this one too. It's a garbage dump type of room. Had a bunch of Carrion Crawlers and an Otyugh or two in there doing waste management. The duergar slaves dreaded being put on garbage duty... Anyway, it fits in the lower right-hand corner of the overview map:

Torgaard
June 21st, 2014, 18:25
Here's a little back door entrance to the duergar fortress. It's supposed to be tucked up in the northeastern corner of the big map (south side of the chasm). Kinda meant for it to look like you had to jump down into this ditchlike split, all rocky, etc and make your way east into the tunnel, and then climb up into another cave filled with phosphorescent mushrooms (ok, I was having too much fun making glowing fungi):

The tunnel further in :

Herodian
June 21st, 2014, 18:27
These look amazing. Great work as always, and thank you for sharing!

Torgaard
June 21st, 2014, 18:37
Eventually the tunnels twist and turn into this mess. I didn't get around to finishing everything, and I'm not even sure I know how the hell they're all supposed to fit together:

Torgaard
June 21st, 2014, 18:38
Temple of Asmodeus:

Little hidden treasure room under the devil statue (map above):

Torgaard
June 21st, 2014, 18:40
Need to finish this one someday:

Torgaard
June 21st, 2014, 18:41
Don't think I've posted this one:

Torgaard
July 23rd, 2014, 03:56
Cragmaw Cavern for the Lost Mine of Phandelver:

Torgaard
July 25th, 2014, 05:17
Map of Redbrand Hideout for the Lost Mine of Phandelver:

Tolkenda
September 7th, 2014, 01:32
Mate, despite two decades out of the game, it's going to look like I spent those years in a secret mountain DM ninja training fortress when I load these up. Thanks!

El Condoro
September 14th, 2014, 05:19
+1 on the tower. Beautiful. I appreciate the out-of-focus exterior as each level gets higher - nice touch. Cheers

cyderak
September 17th, 2014, 01:59
Hey Tor,

Do you have any "Grid" versions of your maps?

Torgaard
September 17th, 2014, 14:43
There will be a square (usually white) that I've drawn on the map somewhere. Usually in a corner. That square is exactly 50 pixels on a side. Just draw a grid square around that one in Fantasy Grounds, and that should give you your perfectly measured grid for the whole map.

Medriza
November 1st, 2014, 21:23
Just dropping in to say WOW! regarding all your maps. But those Phandelver maps, those are a serious upgrade! You really classed up that adventure.

And regarding your others, I love the generic nature of them. I just yoinked all of them for some future, unknown use.

Thanks! Truly appreciate all of these.

Quorlox
January 25th, 2015, 21:31
As somebody new to FG, I want to say thanks! It'll make it a lot easier to enjoy the game with such stellar maps.

jokomotion
January 26th, 2015, 10:27
Amazing maps, I use them every time! Thanks

M_A_G_O
January 31st, 2015, 12:35
Wich program are you using for mapping these?

Torgaard
January 31st, 2015, 19:56
Photoshop CS6 for most of them. I'm currently using Photoshop CC (Creative Cloud).

Torgaard
April 4th, 2015, 02:00
Whipped this up for the "Stragglers" encounter in Episode 2:

This one is supposed to be for the "Rearguard" encounter, but I never really finished it:

Torgaard
April 4th, 2015, 02:01
This is my version of the Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Dragon Hatchery:

Halatir
April 13th, 2015, 10:47
This stuff is really good. How long does it take you to create those maps?

Torgaard
April 13th, 2015, 22:17
Thanks!

I usually don't get the kind of time I'd like to work on them. I kinda chip away them here and there during the week, while I'm prepping for my Saturday campaign I run. Some take longer than others. That last Dragon Hatchery map I worked on over the course of a week or so, an hour here, couple hours there. I think the Dragon Hatchery maybe took me 10 hours all together. But the two before it (the "Rearguard" and the "Stragglers") were maybe 3-4 hours a piece.

JohnD
April 13th, 2015, 22:45
Thanks for sharing your work.

Halatir
April 14th, 2015, 08:00
Since I also use CC I expected it to be quite some work... Anyway very impressive!

DarkRook
April 23rd, 2015, 04:13
Sorry but i totally had to steal your dragon hatchery map........i have a thing for dragons and i have killed a friend or two because of it.

Torgaard
April 23rd, 2015, 14:18
Sorry but i totally had to steal your dragon hatchery map........i have a thing for dragons and i have killed a friend or two because of it.

Excellent! :rv:

Redemption77
August 11th, 2015, 20:31
These maps were all simply amazing. If only I was artist enough to use Photoshop like that and make amazing maps. You have more coming or are you mapped out for now?

Torgaard
August 11th, 2015, 20:43
Thanks! :o

Regrettably, we (my regular group) are down for campaign maintenance for a bit. Been down for a couple months. Might be a couple more. The DM (me) is in battery-recharge-mode. But the itch that only D&D can scratch is definitely starting to come back. Or it could just be a rash. :p

Redemption77
August 11th, 2015, 21:39
Its a virus, its neither rash nor itch. Those are but symptoms of the virus which is D&D. Honestly I was so over D&D after AD&D. 3 and 3.5, pathfinder and 4th really had me turned off. 5th edition has me back though and running D&D again often and your maps have been a help for my FG game for sure!

