PDA

View Full Version : Extend RMC

Dakadin
December 20th, 2011, 18:07
This extension is no longer needed with the latest version of the RMC ruleset so I removed the Extend RMC file. All the functionality has been included in the ruleset.

I changed this first post so I could use it to attach the latest version of the extension. The original post has been reposted so it isn’t lost.

Extend RMC is an extension for the RMC ruleset that provides the following:

• Resistance Rolls
• Stat Rolls
• Dice Tower
• Character Exports
• Character Imports
• Large and Super-Large Criticals in the Table Resolver
• Additional Criticals for Weapons
• Ability to Drag all Table Types
• Fix for Lightning Bolt "J" Criticals (Natural 100 Attack Rolls)
• Support for Base Spell Attack Table (Needs module)
• Support for RR Table (Needs module)
• Support for Unmodified Rolls in Tables (Need to add entries to tables)
• Modifiers Window
• Preference for Automatically Totaling Dice Results (Thanks Trenloe)
• Extension Version Shows when Loading a Campaign (Thanks Trenloe)
• Fixed issues with Character Sheet Scroller Controls
• Fix for high CPU utilization with the Library open
• Fix for targeting issue after the GM deletes the target
• Notes - persistently sharable
• Images - Most of the 4E image functionality
• Modifiers - Automatically applied for must parry, stun, stun no parry and bleeding
• Combat Tracker Enhancements - See details in thread
• Character Sheet Adrenal Defense DB Calculation Preference
• Movement Maneuver Field Rolls
• Close Buttons
• Library entries can now be shared
• Ring Bell only for active player with GM Preference
• Encounters added
• Image Resizing Options
• GM Preference to fill in NPC First Glance with the Name when adding to the Combat Tracker
• GM Preference to auto number NPCs when adding to the Combat Tracker
• GM Preference to auto roll NPC Initiative when adding to the Combat Tracker
• Fixed an issue where desktop buttons weren't functioning

More details about these can be found in other posts within this thread.

I hope you enjoy it.

Also I want to say thanks to anyone that was involved in creating the RMC ruleset. Working with it has shown me just how complicated it is and how much work was involved. You did a great job!

Current Version: 1.2.16

lachancery
December 21st, 2011, 03:45
This RMC extension provides functionality for rolling stat and resistance rolls. The same shadow dice image from the skills tab appear in the labels as a reminder that you can roll the dice. The rolls can be made from either the label or the total bonus. You can drag or double click them to roll the dice. The rolls are open ended and will display a summary of the modifiers to the rolls.

I hope it ends up being useful.

Lachancery, I haven't even looked at items #2 and #3 from this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15739) yet.
It works great over here. Thanks, I'm loving it! :)

lachancery
January 10th, 2012, 20:45
FYI, I discovered the RR table is included in the Character Law book in chapter 5.4 Stat Bonuses. Just sayin'... ;)

Dakadin
January 10th, 2012, 21:39
LOL. I am actually focused on implementing a dice tower and a couple other things that I thought would be useful. Hopefully I will have them done soon so I can take a better look at the RR table ;)

lachancery
January 11th, 2012, 17:42
LOL. I am actually focused on implementing a dice tower and a couple other things that I thought would be useful. Hopefully I will have them done soon so I can take a better look at the RR table ;)
A dice tower is also a worthy feature to have! :)

Dakadin
January 20th, 2012, 19:17
This was the original post in this thread:

This RMC extension provides functionality for rolling stat and resistance rolls. The same shadow dice image from the skills tab appear in the labels as a reminder that you can roll the dice. The rolls can be made from either the label or the total bonus. You can drag or double click them to roll the dice. The rolls are open ended and will display a summary of the modifiers to the rolls.

I hope it ends up being useful.

Lachancery, I haven't even looked at items #2 and #3 from this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...ad.php?t=15739) yet.

Dakadin
January 20th, 2012, 19:18
A Dice Tower has been added. Just drag the dice to the dice tower to use. It will roll the dice so that the GM can see the results and provide a message to the player that dropped the dice into the tower. It should handle all rolls except for attack rolls.

Characters can be exported from a campaign using the /exportchar command. This command can be used two different ways. Using /exportchar with a character name will export only that character. Using it without a character name will export all the characters in the campaign. The characters will be saved in an XML file.

Characters can be imported into a campaign using the /importchar command. You will need to select a valid XML file that was created using the /exportchar command. This command will add all the characters in the XML file to the currect campaign.

lachancery
January 20th, 2012, 19:53
Very cool! The dice tower works great. It will make the disarm trap moments a tad more stressful, and make perception checks more uncomfortable... :)

/exportchar and /importchat worked great too. The portrait gets lost along the way, but the feature works as designed.

Good job!

GunnarGreybeard
January 20th, 2012, 20:41
This is great! Nice seeing RMC getting tweaked.

Chris_Seal
January 21st, 2012, 20:10
Thanks for your work on this Dakadin.

Cheers
Chris

Ardem
January 22nd, 2012, 22:48
Looking forward to testing this out next game session on the 5th. Great work.

Ardem
January 22nd, 2012, 23:34
Dakadin

Well did not wait I went to test it but I am running into a stumbling block with my FRP extension, we have both made modifications to the cha_listclasses_abilitywindow class.

I had to for various heading and math changes and you needed it for your RR.

Can

A) I incorporate these changes into FRP module

B) get you to make a FRP extension which incorporates my changes.

Happy to provide you the FRP to show what I mean. Please let me know, as I really with to include your tow and RR ability into my FRP extension.

Dakadin
January 23rd, 2012, 00:53
Hi Ardem,

I separated the window classes in the charsheet_listclasses.xml file into separate files for each class that I extended. That way it would be easier for people to overwrite the changes. I am fine with you making the changes I made to the abilitywindow and rrwindow classes and incorporate them into your extension.

I am pretty sure they implemented extension load order as an option in Fantasy Grounds version 2.8. This might be an option to help also after making the changes.

Here are the changes I think I made to the two classes. I added a generic control for the ghost dice. I added onDoubleClick and onDrag functions in a few different places. I also added the functions that are called by those two functions. Those should be all the changes I made to those two classes.

I can't think of any reason to change those window classes in the future so you should be safe once you incorporate them.

If you added the entire charsheet_listclasses.xml, then you will also have issues with the chat window class. I needed to use the chat_chat.lua and chatmanager.lua files for the dice tower and import/export characters functionality.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help you get your FRP extension working with these changes.

lachancery
January 23rd, 2012, 17:14
In my game last night, we used the Dice Tower for the first time. Party encountered an overly friendly merchant at a wooded crossroad, far from any major town. The ranger was suspicious and scouted around while the others were chatting with the merchant.

I had the perception and tracking rolls made in the Dice Tower. He rolled low, not spotting the ambush awaiting the party. As I expected, having no reference to whether he rolled high or low increased the anxiety and tension of the scene. The "surprise effect" of the ambush was more felt by the players...

Thanks Dakadin for making our game last night better! :)

Dakadin
January 23rd, 2012, 21:38
Very cool! Thanks for sharing the feedback. I originally started making changes to the RMC ruleset so that it could be used to run RMSS but I stopped because I wanted to see how other rulesets worked that were more up to date. Part of the reason I started making changes to the RMC ruleset again was the activity level on the RMC forum increased so it got me interested in working on a few things I was planning on doing. In fact I think you were the first one to get me working on it again :).

BTW I think you will like the large and super-large criticals. It will require the GM to decide when to use them but it is pretty easy to resolve them. I have it working pretty well. I am just trying to get secondary criticals working at this point. I am pretty close but it might cause performance issues because of the way the tables are generated. If so I will remove it and just release it with the large/super-large criticals.

NEPHiLiX
January 24th, 2012, 02:55
BTW I think you will like the large and super-large criticals. It will require the GM to decide when to use them but it is pretty easy to resolve them. I have it working pretty well. I am just trying to get secondary criticals working at this point. I am pretty close but it might cause performance issues because of the way the tables are generated. If so I will remove it and just release it with the large/super-large criticals.

Brilliant!!!

lachancery
January 24th, 2012, 03:20
In fact I think you were the first one to get me working on it again :).
I'm glad to have inspired you to improve the RMC ruleset! It's the fun part of having a community - it's contagious. :)

BTW I think you will like the large and super-large criticals. I have it working pretty well.
Cool! I'll be putting it to good use. My players are very near the Trollshaws, on their way to Rivendell. They'll soon be encountering their first troll, with Dakadin's new Large Crits tables. :)

My players got to use a few of your mods last night. The merchant duped them into drinking a drugged broth - there goes a RR from the main character sheet - and some of them had to roll against one of their stat later on. They're enjoying and commented on your improvements last night.

Dakadin
January 26th, 2012, 23:23
There is a new version of Extend RMC which adds 4 new items.

Natural 100 attack rolls on the Lightning Bolt table could result in critical severities above the standard E critical. F, G, H, and I were handled properly but J criticals weren't showing any criticals. The issue is caused because the underlying table isn't setup properly for the J criticals. I added a fix which resolves this issue.

Large and Super-Large criticals are now selectable when resolving an attack result. When you right click an attack result with a critical, new options show up for Large and Super-Large criticals. Each of these options has sub-options for Normal (Arms), Mithril (Arms), Magic (Arms), Holy Arm (Arms), Slaying (Arms), Normal (Spells) and Slaying (Spells). They show up as options regardless of the critical result and it doesn't take into account the B-E severity range for Large and D-E severity range for Super-Large criticals. This was intentionally done this way to provide more flexiblity. The selecting on the options for these criticals is a manual process that the GM will need to handle according to the rules. The critical tables will load with the appropriate column highlighted like any other critical table.

Extra fields were added to the combat attacks that allow the ability to apply additional criticals to those attacks. You can set up to 2 different additional criticals per attack since when I checked in Creatures and Treasures that is the most additional criticals for any one item. There are fields for the Critical Table and Level Diff. The Critical Table fields will hold the table that will be used to determine the additional criticals (sorry I've been referring to them as secondary criticals up until this point but the rules used additional criticals). The Level Diff fields allow you to modify the base severity level for the critical. This allows weapons such as the Adamantine Flail which does an additional Impact critical 1 severity level less than the normal critical (i.e., put -1 in the Level Diff field and Impact in the Critical Table). The new fields will be copied to the combat tracker when the character is copied. The Additional Criticals options will only show up when a normal critical results from the attack. The critical tables will load with the appropriate column highlighted like any other critical table unless the result would be less than an A critical. If the result is less than an A critical the critical table won't change and the GM will receive a message. I tried to make it so it only showed up when appropriate but a couple quirks in the way the radial menus work with the tables was giving me issues with my first approach. I change to a different algorithm after 2 days of fighting with it.

