PDA

View Full Version : Bug with ATK: +die effect ?

adminwheel3
December 17th, 2011, 18:49
Just came across this when creating an effect for the following ability:

Adept's Insight
With a mental focus, you enhance the undeniability of your actions.
Encounter Psionic
Free Action Close burst 5
Trigger: You or an ally in the burst makes an attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
Effect: You add 1 to the triggering roll.
Augment 1
Effect: You instead add 1d4+1 to the triggering roll.

I have it defined like so:

SAVE: +1d4+1; SKILL: +1d4+1; ATK: +1d4+1

With the TRGT and ONE options set.

Everything works fine for Saves, Skill checks. This is true for attacks as well, so long as I double click to make the attack roll and have the NPC targeted. I get the rolling d4 die graphic and everything adds fine.

However if I drag and drop the attack on either the combat tracker or on the NPC on the map, while it will show me dragging a d4 and a d20, only the d20 will roll and be added into the calculations. The +1 portion of the +1d4+1 adds normally.

I've tried just having a line for only ATK: +1d4+1, both with and without the ONE option set with no improvement.

I've also tried not having the NPC targeted with no improvement.

In the combat tracker it does show [EFFECTS 1d4+1] but only when the attack is double-clicked does the d4 actually roll.

As a side note, I tested the same thing but with DMG: +1d4+1 and everything works as expected.

adminwheel3
December 17th, 2011, 18:54
By the way, I just tried this with all of my extensions disabled with no change.

Trenloe
December 18th, 2011, 08:11
What ruleset are you using? I've just done a quick test in 3.5E and "ATK: +1d4+1" worked fine with a drag from the attack on the actions tab of the PC onto an NPC on the combat tracker.

adminwheel3
December 19th, 2011, 02:44
Shoot - I forgot to add that.

This is using the 4e ruleset. v.2.8.1 ultimate.