Monkeywithtacos
October 3rd, 2015, 14:23
Awesome work Tor! Thank you for sharing them with us all! Look forward to seeing what else you come up with....

In fact, I'll plant a seed of an idea for ya ;) ...... Western stuff for Deadlands perhaps..... Desert plateaus...... watering holes.... Cavalry forts..... saloons and small town streets.....perhaps....

By the by as a huge underdark fan those luminescent mushroom maps are epic!

Thanks again!

~MwT

donpaulo
November 22nd, 2015, 11:53
This entire collection is spellbinding and I failed my saving throw

dmkevin
January 17th, 2016, 19:33
You have done such a great job on these maps!!!

M836139
February 24th, 2017, 00:49
Incredible work! :)

sukEEt
February 24th, 2017, 22:03
Do you draw the individual items or do you populate pre-made items that you have already Drawn when it comes to filling you maps?

HavocSmurf
February 25th, 2017, 00:23
This is beautiful work. You get a double high five from this DM! Thank you for sharing your hard work.

ariakas
February 27th, 2017, 18:49
Wonderful job, thank you

LordEntrails
February 27th, 2017, 19:48
Wonderful job, thank you
Welcome to the Community!

ariakas
February 28th, 2017, 14:38
thanks

Torgaard
February 28th, 2017, 17:00
Do you draw the individual items or do you populate pre-made items that you have already Drawn when it comes to filling you maps?

Pre-made items. Though I modify just about every one of them (adjust color, hue/saturation, outer glow of mostly opaque black on some things, etc). Naturally, most of them get resized, rotated, and a drop shadow added from the most likely light-source in the room, stuff like that - though I cringe a little at just using a drop shadow. At the very least I'll sometimes separate the drop shadow from the object and deform it or stretch it out to get it closer to what's more realistic, but I have to pull myself back on getting too fussy with stuff like that. Sometimes I make my own shadows, if I can't find exactly what I want. Sorry - rambling.

Most of the time on these things is spent on the terrain, the walls, and the little touches. When I go deep on a map, and spend alotta time on it, I'll add lots of little shadow accents on the edges of objects and rooms, or add my closest approximation to dirt on the floors, rubble, gradient layers for light sources, stuff like that.

I've got a two floor mansion (that took me forever, due to all the walls and stuff) that I'll try to upload in the next day or two.

Varsuuk
March 1st, 2017, 06:19
Pre-made items. Though I modify just about every one of them (adjust color, hue/saturation, outer glow of mostly opaque black on some things, etc). Naturally, most of them get resized, rotated, and a drop shadow added from the most likely light-source in the room, stuff like that - though I cringe a little at just using a drop shadow. At the very least I'll sometimes separate the drop shadow from the object and deform it or stretch it out to get it closer to what's more realistic, but I have to pull myself back on getting too fussy with stuff like that. Sometimes I make my own shadows, if I can't find exactly what I want. Sorry - rambling.

Most of the time on these things is spent on the terrain, the walls, and the little touches. When I go deep on a map, and spend alotta time on it, I'll add lots of little shadow accents on the edges of objects and rooms, or add my closest approximation to dirt on the floors, rubble, gradient layers for light sources, stuff like that.

I've got a two floor mansion (that took me forever, due to all the walls and stuff) that I'll try to upload in the next day or two.

Dude...
Dude...

https://media.tenor.co/images/6a207337ff44e92f8dd167f2d99bca6b/raw

ceraphim
March 7th, 2017, 13:31
Just like everyone else, I wanna give a big thank you! These maps are great! I know you are taking a break, but if you get in the mood the Lost Mine of Phandelver is really good. I would love to see more! Thanks again. Terrific stuff!

Wookiee420
April 27th, 2017, 23:53
These maps are amazing!!!!!! Only thing i wish is there was one easy file that i could download, i sometimes get bored of clicking and saving :p

AkiBishop
May 18th, 2017, 22:38
These are awesome. Thank you for using realistic deep colors. Some of the other ones I've seen are nice, but a little cartoon like.

AncientArchaic
July 11th, 2017, 10:24
Gotta say wow, these maps are really quite good Tor, lovely bit of work. I'll keep following.

Dipset
August 7th, 2017, 03:32
amazing maps!!!

D34thbr1ng3r
August 11th, 2017, 13:36
so much thx for these maps!

Waldbaer
September 30th, 2017, 20:02
I just downloaded them all and I really love your work. Great awesome ideas and paints. Wonderful.

Gruber
November 4th, 2017, 14:15
Wonderful job!

Mithalwulf
January 23rd, 2019, 17:23
Thank you for these. I know many people have already said it, but these are great!

Johnny Opie
January 28th, 2019, 14:29
Thanks Tor for sharing such great maps. It is great to see your work still getting appreciated.

YamaShintaku
February 19th, 2019, 18:53
Amazing work, Tor. Thank you so much for sharing these. Keep on keeping on!

VolcanicImp
June 7th, 2020, 20:07
Thank you for the maps @Torgaard these will be played

MatrixDreamer
June 16th, 2020, 15:40
Fantastic work!
I went on and looked at your other posts, all quality stuff!
Love this tower in particular.
Will make good use of it, thanks!

Urist_McHammeraxe
December 30th, 2020, 19:56
Long bump, but these are still some of the best battlemaps out there.