PDA

View Full Version : Where oh where is our great benefactor?

dr_venture
December 15th, 2011, 23:33
I assume nobody's seen Sorcerer around anywhere? When I last corresponded with him, he mentioned some module conversion work he was occupied with - has anyone at Smiteworks seen him?

Such a great guy - I'd hate to think of him being out of our community, for whatever the reason. If he is gone for good, what does that mean for the future development of the C&C ruleset?

Signed,

Anxious in Yosemite.

Doswelk
December 16th, 2011, 08:09
I'm afraid things look bleak - last activity 30th September, last post 13th September...

:(

dr_venture
December 16th, 2011, 08:55
I'm worried that something happened to him - I had been testing new builds of the C&C ruleset for at least a few months. It was a major upgrade to functionality, all kinda of goodies that I think would have put the C&C ruleset up there with the most functional of all of the FG rulesets, then nothing. A very nice guy & very helpful on the boards - at this point I simply hope he's ok.

damned
December 17th, 2011, 05:25
yeah - i hope he is ok - hopefully he just got busy or is taking some time out.

ddavison
December 17th, 2011, 21:52
I shot him a note. I heard from him at the end of September and he was pretty heavily involved with a massive update to C&C. There was a mention of some possible real life interference though. Hopefully it's all just the normal wax and wane of real life into our gaming bubble. ;)

dr_venture
December 18th, 2011, 02:16
Thanks for checking in with him, D - I was testing all those C&C updates for him, so I was getting a steady stream of updates, but then nothing. I messaged him here & via the email I have but haven't head anything in months. I'd be relieved to hear that it's just a matter of life getting in the way, although hopefully not in a bad way.

dr_venture
January 22nd, 2012, 04:40
So... no word from Sorcerer, ddavison? I'd just be glad to know he's OK.

ddavison
January 24th, 2012, 03:50
Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from him yet. I'm hoping he is simply busy again with real life or at worse suffering connectivity issues.