You can now drag all table types from the Table Manager, instead of just attack tables. This allows you to drag and drop tables to the new Add Critical #1 and #2 fields for the weapon attacks and to the Table Results. There aren't any checks to prevent you from pulling the wrong type of table to the additional critical and attack tables of the weapon attacks.

With the new Additional Criticals, I will need to show NEPHiLiX how to create the critical tables sooner instead of later.

This change was actually much more extensive than the last couple (even the Dice Tower) so I hope you have a good time with it.

And Lachancery, thanks again for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I've been reading them to my wife :D .

Dakadin
January 26th, 2012, 23:46
Ardem, were you able to get this integrated with your FRP extension? If you send me your version of those 2 files, I will make the changes and send them back to you.

NEPHiLiX
January 27th, 2012, 03:23
Fantastic work Dakadin, this will make combat so much smoother!!

lachancery
January 27th, 2012, 04:30
Wow! You were right, I am happy/impressed by this update. Well done!

We're not having a game this Sunday - life is getting in the way. I'm looking forward to testing these additions with my players. I'll run some tests over the week-end and let you know if I find anything odd.

Thanks a bunch!

To Dakadin's wife:

Your husband is a cool & smart guy who has been making other's leisure time more fun. You are a lucky gal - give him a big hug! ;)

Ardem
January 27th, 2012, 07:12
Great work, I managed to copy those scripts in the listclasses_abilitywindow.xml modification I made, and since all the other classes are different everything else works perfectly.

Thanks for you efforts here.

(Got to love compare in notepad++, took all of 2 minutes.)

Dakadin
January 28th, 2012, 06:57
If anyone has any ideas for enhancements or bug fixes, I am willing to look into them.

I've already started thinking about how I could implement Lachancery's suggestions for the Base Attack Spell and Resistance Roll tables. I think I have it figured out but I am going to try to do a post on creating your own critical tables first. That way people can implement the extra critical tables from the Rolemaster Companions if they want to use them.

Ardem, glad to hear you got it working without any trouble.

NEPHiLiX
January 28th, 2012, 09:30
Gave the radial LA and SL crits a run-through and they worked flawlessly. Great, great speed-up of combat thanks to that add-in, Dakadin. Much appreciated!

lachancery
January 28th, 2012, 15:39
If anyone has any ideas for enhancements or bug fixes, I am willing to look into them.

I've already started thinking about how I could implement Lachancery's suggestions for the Base Attack Spell and Resistance Roll tables. I think I have it figured out but I am going to try to do a post on creating your own critical tables first. That way people can implement the extra critical tables from the Rolemaster Companions if they want to use them.

Ardem, glad to hear you got it working without any trouble.
I did a quick test of the new features as well and all seem to work flawlessly. Good job!

Regarding the base attack roll implementation, I'd suggest Modifying the spells tab of the character sheet, something along the lines of the combat tab. Fields affecting the base roll (level, stat, special) would be in a bottom section with shadowed dice total. Players would roll for base spell casting there.

As secondary feature, supporting ESF would be very cool. Some of the optional rules for ESF are usually the first ones I use. (ex. Casting with fewer hands, excess equipment, less preparation, etc.)

The other spell casting improvement would be to make supporting elemental attacks more obvious. I was writing a library module with each attack spell in a table that can be dragged into the combat tab, but there might be a better implementation directly from the spells tab on the character sheet.

Another feature suggestion unrelated to the above is a control panel for combat modifiers. During tactical play, I always have open the list of offensive & defensive modifiers. Having a control panel instead of reading through the rules could be cool.

I have a wish list made of smaller improvements. When I get back to my computer, I will post it as well.

Dakadin
January 29th, 2012, 03:23
Good suggestions.

I am going to have to think through the best way to implement the spells though. I like the idea of doing these on the spells tab. It sounds like it is the best option for long-term but I could probably do it on the combat tab fairly quickly. The problem with that is it would be difficult moving it later ;) so I will need to think it through a bit more.

I like the modifiers control panel and it shouldn't be too hard to implement. It should also speed things up.

Dakadin
February 2nd, 2012, 05:04
I found a bug when doing a movement maneuver skill and fumbles using the table resolver. The first post has been updated with version 1.2.2 which has a fix for this issue. Please let me know if anyone finds any other issues.

Dakadin
February 4th, 2012, 20:18
Lachancery, did you have any ideas how you would like to see ESF done? I just reread the rules and it seems that just having an easy way to total it up would be the best but I can't think of an easy way to do it with the way things currently are. So I figured I would ask you.

I almost have the base spell attack table and resistance rolls completed. I didn't change the spell tab, instead I just did it the way other weapons and spells are handle but with a new table. The spell tab changes would require a change to the Spell Law library module, at least the way I was envisioning it and I didn't want to go that far yet. I didn't change the RR table because it ended up being more confusing so instead it gives the option of opening the RR table in the results grid and it automatically selects the attacker and defender levels in the table so that it is easy to see the required result.

I just have a few things I want to change and I need to find out the best way to handle the new versions of the tables. Hopefully I will have it done in time for your Friday game.

lachancery
February 5th, 2012, 02:08
Lachancery, did you have any ideas how you would like to see ESF done? I just reread the rules and it seems that just having an easy way to total it up would be the best but I can't think of an easy way to do it with the way things currently are. So I figured I would ask you.
I see two parts to it...

The first, determining whether there is an ESF or not, can be simulated with a negative modifier on the base spell "attack table". If the net result is less than 3, it's a fumble result on the resolver. For the v1 implementation, the ESF modifier can be typed in manually by the player when he rolls for the base spell "attack". The v2 implementation could tie in with the modifiers "control panel" we mentioned previously. The control panel would allow the players to toggle which situation is in effect when he rolls an "attack". The control panel could have three tabs; one for offensive/defensive modifiers in combat, one for spell casting modifiers, and one for skill (MM/SM) modifiers. Within the resolver, you could trigger these situations the same way the other automated modifiers are displayed (for wounds & armor penalty, for example). The GM would then have all the information to tweak the rolls if there are any mistake.

The second part requires a flow change in the resolver: you would need to be able to pass modifiers to the crit/fumble resolver, in a similar way they are handled during the attack resolution. This is because the ESF is multiplied by three and added to the fumble roll. The upside of this change is that it could also be used elsewhere later to automate other crit roll modifiers.

Of course, you might think of a simpler, more elegant design than this, like you did last time. ;)

I almost have the base spell attack table and resistance rolls completed. I didn't change the spell tab, instead I just did it the way other weapons and spells are handle but with a new table. The spell tab changes would require a change to the Spell Law library module, at least the way I was envisioning it and I didn't want to go that far yet. I didn't change the RR table because it ended up being more confusing so instead it gives the option of opening the RR table in the results grid and it automatically selects the attacker and defender levels in the table so that it is easy to see the required result.
From a functional view point, handling like an attack works great. It's more the lack of intuitiveness for new comers to the RMC ruleset. Later down the road, a "user presentation abstraction" may be better; it could continue to simulate a weapon, but it could be presented on the character sheet as something more intuitive.

Back to the present, I think it's fine that the result opens the RR table, somewhat like when the resolver opens the MM table and the GM has to look up the difficulty of the maneuver that was just attempted. The attacker's level can vary based on what optional rules are being used and it's conceivable some magic items may have a preset attacker level different than the player's level. I would recommend, if it's doable, to lookup/highlight the defender's level though, as that is rarely modified and it should be available when rolling the RR.

I just have a few things I want to change and I need to find out the best way to handle the new versions of the tables. Hopefully I will have it done in time for your Friday game.
No worries, since I'm starting the game at level 1, it would be a challenge to use all the new features without killing the party... ;)

I am polishing up a list of features for the RMC ruleset; I didn't have time to work on it this week, but I should be able to post that by Monday. I have my other game tomorrow night, and hoping to be able to try out the features from your last version. :)

GunnarGreybeard
February 6th, 2012, 10:58
Finally getting to install this. Will be taking it for a test drive later today. Thanks again to all those working to make this ruleset even better. ;)

Ardem
March 8th, 2012, 02:18
Dakadin, you may want to look at what I have done with adding a Static Maneuver Table and resolving and adding it to your Extend RMC version. I believe this alone makes a great enhancement, I will let you know next adventure as it will be use but I was tired of looking up static table every time there was a roll.

Dakadin
March 8th, 2012, 03:33
Thanks. It is one of the things I was thinking about adding but just haven't gotten around to it. I will definitely look at it. I definitely want to see how you implemented it. :)

Just to warn you I've been making changes to the character sheet for the next release so we will have to work on getting the conflicting files worked out. I might just do the merge for you and send you the updated files since the code is still fresh in my mind.

Ardem
March 8th, 2012, 04:07
No I would not bother in doing the merge. It takes me 5 minutes to do the changes.

Notepad++ Compare Plugin (which compares one set of code to another) does the bulk on the heavy lifting. Also I would get in the habit of make notes to each line you change as it help pick out what is RMC and what is your code, I have done this with FRP.

Spell casting Static could also be done, but would need a new type in the skills sheet.

Besides the Library module db.xml, these are the following files with changes 3 files only, about 6-8 Lines all up <smile>

ManagementScript_Utilities.lua
ManagementScript_Constants.lua
tablemanager.lua

Dakadin
March 8th, 2012, 15:58
That's good news. I was going to do the same thing. I just felt bad because I was making you change it again. ;)

I know I've made a change to ManagementScript_Utilities.lua and any of the character sheet XML files that have the scroller control. I don't think I've changed tablemanager.lua since the 1.2.2 version and I haven't touched ManagementScript_Constants.lua at all so hopefully it will be a pretty quick change for you.

Dakadin
March 12th, 2012, 06:03
It’s been a bit since I released an update of Extend RMC. I’ve been working on it but most of the changes required library changes so I held off on releasing the changes. Extend RMC is now up to version 1.2.6. The first 3 changes require the library changes.

