PDA

View Full Version : Question about asset collision with extensions

dr_venture
December 15th, 2011, 23:28
My friends,

I'm working on an extension for the Castles & Crusades ruleset, where I'm mostly just doing a lot of re-skinning type of things, i.e., swapping out icons, frames, and fonts. Unfortunately there is another extension for a ruleset upgrade that is conflicting with some of the frame changes. For instance, I'm changing the frame for the character sheets, but the change only shows up when the ruleset update extension is active.

SO what I'm wondering is if anyone has any observations on asset load order (if I can just load my extension first or last - whichever I need to override the other extension - by virtue of it's name or some other mechanism), and any observations on whether or not I even should be looking at overriding the ruleset update anyway, as I believe I'll be basically killing that portion of the other extension.

I suppose I could hack the ruleset upgrade, but I was hoping to avoid the whole hacking issue, as any ruleset update in the future is likely to remove my hack and I'll have to modify things all over again. Any suggestions from anyone?

Trenloe
December 16th, 2011, 00:44
You could try the newly added <loadorder> tag - see the last few posts in this thread here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14772)

If you will always be using the ruleset update extension, you could base your extension off that code and make your new extension dependant on the ruleset update extension - if that makes sense?