PDA

View Full Version : Dice Tower Die Rolls

Dakadin
December 23rd, 2011, 16:36
I am working on creating a dice tower. I have everything working except I can't figure out how to get the dice to roll on the host so that the clients only see the ghost dice. Right now the dice are rolled just like the client rolled them in chat which defeats the purpose of a dice tower. I am sure I am overlooking something and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this.

Dakadin
December 24th, 2011, 07:44
I think I tracked it down. I just need to finish implementing it.

Moon Wizard
January 1st, 2012, 20:41
There is dice tower functionality in both the 3.5E and 4E built-in rulesets that you can use as examples.

For a simpler version, there is an old extension called TheBox in the forum history that you can check out.

Regards,
JPG

Dakadin
January 5th, 2012, 17:59
Thanks. I am using the version in the 4e ruleset. I have it working except for a few quirks I have to resolve but those are mainly the messages that are displayed.

Insanity
January 7th, 2012, 22:55
By chance would your dice tower be an extension usable for other rulesets? Been looking for one.

Dakadin
January 8th, 2012, 21:26
I am working on an extension for the Rolemaster ruleset to add the dice tower. Which ruleset(s) were you looking for a dice tower?

Insanity
January 11th, 2012, 00:21
Call of Cthulhu

I've tried using TheBox, but when the d100 rolls are dragged from the character sheet, they get broken down into three die. Somehow between how a d100 is defined in the ruleset and how it is defined in TheBox, when dropped in the box, out comes three d10s, the first one being 00-90, the next two each being standard d10s. I can always ignore the last one I suppose, but rather have it work properly. It seems to copy the description fine, just the d100 rolls are screwy, which most checks in CoC.

Dakadin
January 19th, 2012, 21:27
I encountered some of the same issues with the Rolemaster ruleset using the 4E dice tower. Rolemaster uses a few special types of d100 rolls that I had to take into account to get it working. I don't own the CoC ruleset so I can't help with that side of it but if you can give me a link to TheBox I will see if I can get you pointed in the right direction.

lachancery
January 20th, 2012, 04:20
I encountered some of the same issues with the Rolemaster ruleset using the 4E dice tower. Rolemaster uses a few special types of d100 rolls that I had to take into account to get it working. I don't own the CoC ruleset so I can't help with that side of it but if you can give me a link to TheBox I will see if I can get you pointed in the right direction.
Of course, you know you can count on me when you're ready to test that RMC dice tower. ;)

Dakadin
January 20th, 2012, 04:31
LOL. I should be able to post it tomorrow. The dice tower is pretty solid right now. It doesn't handle attack rolls but I couldn't see the need with attack rolls. The delay is for one other feature that I am including but found a minor issue with last night.