Unmodified rolls can now be set for tables. When resolving rolls using the Table Resolver, it will use the first roll without modifiers to see if it matches any of the unmodified roll entries. If a modified roll equals an unmodified roll then it will automatically adjust the result to a valid modified roll. Here is an example of the XML I added after the Fumble section of the Lightning Bolt table:

<Unmodified>
<id-00001>
<Range type="string">1-2</Range>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<Range type="string">100-100</Range>
</id-00002>
</Unmodified>
There is now support for the Resistance Roll Table. If a player rolls an RR using their character sheet then it will be added to the Stack Manager of the Table Resolver. When it is resolved the row will be set to the character’s level, the results to resist will be shown in the cells. It doesn’t handle dragging of rolls to it since the roll results are in the cells. It should speed up looking up the results though. The table ID for this table needs to be CHL05-05.

There is now support for the Base Spell Attack Table. A combat tab attack can be set with the new table. The roll be a close ended roll and the appropriate unmodified results to determine the results. You can drag the results to use as a modifier to the RR and can then be right clicked to pull up the RR Table with the attacker’s level set to the column and the defender’s level set to the row. This should speed up looking up the results. The table ID in the library module needs to be SPL04-02.

I am working on a way to get these tables to you so they won’t have to be created by each user. If I can’t get it worked out in the next few weeks, then I will provide instructions similar to the critical table instructions.

There is now a Modifiers window that can be selected right below the Player Rolls (Table Resolver) button. The GM can create new modifiers using the radial menu but unfortunately they will only be available to the GM. You can also drag other modifiers to the Modifiers window. If you want player accessible modifiers then they will need to be put into the common.xml or client.xml library module since they won’t have access to them via the campaign db.xml. You can use the interface to create the modifiers then copy them out of your campaign db.xml into another library module. They need to be off the root of the new module in a modifiers section like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>
<root version="2.0" >
<modifiers>
<id-00001>
<bonus type="number">20</bonus>
<label type="string">Easy Difficulty</label>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<bonus type="number">-10</bonus>
<label type="string">Heavy Shadows</label>
</id-00002>
</modifiers>
</root>
A Range modifier with a 0 value will automatically be added to Modifiers List of the Table Resolver for easy changing of the range modifier.

Modifiers are draggable to the Table Resolver Modifier List.

Stat and RR Total Bonuses are now modifiers. You can double click or drag them to use them.

Fixed issues with the character sheet lists. Scroller controls will now appear for all lists. The scroller controls have been shifted to the bottom left portion of the list so that they no longer block the lists. Some lists were resized so that they fit the space provided better.

The default preference value for the mouse scroll sheel has been changed to use CTRL instead of None.

A preference has been added to total the dice automatically. Thanks Trenloe.

The version of the extension will now show up in the chat window when a campaign is loaded.

GunnarGreybeard
March 12th, 2012, 16:16
Man you guys are awesome! I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to do this stuff. Thanks for the extra hours being put into this ruleset. ;)

Ardem
March 13th, 2012, 00:06
I noticed you did not add the static maneuver table changes, was there a problem with how I did it? Just curious. Or is it because of the addition in the db.xml thats the hardest?

lachancery
March 13th, 2012, 03:15
I noticed you did not add the static maneuver table changes, was there a problem with how I did it? Just curious. Or is it because of the addition in the db.xml thats the hardest?
Btw, in the basic rules for RMC (Character Law p.138), static maneuvers succeed simply on a roll of >100. The resolution table is an optional rule (option 24). That may not have anything to do with why Dakadin didn't do it, though...

Dakadin
March 13th, 2012, 03:40
Hi Ardem,

I just haven't had a chance to get around to it. I've been mainly focused on completing things which will make the biggest improvements to the games that I'm involved in. After my last game I've already added a couple more things as high priorities. ;)

Ardem
March 13th, 2012, 06:26
Btw, in the basic rules for RMC (Character Law p.138), static maneuvers succeed simply on a roll of >100. The resolution table is an optional rule (option 24). That may not have anything to do with why Dakadin didn't do it, though...

Didn't know that, but then again I don't know how you guys can play a cut down version of RM.

It like wanting to play chess, but to turn up to find your playing checkers, with chess pieces.

Ardem
March 13th, 2012, 06:28
Hi Ardem,

I just haven't had a chance to get around to it. I've been mainly focused on completing things which will make the biggest improvements to the games that I'm involved in. After my last game I've already added a couple more things as high priorities. ;)

Hahaha I understand that it seems the same with my FRP development process. It amazing how personal gain influence coding decisions.

lachancery
March 13th, 2012, 06:35
Didn't know that, but then again I don't know how you guys can play a cut down version of RM.

It like wanting to play chess, but to turn up to find your playing checkers, with chess pieces.
Hahaha! Well, perhaps we don't want to play chess cuz we like checkers better? :p

Dakadin
March 13th, 2012, 16:22
Hahaha I understand that it seems the same with my FRP development process. It amazing how personal gain influence coding decisions.

Ha! That is one of the biggest advantages of doing the development yourself. You can prioritize the things which will help your game the most. :D

Ardem
March 14th, 2012, 07:07
Couple of technical question

- Why did you include charsheet_listclasses.xml as it is not referenced in you extension.xml. Also there is no change from the original?

- charsheet_combat.xml and the orginal charsheet_combat.xml I cannot see a difference running the compare tool could you let me know the change?

- charsheet_inventory.xml "<target>weapon</target>" instead of inventory why the change Not sure what target does and is it essential?

--------------------------------

- Only xml changes to FRP I need to make was in the charsheet_listclasses_abilitywindow, your changes in charsheet were cosmetic and I have already made different cosmetic changes for FRP, since FRP runs last it will overwrite your changes here.

- Script changes to FRP were in tablemanager.lua, managementscript_utilities

Dakadin
March 14th, 2012, 16:08
- Why did you include charsheet_listclasses.xml as it is not referenced in you extension.xml. Also there is no change from the original?

You are right. It isn't being used. I accidently left that file in the extension. I moved all the character sheet files over when I was making changes and missed removing that one when I was cleaning up the files.

- charsheet_combat.xml and the orginal charsheet_combat.xml I cannot see a difference running the compare tool could you let me know the change?

The 2 changes in that file are very minor. I moved the scroller controls down a bit so they wouldn't be overlapping the items in the lists and I wanted them to be consistently placed. The only change is in the offset values of the controls.

- charsheet_inventory.xml "<target>weapon</target>" instead of inventory why the change Not sure what target does and is it essential?

The target tells the scroller control which list to be associated with. I am guessing they copied the control from the combat tab and just missed changing the target on the inventory tab. That is why the scroller never showed up for the inventory control. This change resolves that. If I remember correctly there was one other target that needed to be changed but it might have been in a different file.

- Only xml changes to FRP I need to make was in the charsheet_listclasses_abilitywindow, your changes in charsheet were cosmetic and I have already made different cosmetic changes for FRP, since FRP runs last it will overwrite your changes here.

That's good news. There is a change in charsheet_listclasses_rrwindow that have some functionality though. It allows the RR total bonus to be a modifier with description and the RR can be rolled using the name/shadow dice.

- Script changes to FRP were in tablemanager.lua, managementscript_utilities

I think I warned you of this earlier in this thread but I could be wrong. :)

Ardem
March 21st, 2012, 14:45
Is the RR and Base Spell Table working in its existing form, if so can you give me a step by step when it come to where you click for the base spell list attack

Is that in the combat window or is it a skill based roll.

Also when I click RR I get a Unable to find attack table? Thoughts?

Ardem
March 21st, 2012, 14:55
Is the RR and Base Spell Table working in its existing form, if so can you give me a step by step when it come to where you click for the base spell list attack

Is that in the combat window or is it a skill based roll.

Also when I click RR I get a Unable to find attack table? Thoughts?

Dakadin
March 21st, 2012, 17:15
The Base Spell Attack and Resistance Roll tables need a library module containing those tables in order to access the new functionality. You will receive the unable to find table messages if you don't have these table. I am working on an Excel spreadsheet which should allow you to just fill in the numbers on the table and it will create the XML file for the 2 tables. You will just have to add the db.xml to a module and enable the module. I should be able to post the spreadsheet later today.

The Base Spell Attack Table is setup by creating an attack on the combat tab. I just the Type to Special and drag the table to the Table field. Then when the attack is rolled, it will create an entry in the Table Resolver using the Base Spell Attack Table. The cells of the table will show the results of the roll. If the result isn't a fumble, it can be dragged as a modifier. If it is an NPC I just drag it to my Modifier Stack. If it is a PC, I drag it to the chat window so they can drag it to their Modifier Stack. Then I right click the results and a Resolve Resistance Roll option should be on the radial menu.

The Resistance Roll Table columns represent the attacker's level and the rows represent the target's (defender's) level. The cells will show the value the defender needs to get on there RR to resist the attack. If the attacker or defender levels need to change then just click a new column or row.

WARNING: Don't drag the RR roll to the Resistance Roll Table! It is just for quick reference so you can see what the target number should be.

The Resistance Roll Table can be accessed 2 different ways.

The first is as a result of a Base Spell Attack Table. When the Resolve Resistance Roll option is selected, it will load the Resistance Roll Table in the lower portion of the Table Resolver. The attacker column will be selected based on the attacker's level and the target row will be selected based on the defender's level.

The second is double clicking or dragging the resistance roll shadow dice on the character sheet. This will generate a result in the Table Resolver with the attacker (column) and defender (row) levels set to the character's level. I did this since I figured most of the time the character would be resisting things around their level.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Dakadin
March 21st, 2012, 17:21
Lately, I've been working on changes to the Combat Tracker. One of the things I am implementing is the ability to roll initiative from using the Combat Tracker. Right now, it is using 2d10 + QU bonus. I wanted to check if anyone was using something different way to calculate initiative. If so I will add it as a preference. Please let me know if you use something different and I will try to include it.

dr_venture
March 21st, 2012, 18:51
Initiative from the CT is way-cool. In my testing recently, it was one of the things that I was surprised wasn't available in the ruleset. The other thing I wanted was to see combatant's movement rates listed there, too. Maybe I missed it, but I scanned carefully twice & didn't see movement. It's kind-of a pain to have to keep track of movement rates by opening up all the monster & character sheets... though I'm not sure where there's room to put it in the CT.

Dakadin
March 21st, 2012, 19:04
The attached file Zip file that contains a spreadsheet that I used when creating my Base Spell Attack and Resistance Roll Tables. I cleaned it up a bit to make it easier for others to use. You will need Excel to use this spreadsheet. The other files in the Zip are a blank db.xml file (just for reference) and a definition.xml file.

Instructions for RMC BSAT RR Blank.xlsm
1. Open the RMC BSAT RR Blank.xlsm file contained in the attached Zip file.

