PDA

View Full Version : Module Issues

demo100
January 1st, 2012, 23:20
I created my own module which works fine when I try on my own computer. But when people connect to my game they are unable to use the module. They see it in the module tab, but it has a web on it and they cannot open it. I have also tried to have them download the module and manually place in the module folder and still it does not work.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, any help would be great :)

Thanks

Trenloe
January 1st, 2012, 23:34
It is more than likely that the module was exported as host data (the "H" selected during exporting) - this is the default setting. You can either re-export as common shared data "S" or manually modify the module file you already have - open the .mod file (it is in zip format), rename db.xml to common.xml, re-zip your mod file. Do a search of the forum for full details on how to do this.

If creating a common (shared) module doesn't work, please reply with a few pieces of info:

what ruleset are you using?
What items are you trying to share to your players in a module? Story, images, etc...
What did you export your module items as: Host, Shared or client data (in the .mod file the files are: db.xml, common.xml and client.xml respectively)

Zeus
January 1st, 2012, 23:41
Make sure you have given permission for clients to activate the module by dragging a green tick icon to the module access field in the module activation window.

See Module Permissions in the following library link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/gm_library.xcp)

Also make sure the module type is Client and ensure each player has a copy of the module installed to their modules folder. If the module you have created is Common, the module will be transferred *in game* and may take some time before it is available to clients. If the module is Host, only the DM can access the module.

demo100
January 2nd, 2012, 01:58
Thanks that information allowed me to fix the issue.

It was I had to change the name of my client.xml --> common.xml

To be honest if it wasnt for the link dont think I would still have hair from trying to figure it out...lol