PDA

View Full Version : Skype vs. Fantasy Grounds

Casimir
December 17th, 2011, 22:35
I realize this might not necessarily be a FG II issue, but I need some ideas on what the problem could be.

I had to completely re-install Windows 7 about a month ago. Prior to that, Fantasy Grounds II ran fine on my system for my weekly games, along with Skype, which we use for voice. There were no issues at all, no bandwidth or other problems.

However, now - after the re-image - every time I try to run Skype while Fantasy Grounds II is also running, Skype locks up and / or crashes. Every single time. I've tried to fix it by unchecking the Port 80 option in Skype, but that does nothing.

I don't know what the issue is, and I've not been able to figure it out. I can use Skype on my laptop while I play the game on my main system in the meantime, but that's less than ideal. So if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks...

xaotik1
December 22nd, 2011, 20:16
It's a Skype issue. You may find it works fine if you go into the appdata/roaming/skype folder and delete the shared.xml file. Skype will automatically replace it with a fresh version and it solved that exact same issue on my comp.

Casimir
December 23rd, 2011, 06:28
Wow... something that simple...

It seems to have worked. I'll know for sure at my next game when I use the voice, but really - thanks a lot!!