2. You will need to enable the content/macros to use this. If you are concerned I do recommend opening the macro in the VBA editor to see what it is actually doing.

3. I changed the color of the cells you don't need to change. You only need to change the cells that are still white.

4. Fill in the data on the BSAT tab

a. Fill in the appropriate values for each cell of the main table. The values should be either a number or the letter F.

b. Fill in the Max Fumble row with the maximum roll that would still result in a fumble for that column. (For example, the Max Fumble would be 16 for the Essence Metal Armor column.

5. Fill in the data on the RR tab

a. Fill in the values directly from the RR table in the book. The columns across the top are the attacker's level. The rows along the left side are the target's level.

6. Change the Save File To to an existing directory

7. Click the Create db.xml button which will create a db.xml file in the folder specified in #6.

8. Modify the definition.xml file in the Zip if you want to use different values. (Don't change the ruleset)

9. Put definition.xml and the db.xml that was created by Excel in a new Zip file.

10. Change the extension of the new Zip file from .ZIP to .MOD.

11. Load a RMC campaign in FG.

12. Enable the new module.

The tables should now be available for use. If you open the Tables, you should see the Base Spell Attack Table in the Spell Law Attacks section and the Resistance Roll Table in the Other section.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Dakadin
March 21st, 2012, 19:06
Initiative from the CT is way-cool. In my testing recently, it was one of the things that I was surprised wasn't available in the ruleset. The other thing I wanted was to see combatant's movement rates listed there, too. Maybe I missed it, but I scanned carefully twice & didn't see movement. It's kind-of a pain to have to keep track of movement rates by opening up all the monster & character sheets... though I'm not sure where there's room to put it in the CT.

Great idea! I am adding it to my list. :)

Let me know if you think of anything else.

lachancery
March 21st, 2012, 20:51
The missile penalty on the first line in the combat tracker is not useful. For players, it is automatically read from the character sheet when attacks are rolled, and for NPCs, it should already be included in the missile attack OB.

We have discussed other useful information to add to the combat tracker (like PPs), but move rate is certainly one that I've had to refer back to the sheet to often.

Dakadin
March 22nd, 2012, 02:34
My initial thoughts are that AT, Missile Penalty and DB aren't really needed on the main panel of a combat entry. I would rather see Movement and Power Points there. Then I should have room to add another panel icon which would open a panel for AT, Missile Penalty, DB and any other items that might be nice to have in the combat tracker. How does that sound? I've had exhaustion mentioned as another item to include. Are there any others?

Chris_Seal
March 22nd, 2012, 12:10
Thanks for your work with this guys.

I finally got around to trying the latest version this evening and I have a weird error. All of the icons appear twice. I would really appreciate any ideas about how to fix this since the screen real estate is limited enough as it is :).

Once again, though, thanks for the updates. They make a great ruleset greater.

Cheers
Chris

Dakadin
March 22nd, 2012, 16:07
That is weird.

Do you mean the icons on the right when it initially loads? Can you post a screenshot?

Are you running any other extensions or have you made any changes to the base ruleset?

Hopefully we can get this resolved for you soon.

Dakadin
March 23rd, 2012, 02:16
Ok. After banging my head against the wall for a bit, I remember that panels can't be modified in an extension so I am going to have to re-evaluate the extra fields for the combat tracker. I am too lazy to look it up but I seem to remember that v2.9 is supposed to allow changes to panels in extensions.

Chris_Seal
March 23rd, 2012, 07:46
Thanks Dakadin,

I've altered the desktop png file which I suspect might be causing the issue. Of course I did this so long ago, I can't remember how to undo it :/.

I've attached a screenshot of both with and without Extend RMC.

Really appreciate you taking the time to look at it for me.

Cheers
Chris

Chris_Seal
March 23rd, 2012, 08:12
Short update.

I rolled back the desktop to the original one that came with the ruleset and I'm still seeing double :D.

I'm running Windows XP too BTW.

Cheers
Chris

lachancery
March 23rd, 2012, 14:49
I rolled back the desktop to the original one that came with the ruleset and I'm still seeing double :D.

You could try uninstalling the ruleset (and deleting the appropriate directories to make sure it's a thorough uninstall) and reinstall v1.2 to see if it's happening on a "stock version".

In case you didn't have the installer for RMC 1.2 anymore, I was going to point you to the order history at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/orders.xcp but the link to download the Rolemaster ruleset is not in the history. You'd have to go back to the original confirmation email... :(

Dakadin
March 23rd, 2012, 15:42
Chris, I think I have a pretty good idea what is going on to cause the issue. I have a couple guesses what the possible cause is but I have a couple questions.

Do you have any other extensions loaded?

If you load up Ardem's RM Skin instead of Extend RMC do you still get double icons?

I sent you a PM about this also.

Chris_Seal
March 23rd, 2012, 21:48
Hi all,

You could try uninstalling the ruleset (and deleting the appropriate directories to make sure it's a thorough uninstall) and reinstall v1.2 to see if it's happening on a "stock version".(

Thanks for the suggestion. Still seems to be a problem though :confused:

Chris, I think I have a pretty good idea what is going on to cause the issue. I have a couple guesses what the possible cause is but I have a couple questions.

Do you have any other extensions loaded?

If you load up Ardem's RM Skin instead of Extend RMC do you still get double icons?

I sent you a PM about this also.

I don't have any extensions loaded, though I have used several in the past. I do have a library module containing a few extra weapon and fumble tables and some racial stuff. In my testing I've unloaded all of the modules to no avail.

Replied to your PM thanks Dakadin.

Cheers
Chris

Chris_Seal
March 24th, 2012, 04:05
Hi All,

Thanks to extensive aid from Dakadin, I have found an ugly hack that works. I'm still not sure why or how though.

The issue stems somewhere from the ManagementScript_Desktop.lua script.

The hack I used is here, in case anyone else is having the same issue.

There are a couple of lines that add modifiers (lines 21 and 39 in the script). To fix the problem I cut and paste those lines into the ruleset ManagementScript_Desktop.lua script (found in the \ruleset\RolemasterClassic\scripts directory). I then opened the extension.xml file in the ExtendRMC.ext zip archive, and commented out the script line that called ManagementScript_Desktop.lua.

This probably will have unexpected effects should I run the ruleset without the extension but so far it seems to work alright.

Thanks everyone for their help.

Cheers
Chris

Dakadin
March 24th, 2012, 07:04
Chris provided me with a lot of information and I was able to track down where the issue was being caused. Basically, it was trying to load the desktop buttons twice on his system so I put a check in the on create method to see if the button already exists before adding it. This seems to have resolved the issue so I will include it in the next Extend RMC release.

Ardem
March 25th, 2012, 15:07
I had some real lag this week game. I am not sure why, had not changed anything on FRP, except to accomdate the new Extend RMC.

A few script errors player side and my side did a restart of the ruleset was still slow but workable then seem to be ok.

I don't think it is Extend I am just putting it out there if anyone else gets any issues.

Did have a new player from singapore but did not think a longer distant player would slow down everyone else.

lachancery
March 25th, 2012, 19:03
I had some real lag this week game. I am not sure why, had not changed anything on FRP, except to accomdate the new Extend RMC. I don't think it is Extend I am just putting it out there if anyone else gets any issues.
Hmm. Perhaps it's a coincidence, but our Friday game had lag as well. Much of the evening happened on a bigger than usual map, so I didn't think much of it.

I believe Dakadin had a game yesterday; I wonder if he saw more lag than usual too?

Dakadin
March 26th, 2012, 16:17
I didn't notice any change in lag during my game. The only person that mentioned any lag is the one on the computer that is borderline able to handle FG so he is always experiencing lag.

Ardem and Lachancery, you are using different versions of Extend RMC at least until I can finalize a couple things before I post another release.

Lachancery, I would guess that the larger image was likely the cause in your game since the max size for images is larger now so more data would need to be updated whenever the GM changes something about the map. I would guess it was the masking/unmasking might have had an impact. Plus Skype can be a bit bandwidth intensive from my experience.

Ardem, was the lag happening in any consistent way that you can put your finger on?

If you can send me the scripting errors I will try to track them down and fix them. I already have a couple on my list that I am working on. I am especially curious of the player scripting errors. The only one I know about it when a player is selecting their character and they double click the character more than once so it says something about the character has already been selected.

If we can track any errors or lag to Extend RMC, I keep copies of each version. It helped me to track down the cause of the error Chris was receiving since I could quickly see what changed and narrow down the cause. We could also do some testing between versions if it is necessary.

Dakadin
March 26th, 2012, 16:35
I just read Ardem's post in the Rm Aar thread about about the problems starting after sharing a map. I am curious if the additional lag is being caused because we can share much bigger images now. The max size without extensions in RMC is 700x700. I probably am not experiencing the same lag because I always shrink them down to about that size. A few of my players are using machines where the vertical resolution maxes out around there so I am just in the habit of making them smaller.

Let me know if it tends to happen when the images are larger.

Ardem
March 27th, 2012, 02:20
The image size was 2048x2048, the funny thing is I published another image combat prior to the issue which was 2048 x 2048 file and recieved no issues with lag with dice and text. A 2048 x 2048 image is just under a meg, it should tranfer amoungst 5 people very fast. I am not sure how the transfer happens but it is not what I would call taxing on any network application. But it took around 10 minutes before everyone recieved it and it seemed the member recieved it in turn not transfer all at once.

Transfers must be in serial and not in parallel. Can anyone confirm?

Once it is opened the image file open up fast where you would expect to see ram issue, it is client side like the wallpaper on your desktop and should result in 0 network traffic. The application does not lag as you can do other functions such as open up you character sheet or library module and it responds. The dice and chat lag continued until the host app was restarted. The network traffic very similar to the group bug.

I need to check if the new verison rmc extend has affected the group bug fix, cause that seems the same issue when that was in affect. You should incorporate it into your rmc version will find it in trenloe's ext which you have.

I did not note down the client side error because I was in an important part of the game, I knew I should of, but I just said ignore it and continue on which they did was not a critical error.

Dakadin
March 27th, 2012, 02:36
LOL. Don't worry about not getting the error. I can completely understand that. I've done it myself while caught up in my game. ;)

I've had much better luck when preloading images. I've actually got into the habit of doing it but occasionally I get impatient and just share it. I am not sure how the images are shared but I would guess that they are done in serial.

I will put it on my list to research the dice and chat code to see if I can see any issues with it. It just might take a bit to get to it.

