PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays Everyone & 4E Projects

Zeus
December 29th, 2011, 00:13
Hey All, I hope everyone has enjoyed the Christmas holidays and festive break.

After a long break from coding for FGII and now fully rested (full of turkey and christmas pud too), I am now getting ready to add some further enhancements to 4E.

I'm polling for requests; so if anyone has a burning need to see new 4E functionality, now is the time to shout and let me know what you would like to see added. I can't make promises that all your requests will be added however if there is enough common interest in any particular functionality, I will promise to take a detailed look and provide an honest assessment. Functionality that is deemed viable will go onto proof of concept and hopefully further.

Currently on the to do list:

NPC to PC conversion - Q: do you guys also want PC -> NPC conversion?
PC Condition Status - adding additional status symbols/graphics to PC Portraits (bloodied/dazed/prone etc. etc.)

I am also planning on releasing some themed map and token packs in 2012, these I plan to be make available through the Smitworks/RPGNow/RPGDirveThru stores for a modest/reasonable amount. Suggestions and requests are most welcome.

Enjoy the remainder of the holidays and Happy New Year for 2012.

DrZ.

Nilliom
December 29th, 2011, 00:29
The NPC sheet when filled manually does not seem to have a place to write down the speed, vision, and other special information under the Defenses.

There does not seem to be a place to write down the Alignment, language and equipment of NPC neither at the bottom of the NPC sheet.

That's two things I have seen today :)

Zeus
December 29th, 2011, 01:03
@Nilliom - if you are using my Personalties extension for 4E, make sure you click the Eye and Lock symbols at the bottom of the NPC sheet to show/enable all fields.

You should find all the fields you referenced are already included.

Nilliom
December 29th, 2011, 14:17
Thanks for your help! :D

adminwheel3
December 30th, 2011, 14:59
The additional condition status would be nice.

I'm curious how a PC to NPC conversion would work. Would you just take say, a single at will, a single encounter power and a single daily power or something along those lines?

Zeus
December 30th, 2011, 17:14
The additional condition status would be nice.

I'm curious how a PC to NPC conversion would work. Would you just take say, a single at will, a single encounter power and a single daily power or something along those lines?

Rather than try an automate the correct selection of powers, I was thinking of doing a straight conversion and then allowing the DM to adjust the NPC powers manually. Think this would allow for the most flexibility.

Griogre
January 2nd, 2012, 04:13
To me the PC conditions is the big thing. At paragon and above everyone always has effects on them. One thing I think would be important to make clear is which effects are "save ends". Players are always asking so they know if they should give someone a save or if they should spend a utility to make a save. All the tracker does now is just show the condition so if you could have different icons (reversed colors or something) for save and non savable conditions that would be great.

Nilliom
January 2nd, 2012, 20:24
Not a big thing, but in the encounters when we create them it would be great if the total of XP for the encounter would calculate itself automatically when we drop/remove/change number of monster in the encounter, it would speed things up and give a good idea of the encounter automatically

Zeus
January 2nd, 2012, 21:19
@Griogre: I am currently working on my 4E Tree of Life extension (PC<->NPC conversion) but hope to start work on the PC state/conditions extension this week (need to think of a better name for this extension).

I think I am going to have to get creative with the PC portraits character list in order to build something thats going to be clean. So far whilst I have been toiling away on the conversion extension (painful) I have been thinking of the following:

introduce a coloured 3px border around the portraits to indicate health status - colours will be synced to the CT health stats in the same way I sync for the Partsheet.
introduce a parallel running (horizontal) icon indicator bar beneath the PC Portraits to hold bitmap widgets (like the ones below perhaps) to provide conditions. I am thinking I can color them to indicate end conditions e.g Red for Save Ends, Black for End Next etc. etc.

https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6011/6001128719_379eccec79_o.jpg

@Nilliom: I'll have to refresh my understanding of how one calculates the XP for a given encounter. I seem to recall there are several approaches. I'll add it to the wish list.

moorcrys
January 3rd, 2012, 01:40
The markers look great! I would love to that, and thanks for all of the work you do for FG.

Cheers.

Ablefish
January 4th, 2012, 08:28
Apologies if this exists somewhere, but one tool that I would love is one that could take a folder full of .monster files and convert it into a mod.

gmkieran
January 4th, 2012, 15:07
Would LOVE to see a PC -> NPC conversion! We have several GM's in our group and it would be nice to be able to keep a new GM's character as an NPC when we switch out, for the sake of party consistency, if nothing else (and it's always nice to have an NPC in the party to nudge things one way or another ;) ). I like the look of the work on the PC statuses, too - looking forward to that one.

Cheers!
GMK

Torgaard
January 4th, 2012, 22:54
Welcome back to it Dr.Z!

I personally would lub to see you do something like what was mentioned in the Morale for combat speed improvement (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14734&page=2) thread. In fact, your little bulleted list in that thread (if possible) would be pretty amazing.

I think some of us GM's already kinda shoot from the hip and do morale rules of that nature, but I also think many of us (and by "many of us", I mean me :p ) frequently forget to do our little morale checks in the heat of battle. A little extension like that would be brilliant.

But, of course; totally cool if that one doesn't make the list. And thanks again for all the work you do for community!

adminwheel3
January 11th, 2012, 00:38
Those markers look great Dr.Z! I got a big laugh out of the one for prone.

Can't wait!