PDA

View Full Version : Changing campaign folder location?

mortalsavior
December 16th, 2011, 01:54
Hey guys 2 quick questions. Is there a way to change where fantasy grounds 2 loads your campaigns from? The reason I ask is I have a computer with a projector upstairs that I run the game on but like to build downstairs. Anyways I was going to use dropbox to link the 2.. problem is dropbox doesn't let me specify a specific folder that I'm aware of so I'd have to move it, kind defeats the purpose of synching. If not anyone have suggestions?

Second is how do I get snap to grid for tokens in pathfinder rule set?

Thank you!

Trenloe
December 16th, 2011, 02:41
Hey guys 2 quick questions. Is there a way to change where fantasy grounds 2 loads your campaigns from? The reason I ask is I have a computer with a projector upstairs that I run the game on but like to build downstairs. Anyways I was going to use dropbox to link the 2.. problem is dropbox doesn't let me specify a specific folder that I'm aware of so I'd have to move it, kind defeats the purpose of synching. If not anyone have suggestions?

You need to modify the registry. Change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fanyasy Grounds\2.0\DataDir to the location where you data directory will be. Within this have your usual directories - extensions, campaigns, tokens, modules, etc.

Second is how do I get snap to grid for tokens in pathfinder rule set? Create a grid on the image and the tokens should snap to 2 different points - the middle of the grid or the lines of the grid. I'm guessing it does this so that creatures larger than medium can snap to the grid lines and so fill 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 squares correctly.

Just make sure you and the players position the token in the middle of the grid square (or on the lines for larger creatures). The actual square the ruleset is putting you in how many square will be based on the creature size) will be highlighted in the colour of the PC/NPC attitude (Green = Friendly, Yellow = Neutral and Red = Hostile) and the creatures's reach from this square will be shown in grey.

mortalsavior
December 16th, 2011, 03:08
Thanks! being able to have access to the same files from both computers is really going to be a big help. I think I see what happened, my map keeps losing the grid. I knew I set it but I was seeing a grid from the image (which was previously overlay with fg2 grid)