No, I haven't put Trenloe's fix in yet. I want to really pick apart the skill code to see why the code is getting called the way it is. Then hopefully I can find a way to do it a bit differently so it isn't as resource intensive. In the meantime I will ask Trenloe if it is ok for me to include it. I am sure he will be fine with it but I want to give him the option to release it separately if that is what he wants to do. :)

lachancery
March 27th, 2012, 03:11
Lachancery, I would guess that the larger image was likely the cause in your game since the max size for images is larger now so more data would need to be updated whenever the GM changes something about the map. I would guess it was the masking/unmasking might have had an impact. Plus Skype can be a bit bandwidth intensive from my experience.
@ Dakadin:

That's exactly why I thought nothing of the lag.

@ Ardem:

In my early GMing days, I used maps in the 500K to 1.2M range (in size), and I would experience sluggishness. Our map on Friday also had a mask on; I don't recall the last time I had a big map like this with a mask. Whenever I updated the map, there was a few seconds of sluggishness.

I read a post a while ago in one of the "lower forums (can't remember if it was armory, workshop or house of healing) with suggestions for image sizes, number of images, quantity of simultaneous windows opened and number of tokens. I did a clean up on my FG setup using these recommendations (moved unused maps out to other modules, relocated tokens I didn't need, and compressed/shrunk my maps. It made a big difference.

Ardem
March 27th, 2012, 05:31
@Lachancery

The issue was not with the map (once it was loaded), the behaviour on the map and token behaved as per expected. We just had dice roll and chat text delayed.

Also the load time for the map was an issue 10 minutes for 5 meg when most of the people at less then 50 ping from you does not make a lot of sense.

Also character load time was also a problem with one of the players disconnected and reconnected, again does not make sense.

lachancery
March 27th, 2012, 06:02
The issue was not with the map (once it was loaded), the behaviour on the map and token behaved as per expected. We just had dice roll and chat text delayed.

Also the load time for the map was an issue 10 minutes for 5 meg when most of the people at less then 50 ping from you does not make a lot of sense.

Also character load time was also a problem with one of the players disconnected and reconnected, again does not make sense.
I can't explain it, I can only relate observations I've made over my 20ish games. I've had general FG "lag" (observed most visibly in chat & dice rolling) from what seems to be a mix of file management processing (presence of many unopened files in images & tokens directories) and large images loaded in memory.

This is just an anecdote, but last Friday, as soon as I'd unmask another section of the map, the dice & chat would get lagged while it's "processing it". If I changed the framing on the map, the same thing would occur.

I have seen similar lag before when just having many opened windows. It's worse when I have large images loaded. Since I've gotten into the habit of keeping only the images I needed, and resizing them small & JPG compressing, FG has been been performing better with more windows opened simultaneously (ie. no visible lag on my side or when rolling dice/chatting).

EDIT: For reference, I now try to keep my maps under 150K, and my NPC portraits under 100K. I've seen FG performance improvements doing that. I am using a i7 dual-core Win7 laptop with 4GB RAM.

JohnD
April 8th, 2012, 01:44
Hi again - where do I put this file to have it enabled in a RMC campaign?

Thanks.

Dakadin
April 8th, 2012, 01:53
Put it in the extensions folder of the FG Application Data folder. You can access it from the Start menu, Programs, Fantasy Grounds II, Application Data Folder. Then just put it in the extensions folder. When you create or start a campaign, just select it from the list of extensions.

I should have a new version up within the next few days that will have some of the things you saw last night.

JohnD
April 8th, 2012, 02:01
Sweet thanks!

Trenloe
April 8th, 2012, 17:18
@Lachancery

We've found another loop in the code - this time when the library window is open. Dakadin has put the code from the current 4E ruleset that stops this into his pre-release extension, and from our game last Friday it looks like it works.

I'll email you more info...

Dakadin
April 14th, 2012, 09:20
Sorry for the delay in getting out this version. Lachancery and I encountered an odd bug on Wednesday morning that I wanted to resolve before posting it. There are quite a few changes included in this update. I have a few more ideas that I want to implement but figured I should post a new version now.

Bug Fixes
* Fixed issue where non d100 rolls weren’t totaling with the Dice Totals preference turned on.
* Fix for high CPU utilization with the Library open.
* Fixed an issue where deleting a token or Combat Tracker entry that was being targeted by a player would generate an error when trying to target something else.

Notes
When notes are shared they can be accessed from the Notes icon without having to re-share the notes. GMs now have access to notes through an icon on the desktop.

Modifiers
Some modifiers will automatically be applied to attack and skill rolls. For attacks if the target is stunned in the combat tracker, a +20 OB modifier will automatically be added to the attacker’s OB.

For skills there are a few new modifiers that are automatically applied using Character Law Table 10-04 and Arms Law section 5.4. The current modifiers for % of Hits Taken now takes into account the exceptions for Hide, Disarm Traps, Pick Locks and Perception skills. Bleeding defaults to -10 per Hit/Rnd with some exceptions at -5 per Hit/Rnd. Must Parry is -25. Stun is -50 + SD bonus with a couple exceptions on Table 10-04. Stun No Parry is -75 + SD bonus which uses the same exceptions as Stun with an extra -25.

Images
Most of the 4E image functionality has been added. Images can be persistently shared so the players can open them after the GM closes the image. The players can access the images using the Image icon on the desktop. The GM can stop sharing them by clicking the S with a circle around it. A tool bar is now available for GMs at the top left of open images. The tool bar has the following options: Mask, Draw, Erase, and Grid Adjustments. There is a new preference under Grid Options for Distance per Grid Unit that will be used to calculate distances on the images. The preference defaults to 5 and can be changed from 1 to 10 by clicking the value.

Combat Tracker
A few changes were made to the Combat Tracker (CT). I added some new fields (Act %, PP Max, PP Cur, MM, Move, Ex Max, and Ex Cur). The top line is now the following fields: Init, Act %, PP Max, PP Cur, Hits, and Damage. An extra line was added to the Active (Combat) panel with the following fields: AT, Mis Pen, DB, MM, Move, Ex Max, and Ex Cur.

Act % is used to keep track of the activity used by a combatant mainly from round to round. You only need to fill it in if the activity would be finished in subsequent round. You just enter the amount of activity used above 100% and it will automatically reduce the Act % by 100 to a minimum of 0 when the combatants turn ends. For example, if someone fires a long bow (50% activity) and reloads it (80% activity) then 130 would be entered in the Act %. When his turn ends it will be reduced to 30 so on their next turn you will know that they have already used 30% of their activity. For spells that require more than 1 round to cast, I use an activity % of 175 for a 2 round spell and 275 for a 3 round spell and I allow them the usual 10% activity during their preparation rounds. It has been a big help for me to keep track of what is happening from round to round.

PP Max and PP Cur are linked to the Power Points on the character sheet. MM is linked to the character sheet armor penalty. Move is linked to the character sheet Move Total. Ex Max and Ex Cur are linked to Exhaustion on the character sheet.

Init, MM and Move all have shadow dice that you can drag or double click. The Init roll will roll 2d10 + Qu bonus and automatically fill in the Init field. MM will roll a generic MM using the Ag bonus and Armor Penalty as modifiers. Move will roll a MM for Movement that uses Ag/Qu bonus and Armor Penalty as modifiers.

The Active (Combat) panel has been changed around. Defenses are the first list. Defenses should always include Parry when adding combatants to the CT even if they have a shield. Existing combatants can manually add the Parry defense. A Parry defense will hide the Missile field and when the Melee field is filled in it will reduce all the Att OB fields of the Attacks by the amount of the Parry. The Att OB fields can be adjusted after the Parry amount has been changed. Att OB will turn red if it is negative. Parry will be added in with the other defenses if attacked by the target being parried.

You can now cycle through the combatant Friend/Neutral/Hostile options by clicking or using the mouse wheel with the preference key pressed.

Buttons have been added to the top of the CT window that will affect all combatant entries. There are buttons to change the following: combatant visibility, visibility of the Active (Combat) panel, visibility of the Effects panel, and visibility of the Notes panel.

A menu button has been added to the bottom of the CT window. The menu button will open a radial menu with the following options: clear all initiatives, roll all initiatives, roll NPC initiatives, roll PC initiatives, and delete all NPCs (with confirmation). All initiatives from the radial menu will be determined randomly without rolling dice including those for the PCs. Note: GM rolled initiatives for PCs won’t roll dice but will calculate the PC’s initiative.

When PCs login they will now update the combat tracker ownership for the PC. The GM will need to close the combat tracker and re-share it get an updated version but the PC should then have full access to their character in the combat tracker.

Effects durations now change at the end of the combatants turn instead of the end of the round. Effects now check if there is a penalty before removing the effect.

Character Sheet
A few changes have been made to the character sheet.

Added MM Pen field to the Combat tab to keep track of the current move maneuver penalty from armor. This field has shadow dice that you can drag or double click. Rolling the MM Pen field behaves like the CT MM field. It will roll a generic MM using the Ag bonus and Armor Penalty as modifiers. NOTE: The AT will need to be re-entered to update this field for existing characters.

Added shadow dice to the Move Total field on the Inventory tab. This field behaves like the CT Move field. It will roll a MM for Movement that uses Ag/Qu bonus and Armor Penalty as modifiers.

The AD (Adrenal Defense) field in the DB section of the Combat tab has been modified. There is now a GM preference Auto Calculate AD in the Character Sheet Options section. When this preference is set to yes the AD DB field becomes read only and it is automatically calculated. If the AT is 1 it will fill in the value from the Adrenal Defense skill bonus. If the AT isn’t 1 then it sets the field to 0 which will blank out the field.

Close Buttons
Close buttons have been added to all windows.

Library
Library pages can now be shared using the radial menu.

Ring Bell
The Ring Bell feature of the Combat Tracker has been changed so that it will only ring for the player whose turn it is. The GM has a new preference Ring Bell on Player’s Turn in the Combat Tracker Options section.

Preferences
I rearranged the grouping of the preferences to make things easier to find since I added a few more preferences. Be sure to check the Combat Tracker Visibility Preferences since I made a few changes to them and they show up as No in existing campaigns so your players won’t see some of the new fields.

Hopefully I explained them well enough but if not please let me know and I will try to clarify them. And sorry for the book you have to read to get through this one. ;)

Dakadin
April 14th, 2012, 09:23
Hi Ardem,

Just to save you some trouble, I thought I would pinpoint where you would have to make changes for the RMFRP stat bonuses since they are different than RMC. In the ManagementScript_Utilities.lua from lines 433-447 is the function addMMSkillRollMod that contains the stat bonuses for the Generic and Movement MMs. Please let me know if you need more information.

