PDA

View Full Version : Just Dice

demo100
December 30th, 2011, 04:38
I wanted to know if it was possible to have just certain options in fantasy grounds to be accessible. Example I just want to use, Dice, Maps, and Story, I want all other options to be turned off. Would this be possible? and how would I proceed to make it possible?

Spyke
December 30th, 2011, 08:10
The dice need the chat window available for rolling, so that would have to stay. Apart from that you only need to use what you want for your game. I think you can get by without players even needing to load a character sheet - I assume you're thinking about using FG to support a game using VOIP or face-to-face, with maps and story for handouts.

If you really want to clear the interface so that no other options are visible then you'll need to start with the Foundation ruleset and take things out, which would require a little knowledge of xml and lua but you'll find people here who can point you in the right direction and give help when needed.

Spyke

Ikael
December 30th, 2011, 11:29
Another option is to try out Unicore ruleset with the extesion attached to this post. Unicore is customizable ruleset and this extension allows only use of dice, story, map and token entries. You can download Unicore ruleset from FGWiki (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Unicore).

PS: Remember to also download one unicore theme extension and enable it along with the extension in this post, otherwise only gray desktop will be drawn when you launch unicore ruleset.

demo100
December 31st, 2011, 05:07
Thanks guys I will be trying this out tonight. I think it will be perfect, if I have any more questions I will post them :)