PDA

View Full Version : Wanted:Pro GM Run a new campaign for pay

mechavoc
December 30th, 2011, 17:51
I am looking to get back into playing D&D.

10-15 years ago I was a pretty avid player and would love to get back into playing. I did some research and found a local bookstore that had D&D nights that played the 4’th edition premade adventures but it was hard to really enjoy playing with the disjointed nature of the one off games. Also the DMs were a bit lacking unfortunately.

So what I am looking for is a GREAT GM to create an epic campaign, a pro GM if you will. I think all professionals should be rewarded for their work so I would be happy to pay for these GM services time and creativity. (We can work out the details but I am envisioning some $$ for the upfront world creation efforts and $$ for each time we play).

To open this up to potential all-star GMs all over I would like to play online, and in my research I found this site which looks like a great toolset.

The Ideal GM would have several years of DM experience, would run a rich story-driven role-playing world, someone proficient in the rules of the game (we are open to 3.5 or 4e) but not a rules lawyers. Looking for some fun open sandbox RP, problem solving, play elements as well. Experience running online games and using these great online tools is a plus.

As far as the world something fantasy based but I’m open as far as using something like an existing Forgotten realms/Drangonlance world, a place entirely of your own creation or something in between.

Will be happy to discuss details and ideas.

I several people interested in this already as players, once a GM has been picked we will be happy to have more players join in the campaign as well so let me know if you are interested as a player as well.

So all you awesome GMs out there please let me know if you are interested. I’m in the US Eastern Time zone

unerwünscht
December 30th, 2011, 18:30
I think I might be your man. I typically start the longer lived games off with something like Sunless Citadel just to get things going, and then let the players take their characters where they will from there.

I GM for fun and free, however I am not above accepting bribes for favors. I have been playing D&D for 20+ Years now, and have been a steady Dungeon Master for 15 years.... If you are interested let me know, I have been bitching about needing a new group for a few months now.

mechavoc
December 31st, 2011, 21:07
So there has been a great response, we have a couple of DM options and a number of interested players, so many players in fact might be enough for two groups if we get one or two more.

Going to talk with the DMs about having two independant groups in the same epic campagin could make it much more interesting.

If you are interested in being a player let me know please.

mechavoc
January 3rd, 2012, 17:00
Hi All,
So we have found our pro GM going to be playing a unique campaign involving two Player groups in one fantasy campaign.

There is one full group playing on Sunday, and we have a half full group that is leaning towards a Tue/Wed game. Please let me know if you would like to join this second group.

This will be based on 3.5e and the world of Grayhawk.

madman
January 4th, 2012, 00:59
Just wondering who is going to be running this game.

Chris

mechavoc
January 4th, 2012, 01:02
The one and only unerwünscht
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?u=11229

unerwünscht
January 4th, 2012, 01:24
Yep, I have four complete story arcs roughed out, and I am ready to start fleshing them out once I know where the group is going to go with things.

Dershem
January 4th, 2012, 18:32
Depending on the time etc, I may be interested what ruleset did you guys end up with?

mechavoc
January 4th, 2012, 18:53
3.5e and it is tuesday

balrik
January 5th, 2012, 01:19
it is duel group a sunday group (full with 6) and tuesday group so far with 4...im in that one talys I can hit ya detials if ya want

Mgrancey
January 6th, 2012, 16:22
What time and zone will games run on Tuesdays? I have no set position I have to play, but prefer to be a support style of character such as clerics, wizards, bard, etc.

Dr_Babylon
January 6th, 2012, 17:49
If it is to be late evenings for Eastern timezone types then I should very much like to be a part of this if you still have room. Some fairly classical / straightforward fantasy gaming would suit my needs nicely.

Dr Babylon

balrik
January 6th, 2012, 19:42
Tuesday group is still only 4 people I think DM is willing to let 6 not 100% on this he will have to answer that for yas....we are gonna start 8pm EST -5...in tuesday group we have human fighter, elf ranger, elf rogue gonnasplit into wizard I think, and a human archivist (sorry if that spelt wrong) it is a kind of cleric

balrik
January 6th, 2012, 19:44
The DM is unerwünscht you can contact him for more details

Dr_Babylon
January 6th, 2012, 22:38
Unfortunately I cannot regularly commit to that schedule. I do wish you guys the very best.

Dr Babylon

GMDoggie
January 7th, 2012, 01:25
I'll be more than happy to play on Tuesdays! I'm fairly new to D&D but I'm quick to learn. PM me if you would like more details.

Thanks!

Mgrancey
January 7th, 2012, 03:29
I would probably play a Wizard, Psion, or Ardent if given the opportunity.

mechavoc
January 7th, 2012, 03:50
Chat with the DM to see if the Tues crew is up for it

Mgrancey
January 7th, 2012, 04:56
PM'd him. Asked about setting and told him a little about me.

unerwünscht
January 7th, 2012, 09:20
I will be getting back to everyone later tonight. I have a long day ahead of me, and don't have much time right now.

Mgrancey
January 7th, 2012, 15:45
Don't worry about it, I probably won't be able to check again until Sunday.

unerwünscht
January 7th, 2012, 19:40
Well I have not forgotten anyone, I just finished up my meetings, and I am going to go get some sleep now. It's been a long rush for a few days, but should be smooth sailing for awhile at least at this point.

unerwünscht
January 8th, 2012, 03:52
I think I have responded to everyone at this point, If I am wrong please let me know. It is not my desire nor intention to alienate anyone.

I am bringing my assistant DM up to speed tonight on the over plan and plot for the story of the game. To see if he is interested in this one or not, but he has been a little busy lately. So who knows how that will go. I have others in mind if he falls through, but am more than willing to field someone new as well if I think they are a good fit. So if you are a DM and would like to throw in your name for a potential assistant DM let me know.

Mgrancey
January 8th, 2012, 07:55
While I am more than willing to provide assistance as I can, this semester is probably going take up too much time to be a good Assistant DM. I believe that I unless something better comes up in my mind I shall play a wizard using the Staff Familiar alternate rules. Are the stats going to be rolled or point buy?

madman
January 12th, 2012, 03:00
I was wondering how the game went for you guys. How did your GM do?

Chris