JohnD
April 15th, 2012, 00:37
An amazing list of updates in functionality. If there ever was a rule set that needed automation, RM is it.

Ardem
April 15th, 2012, 03:41
Making the changes however just to be clear.

RMC Reference.xml and your reference.xml are the same.

I do not think there is any changes to be made in ManagementScript_Utilities.lua as it is getting the data direct from the fields.

FRP MM works off maximum movement penalty and skill bonus, so it is the same as RMC, the agility bonus x3 only comes in if there is no skill to associated so I can disable that if needed, which would be the majority of the time.

Dakadin
April 15th, 2012, 04:06
I thought RMFRP added the skill bonuses. The Agility bonus for the generic MM is in RMC is just using straight Agility. Should it be Agility x3 for RMFRP? And the Move MM is using (Agility + Quickness) / 2. Shouldn't RMFRP use Agility + Quickness? Both of these MM rolls are unskilled rolls. If you need to make the changes they are where I specified above. I am a bit rusty on my RMFRP so I could be wrong. If so just ignore this. ;)

Ardem
April 15th, 2012, 04:20
I thought RMFRP added the skill bonuses. The Agility bonus for the generic MM is in RMC is just using straight Agility. Should it be Agility x3 for RMFRP? And the Move MM is using (Agility + Quickness) / 2. Shouldn't RMFRP use Agility + Quickness? Both of these MM rolls are unskilled rolls. If you need to make the changes they are where I specified above. I am a bit rusty on my RMFRP so I could be wrong. If so just ignore this.

----------

Added the skill bonuses if you launch it from the skill section. but at the moment does not add the armour penalty bonus, something I need to look at.
EG roll swimming from the skill window and it adds the skill bonus but does not add the MM penalty (actually neither does yours currently just tested)
Agility bonus x3 is only used if the player does not have a skill in that area which is very rare to see.

Also note combat window for the player view the positioning is screwed. I got a game tonight if you can quickly modify it would be great, if not I can modify it until you get a chance. Check in RMC Extended only same case.
Issue with headings and fields over lapping.

Dakadin
April 15th, 2012, 05:36
Sorry about that I will fix it right now. I was making last minute changes and didn't think it would impact the player's view.

Dakadin
April 15th, 2012, 05:54
The new version has been posted on the first page. Let me know if you see anything else.

Ardem
April 15th, 2012, 08:14
Thanks mate it looks right now, very impressed with your extra features.

Ardem
April 15th, 2012, 15:31
Run into errors tonight game, and some lag issues as well. Mainly around the use of combat tracker. 5 users 6 NPC enemies.

Error from Combat Tracker
"You have run out of memory" then crashed to desktop. Task manager there was plenty of available memory.

Message on MM would not working could not find a database field, but on the third attempt crash to desktop the program.

Since FRP does not have any combat tracker changes these errors will be due to RMC or RMC Extend.

Happy at some point to work with you and test it using the same chars and bit and piece to replicate.

Trenloe
April 15th, 2012, 16:16
"You have run out of memory" then crashed to desktop. Task manager there was plenty of available memory.
FYI - Fantasy Grounds is a 32-bit app with the IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE cleared. Therefore, it is limited to use 2GB of RAM no matter how much memory the operating system has free (even 64-bit Windows). So, you'll find that the "You have run out of memory" relating to FG will occur as the total memory usage for FG approaches 2GB. I've seen it crash straight to desktop without any error messages when the memory usage got above 1.8GB.

Don't know if this helps, but it might be worth just keeping an eye on the total memory usage of FG as you are playing - see if the memory use is steadily increasing when you're not doing much (might point to a memory leak) or see if opening a specific module/library window causes a big jump in memory.

JPG has said that the FG V2.9 executable will have the IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE flag set which will give 64-bit Windows users 4GB memory limit for the app. 32-bit windows users can turn on 4-gigabyte tuning to get 3GB of memory. Details here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

There is an app available on the net that claims to set this flag on an executable, I mention it in this post:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=121751&postcount=33

Dakadin
April 15th, 2012, 18:36
I get the crashes for memory issues when I run an extended combat. I've been able to verify what Trenloe says about it crashing when FG gets above 1.8 GB of committed memory. I think I've tracked a memory leak when resolving entries in the stack on the table resolver. Open up task manager so you can watch FG's memory usage and resolve some entries in the stack. If it is a repeat of the last entry it only increases a small amount but if it is a increases a larger amount when the entries are different. I haven't seen this memory released. I still have to see if there is anything I can do in the ruleset to resolve it.

What error did you get for the MM and which MM where you trying to roll? If I can get this information, I can track it down and fix it.

For the MM skills not adding in armor penalties do you have the armor factor filled in for the skill? The armor factor is a multiplier for the base armor penalty so most of the time you just enter 1 but in RMC for swimming you would enter 3 to get 3 x the armor penalty.

lachancery
April 16th, 2012, 00:53
I haven't run into any FG crash since November-ish. It's about when I started optimizing the compression & size of my images. Been hosting an average of one RMC game every 10 days since. I don't know if the two are related.

I will run & save resource monitor (Win7 64bits) during my next game to track memory and CPU.

lachancery
April 16th, 2012, 00:57
Oh, one thing I did encounter last Friday that I had not seen before was cache related errors. I can't think what I might have done different. I had not "unshared" images pushed to clients though; there might have been a dozen or so still shared using Dakadin's implementation of 4E's persistent sharing... It's easy enough to fix: players delete their cache, but I'll try to figure out better repro steps.

Trenloe
April 16th, 2012, 02:11
Oh, one thing I did encounter last Friday that I had not seen before was cache related errors. I can't think what I might have done different. I had not "unshared" images pushed to clients though; there might have been a dozen or so still shared using Dakadin's implementation of 4E's persistent sharing... It's easy enough to fix: players delete their cache, but I'll try to figure out better repro steps.
Had you updated the module where the images are held from when it was previously downloaded to the players cache? I'm thinking it might be something related to changing a module already cached on the player side?

Dakadin
April 16th, 2012, 04:00
Hey, I just finished running my game and I noticed that masked images are a big problem. My memory foot print for FG went from 1.4 GB to 1.8 GB really quickly and FG died shortly afterwards. Please let me know if you were using a masked image when it happened so I can try to keep track of what the issues are even if I can't fix them because they are FG related and not RMC ruleset related.

Ardem
April 16th, 2012, 07:30
Yes I was using masks when it was having issues hmmm.

When I killed the mask the guys game seemed to flow a lot better, but did not put two and two together, as I thought it was just a reboot of the game that fixed the issues.

I do also think ping is an issue, I have got one guy in singapore, lag seems to affect everyone when he connects not just him, so I am thinking that maybe the dice rolls is waiting for everyone to see it at once, before it displays.

Dakadin
April 16th, 2012, 17:14
Were you using the standard rectangular or the free hand mask? The free hand mask is what killed it for me. I actually had the same issues in the 4E ruleset but I forgot about them until after it killed my game last night.

Ardem
April 16th, 2012, 18:54
I made a mask and then cut using freehand and square. So the answer would be both.

lachancery
April 16th, 2012, 22:09
Hey, I just finished running my game and I noticed that masked images are a big problem. My memory foot print for FG went from 1.4 GB to 1.8 GB really quickly and FG died shortly afterwards. Please let me know if you were using a masked image when it happened so I can try to keep track of what the issues are even if I can't fix them because they are FG related and not RMC ruleset related.
I was using a big map (the forest + the manor) with a mask during the session in which we were having lag issues.

We did not have any lag the last two games, but the maps (manor interior) were smaller, even if we had two floors + mask going at the same time.

For reference, here are the specs of the three maps I am talking about:

Big (forest + manor): JPG, 3600x2400, 644KB

Small 1 (manor ground floor): JPG, 1500x1300, 269KB
Small 2 (manor second floor): JPG, 981x814, 135KB

Dakadin
April 27th, 2012, 07:59
Here is information on the new version of Extend RMC (v1.2.14).

Encounters
You can now setup encounters the way you can in the 4E ruleset. It allows you to add NPCs to the encounter for quick addition to maps and the combat tracker. The Level and Experience fields are just for your information if you want to track the it. Drag NPCs to the main area of the Encounter window and it will create an entry for that NPC. Then you can specify how many of them are in the encounter. A separate token will appear for each NPC that needs to be placed on the map. You then drag the token on to the map of your choice where you would like it to appear. After dragging a token a check mark graphic will replace the token to show that it has been placed. You can click the check mark to remove the token from the map. After placing all the tokens for an encounter close the encounter until you need it for your game. All the tokens will disappear from the map. When you are ready to use the encounter in your game open the encounter and click the icon in the bottom left corner that looks like the next combatant icon on the combat tracker. This will add all the NPCs that you placed the tokens for on the map and add them to the combat tracker.

Image Resizing Options
I added an extra radial menu option (Resize) to images which will open another radial menu allowing the resizing of the image. There are 3 options in this radial menu:
* Set to Original Size (of the image)
* Adjust Vertical Size to Horizontal Size (Keeps proportions based on the original image size)
* Adjust Horizontal Size to Vertical Size (Keeps proportions based on the original image size)

Please let me know if you can think of any additional resizing options you would like added.

New Preferences
I added a set of new GM preferences:
* Change PP Current label to use PP Used instead on Character Sheet and Combat Tracker. It just shows a different label so you can use the field to track the PP used by the PC.
* Fill in First Glance NPC field with NPC Name field when adding to Combat Tracker.
* Auto numbering of NPCs when added to Combat Tracker with the following option: Off, Append (Counts up from 1), and Random (1 –99). This will change both the First Glance and Name fields. It should make it easier to tell NPCs apart without a lot of work by the GM.
* Auto roll NPC Initiatives when adding to the Combat Tracker. This is just to speed things up for the GM.

JohnD
May 1st, 2012, 16:17
Hi Dakadin - thank you (and anyone else working on this) for your efforts. This extension is something extremely valuable to the ruleset in FG.

Not sure if this is applicable for inclusion, but would it be possible to add in an NPC Table like on pg 157 of Character Law... GMs could then employ a standard drag/drop/modify to save a lot of time adding non-monster types into their adventures.

Dakadin
May 2nd, 2012, 02:02
Good idea JohnD. I will add it to my list. :)

Dakadin
May 2nd, 2012, 17:39
I took a quick look at the NPC Table and noticed there are a few different fields that are variable, like armor type. Does anyone have any preferences for how they would like to see these handled?

JohnD
May 2nd, 2012, 18:12
I can send you information based on the equivalent table from RMSS which actually lists ATs and DBs.

Dakadin
May 3rd, 2012, 04:51
Ha! I should have thought to look in my copy of RMSS. :o I just looked and yes that would work much better because it has more specific information. Thanks. :)

JohnD
May 15th, 2012, 18:32
Not sure if this is something that anyone would want (or is it even possible), but putting it out for discussion.

Would it be a good idea to remove the "ghost" extra rolls on any d100 which comes up open-end up/down if the Tower is used? My thought is from a GM's perspective, you are asking the player(s) to use the Tower for a reason - seeing the automatic 2nd roll sort of defeats that purpose - everyone knows the result is really good or really bad. Just showing the shadowed inital dice roll treats everything as a mystery - only the GM really knows just how well (or poorly) you performed.

Open rolls (i.e. Tower not used) could continue to be automatically rolled up/down.

Just a thought.

Dakadin
May 16th, 2012, 16:25
That should be possible by catching the high open ended rolls and just do a random number instead of rolling the dice again. It could be setup as a preference. I will add it to the list but it will be a low priority.

It did get me thinking that it would be easy to mess with your players when they make tower rolls by just rolling some dice when you see their roll happening. :p

GMBazUK
May 19th, 2012, 10:47
I have updated to the latest iteration of FG 2.9.

By way of an update (mouseover token text not appearing), you were of course correct Dakadin, I had not dragged the tokens from the combat tracker. :o

As is my way on a Saturday morning I love running a quick off-line encounter, just to enjoy the functionality of my favourite rule-set (not forgetting the excellent ExtendRMC), but aside from the Trolls lurking in the undergrowth there was another surprise awaiting my PC!

Script Error: [string "scripts/extend_rmc.lua"]:41: attempt to index a nil value

I had set up an encounter as before (not forgetting to drag my tokens from the combat tracker) and connected locally a single session, and upon attempting to resolve the player side roll in the GM side table resolver... that's what I got.

Long bow or dagger, I'm afraid we were all caught a little flat footed.

With gratitude Baz.

Dakadin
May 19th, 2012, 17:32
Sorry about that. The updates this week for v2.9 caused a couple issues with Extend RMC. I've fixed a few of them but I have a couple more that I need to get resolved also.
I have to check if the fixes will be compatible with v2.8.1 also. I will try to have an update available this week to fix the issues. Thanks for the feedback.

Dakadin
May 24th, 2012, 17:50
Sorry for the delay in getting this out. I've been doing a lot of testing with FG v2.9.

Extend RMC v1.2.15 should work in both FG v2.8.1 and FG v2.9. There isn't much new but there are a few bug fixes.

Encounters can now be exported into a module using the /export command. The encounter will save the map link appropriately so you can use it right after the export without having to make any changes to the module. Unfortunately you will have to recreate any existing encounters, otherwise you might receive errors because the structure of the encounters had to change a bit.

There is now a radial menu option for creating new Herbs and Transportation on the character sheet.

Fixed the following issues:
* Spell Lists - Type field wasn't saving properly
* Combat Tracker - Init, MM and Move rolls needed adjusting to make compatible with FG v2.9.
* Errors when deleting tokens or combatants that were targetted.

Please let me know if you have any issues or questions.

GMBazUK
May 25th, 2012, 09:28
Love it, love it love it Dakadin!
Encounter export... check
Herbs and Transportation on the character sheet... check. I could go on but those are my favourites.

Not so much issues, as my own confusion...

Having not exported a "drawing" (created in FG) for a while, is it normal for the drawing to appear listed, but blank in the module? It sort of makes sense to me that it might.:confused:

Also, what do you mean by "The encounter will save the map link appropriately so you can use it right after the export without having to make any changes to the module"? Having created an encounter, it exported as I expected, when viewed in the encounter pane, with the relevant tokens, but as I have just stated the drawing which it was associated with (having placed the tokens on the drawing prior to export, as well as a pin link to an image which was included in the export) was completely blank.

Thanks in advance Baz.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2012, 10:57
Having not exported a "drawing" (created in FG) for a while, is it normal for the drawing to appear listed, but blank in the module? It sort of makes sense to me that it might.:confused:
I don't think that the export function exports drawings - these are stored in a separate location to images (the drawings folder in the campaign rather than the images folder). So, I believe they work more like masking images - you need to do them in the campaign you intend to use them in, unfortunately.

GMBazUK
May 25th, 2012, 11:13
Ah ha! :)
Many thanks Trenloe.
Baz.

Dakadin
May 25th, 2012, 15:35
Also, what do you mean by "The encounter will save the map link appropriately so you can use it right after the export without having to make any changes to the module"? Having created an encounter, it exported as I expected, when viewed in the encounter pane, with the relevant tokens, but as I have just stated the drawing which it was associated with (having placed the tokens on the drawing prior to export, as well as a pin link to an image which was included in the export) was completely blank.

Sorry, I was referring to an issue with exporting encounters in FGv2.8.1 where it wouldn't associate the image/map link with the exported module. It would only display the image name. This would require the GM to redo the encounter or manually modify the modules to change the image links to use the appropriate reference. The issue and workaround are discussed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15799. But it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Unfortunately like Trenloe said drawings and masks don't get exported.

Please let me know if you find anything else.

GMBazUK
May 25th, 2012, 23:00
Thanks Dakadin for the clarification.
I have another quandary which you might be able to shed some light on.
I'm thinking of reskinning the Rolemaster ruleset, to fit more directly with a campaign setting, but it has occurred to me, that the "encounters button" resides in the Extend RMC extension, along with definitions to reposition the other buttons (presumably). If I write an extension to adjust the ruleset graphics, and include definitions and references for my buttons, and run that in addition to your extension... Is this a good idea, or is it going to present conflicts? Is it going to even be able to influence the definitions in your extension? The short answer would be to try it out, I guess, but I'm interested in alternative solutions if anyone has any?
Baz.

Dakadin
May 25th, 2012, 23:03
It should work fine. I actually am doing the same thing for my Shadow World campaign. Please let me know if you do have any issues and I will try to help you resolve them.

GMBazUK
May 26th, 2012, 05:51
Magnanimous as ever. Thanks Dakadin.
Baz.

bennis1980
May 26th, 2012, 12:18
• Support for Base Spell Attack Table (Needs module)
• Support for RR Table (Needs module)

Dakadin,

Firstly, I want to thank you and lachancery for allowing me to see FG and the RMC ruleset in action last night. Very entertaining and I hope I played the character true.

I wanted to simulate some of the spell casting this morning, but I noticed that the tables come up blank. Is there a module I need for this, if so where can I get it

Thanks again,

bennis1980

EDIT: Found the instructions to do this in this and followed them carefully - It's great thanks

lachancery
May 26th, 2012, 13:27
I'm thinking of reskinning the Rolemaster ruleset, to fit more directly with a campaign setting, but it has occurred to me, that the "encounters button" resides in the Extend RMC extension, along with definitions to reposition the other buttons (presumably).
Baz.
You might want to take a look at the nice skin Ardem has made (based on the FRP layout). It probably modifies much of what you will want to skin, and it includes a new icon for encounters.

https://https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16218

GMBazUK
May 28th, 2012, 16:09
A little late in replying...
Lachancery, many thanks for the suggestion. I did take a look at Ardem's excellent skin. Fortunately unlike my xml-fu, my graphics-fu is stronger.
I have completed the first stages of my reskinning and compiled an extension, which beautifully over-writes the encounters (battle.png) in Dakadins Extend RMC. I dont know how it does it, but it works and that to me is beautiful.:D

Baz

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2012, 16:44
A little late in replying...
Lachancery, many thanks for the suggestion. I did take a look at Ardem's excellent skin. Fortunately unlike my xml-fu, my graphics-fu is stronger.
I have completed the first stages of my reskinning and compiled an extension, which beautifully over-writes the encounters (battle.png) in Dakadins Extend RMC. I dont know how it does it, but it works and that to me is beautiful.:D

BazI'm not sure what this all means.. but if you do manage to get together a working skin.. please post some screenshots for us to see (and possibly an extension)...

GMBazUK
June 1st, 2012, 08:31
Ha ha! You're right Blackfoot, typed during one of my crazier moments.
I'm still in the process of creating the skin, which I will gladly share, but one or two of the graphics have temporarily been substituted by images that are not my own so as soon as this is rectified I will post some shots for anyone that's interested, and a download link.
Baz.

sadomal
July 18th, 2012, 04:37
Hey great work Dakadin! Thank you for making all our lives easier.

I have just extracted the Extend RMC into FG2 and I was wondering if there was anywhere that had a list of commands. For example importing and exporting characters.

I think Dakadin's work should be stickied and have a few responses reserved for updates and info. His hard work should be seen easily :D

bennis1980
July 18th, 2012, 06:29
Hey great work Dakadin! Thank you for making all our lives easier.

I have just extracted the Extend RMC into FG2 and I was wondering if there was anywhere that had a list of commands. For example importing and exporting characters.

I think Dakadin's work should be stickied and have a few responses reserved for updates and info. His hard work should be seen easily :D

+1

They should build a statue in his honour in every fantasy world.

Try /importchar and /exportchar [charname]

There was a full list somewhere (but i forget where)

bennis1980
July 18th, 2012, 07:08

I found it:

Here are those for the D&D 4th edition ruleset:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/ref_chat_commands.xcp

The only one in that list that I don't think is currently supported by the RMC ruleset is the character to character whisper (/w [character] [message]).

sadomal
July 18th, 2012, 07:17
Thank you!

bennis1980
July 18th, 2012, 07:20
You're welcome. I've been there, but it gets easier. :)

Dakadin
July 18th, 2012, 15:11
LOL. Thanks! :D

As always, let me know if you have any ideas for how to make this ruleset better. There is a pretty long list of ideas but more than half of the items on the list have been completed.

bennis1980
July 18th, 2012, 15:29
What would think about making a list like moon_wizard's idea informer so people can vote on them and help you prioritise. Also means you are not hearing the same requests multiple times? I would suggest some things but I'm unsure what has / has not been suggested to you already.

Just an idea...

Dakadin
July 18th, 2012, 18:02
I just set it up. You can get to it here: https://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/proj/

sadomal
July 19th, 2012, 01:33
I have updated to the latest iteration of FG 2.9.

By way of an update (mouseover token text not appearing), you were of course correct Dakadin, I had not dragged the tokens from the combat tracker. :o

As is my way on a Saturday morning I love running a quick off-line encounter, just to enjoy the functionality of my favourite rule-set (not forgetting the excellent ExtendRMC), but aside from the Trolls lurking in the undergrowth there was another surprise awaiting my PC!

Script Error: [string "scripts/extend_rmc.lua"]:41: attempt to index a nil value

I had set up an encounter as before (not forgetting to drag my tokens from the combat tracker) and connected locally a single session, and upon attempting to resolve the player side roll in the GM side table resolver... that's what I got.

Long bow or dagger, I'm afraid we were all caught a little flat footed.

With gratitude Baz.

I have updated FG2 and have the latest version of Extend RMC. I receive the script error whenever I try to resolve anything in the combat tracker. Was there something else I was suppose to do but missed a step?

Thank you for your help and patience

Dakadin
July 19th, 2012, 01:38
Can you post the script error and a brief description of what you were doing? I should be able to track it down with that.

sadomal
July 19th, 2012, 03:53
Can you post the script error and a brief description of what you were doing? I should be able to track it down with that.

Script Error: [string "scripts/extend_rmc.lua"]:56:attempt to index a nil value

I have a campaign opened to test with just a character and an ogre. In the combat tracker when I am able to roll the dice but as soon as I try to resolve the result I get this message.

I hope that helps,

Thanks

Dakadin
July 19th, 2012, 04:02
Thanks. I have it fixed in my latest version but haven't released it yet. To help you get it going now, I am guessing the Ogre is attacking the character when you get the error. Does the character have a level filled in? If not just enter in a level and it should resolve it. Please let me know if that doesn't resolve it.

sadomal
July 19th, 2012, 04:25
I feel a little dumb. That did it! Thank you so much!

By the way, your response time is better then people that get paid to watch forums!

Dakadin
July 19th, 2012, 04:36
LOL. I am working at my computer right now and I get emails when you post. ;)

I am glad to hear it is working. Please let me know if you encounter any other issues.

Willot
July 22nd, 2012, 01:29
If I make a campaign with the extension half the FG system buttons stop working?
IE if I click on characters...Nothing..

If I recreate a rolemaster campaign without the extension, no problem?
Am I doing something wrong?

Dakadin
July 22nd, 2012, 07:11
Hi Willot,

Are you using any other extensions? When you load up a campaign with the extension what version is Extend RMC?

Willot
July 22nd, 2012, 08:59
The only extension I load for rolemaster is the extend rmc. It is version 1.2.

Now you mention it I do use an extension to re-skin Pathfinder rule set. But it doesnt change the system button at all, and of course it isnt an option for selection using the rolemaster ruleset

After moving the mouse around a bit. It seems some of the buttons on the right column do come up if the pointer is on the hard right of the button. (ones in the left still dont register) so it seems more like the "clickable" area isnt lined up with the button image?..

Dakadin
July 22nd, 2012, 18:23
The Pathfinder extension shouldn't have any effect.

Can you give me the final number after the 1.2? It doesn't show it when you hover over it in when loading or creating a campaign. You have to start up the campaign. Then it should display a message like this "Extend RMC v1.2.15" for the latest version.

I will try to see if I can duplicate it and get it resolved for you.

Willot
July 22nd, 2012, 23:25
when I hover over it it just says 1.2

Dakadin
July 22nd, 2012, 23:31
Yeah it will do that. Sorry I should have been more clear.

Load a campaign with the extension and in the chat there should be a message saying the version of Extend RMC.

Willot
July 22nd, 2012, 23:52
Yep it says 1.2.15
https://plus.google.com/photos/115705212080972195563/albums/5584189545591385089?authkey=CKCbj_vm_4jeIw

here

lachancery
July 23rd, 2012, 01:47
Yep it says 1.2.15
https://plus.google.com/photos/115705212080972195563/albums/5584189545591385089?authkey=CKCbj_vm_4jeIw
Hmmm, these are not the icons of the Rolemaster Classic ruleset. There's something not right about your setup. It could be a running extension, the wrong ruleset, etc. Can you grab a shot of the whole screen just after the campaign is loaded up?

Dakadin
July 23rd, 2012, 02:26
It looks like the MERP Skin. Can you try it without the skin extension?

Willot
July 23rd, 2012, 10:27
tried it with and without. Same result .I have another computer I may try installing a vanilla FGII on that one and seeing if I get the same result

Dakadin
July 24th, 2012, 20:47
I can't seem to replicate it.

Were you able to try it on a different PC?

Are you running FG in full screen or windowed mode? Can you try it in the other mode?

Willot
July 24th, 2012, 23:06
I can't seem to replicate it.

Were you able to try it on a different PC?

Are you running FG in full screen or windowed mode? Can you try it in the other mode?
havnt had a chance ill try to get it installed tonight and see.

Dakadin
July 25th, 2012, 04:24
Thanks. What operating system are you using for the one with the issue?

I might be able to install it on a machine with the same operating system.

GMBazUK
July 25th, 2012, 06:04
I'm not sure whether this sheds any light, but Insanity reported a similar "non functioning button" experience with CoC which he attributed to my Extend CoC mod. I myself have never encountered any such issues with either skins or extensions...he said, fingers crossed.:o
I'm not that computer savvy, but my feeling is that things can get a little flaky when you have multiple extensions running, that's why I packaged my Extend CoC extension and my Gaslight skin together.
Baz.

Ardem
July 25th, 2012, 08:30
Run it in Safe mode (the OS that is) this will cancel out any Operating System Graphic enhances just in case that is causing it.

Also make sure you have updated to the latest version of FGII. This might require you to hit the update button on older versions.

Willot
July 25th, 2012, 11:12
Thanks. What operating system are you using for the one with the issue?

I might be able to install it on a machine with the same operating system.

Win XP Trying a fresh install now let you know

Willot
July 25th, 2012, 11:34
Okies Completely uninstalled FGII and reinstalled a fresh copy.Reinstalled Rolemaster ruleset then put the RMC Extend Extension in the extensions.. Same result.. So Im flumoxed. Ill have to try a different computer next when I get a chance. Worse comes to worse it works on without the extend

Willot
July 25th, 2012, 12:29
Run it in Safe mode (the OS that is) this will cancel out any Operating System Graphic enhances just in case that is causing it.

Also make sure you have updated to the latest version of FGII. This might require you to hit the update button on older versions.
FGII wouldn't run under safe Mode (couldn't use direct X) Yep it is the latest version.

Dakadin
July 25th, 2012, 22:58
I was able replicate it with a different machine. I will try to track down the cause.

Willot
July 25th, 2012, 23:57
I was able replicate it with a different machine. I will try to track down the cause.
Cool stuff!

Ardem
July 26th, 2012, 06:39
Willot I be interested to know if this is also a problem using the FRP extension as well. If you have time I would love you to try it just to make sure there is nothing wrong with that.

Willot
July 26th, 2012, 11:11
Willot I be interested to know if this is also a problem using the FRP extension as well. If you have time I would love you to try it just to make sure there is nothing wrong with that.

FRP extension? whats that

Trenloe
July 26th, 2012, 11:34
FRP extension? whats that
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15963

Willot
July 26th, 2012, 13:24

Okies Just tried it. It works fine :)

Dakadin
July 26th, 2012, 16:34
Thanks for the information Willot. I was able to track down the issue and resolve it. It taught me something new about FG also. :)

Version 1.2.16 of Extend RMC can be downloaded from the first post in this thread. It does rearrange some of the desktop buttons. Please try it out and let me know if it resolves the issue for you.

GMBazUK, send me your latest copy of Extend CoC and I will help you resolve the issue.

Willot
July 26th, 2012, 23:30
Thanks for the information Willot. I was able to track down the issue and resolve it. It taught me something new about FG also. :)

Version 1.2.16 of Extend RMC can be downloaded from the first post in this thread. It does rearrange some of the desktop buttons. Please try it out and let me know if it resolves the issue for you.

GMBazUK, send me your latest copy of Extend CoC and I will help you resolve the issue.

Yep thats works! :) GOod Job!

Ardem
July 27th, 2012, 04:13
Thanks Willot for the test.

Dakadin can you explain the issue just incase I mistaken replicate it.

Dakadin
July 27th, 2012, 07:53
Thanks Willot for the test.

Dakadin can you explain the issue just incase I mistaken replicate it.

Normally when making a change for an extension, you take the code you want from the ruleset, modify it and include it in your extension. It then gets loaded after the ruleset so it replaces the functionality.

In this case I needed to add a couple more desktop buttons so I used that same approach. The problem is the registerStackShortcut and registerDockShortcut functions are adding the buttons to the FG desktop. I copied the ManagementScript_Desktop.lua file to my extension and added my additional desktop buttons. This was causing FG to execute the button additions twice. There is a built in delay to wait until the window is ready to add the button so I think on some machines it would would get the 2 requests for the same button before the button was done waiting so it would only add it once. This is how it happens for the majority of the systems. For some systems, the 2nd instance of the button doesn't happen until after the wait is done and the 1st instance has already been added. So it would cause 2 of each button to show up. I put in code to check if it was already added and skip adding it but that was causing the issue that Willot encountered.

I had a pretty good idea where it was being caused but I couldn't be sure until I could replicate the issue. Once I figure out the cause I moved the button registration for my new buttons to the extension onInit function and removed the ManagementScript_Desktop.lua file from the extension. Here is the code I added to the onInit function for the extension:

function onInit()
--Send extension startup text
RMCConstants.CopyrightText[#RMCConstants.CopyrightText+1]="Extend RMC v1.2.16";

if User.isHost() then
DesktopManager.registerStackShortcut("button_modifiers", "button_modifiers_down", "Modifiers", "modifierlist");
DesktopManager.registerDockShortcut("button_battle", "button_battle_down", "Encounters", "battlelist", "battle");
DesktopManager.registerDockShortcut("button_notes", "button_notes_down", "Notes", "notelist", "notes");
else
DesktopManager.registerStackShortcut("button_modifiers", "button_modifiers_down", "Modifiers", "modifierlist");
DesktopManager.registerDockShortcut("button_maps", "button_maps_down", "Maps & Images", "imagelist", "image");
end
end

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Ardem
July 28th, 2012, 07:49
Makes sense the reason I ask is my Random window relies on an extra button plus an additional window on the desktop.

Thanks for explaining, I will need to also make changes.