PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder supported books

Nightfiend
December 15th, 2011, 04:26
I was wondering if the players handbook 2 and the classes that are available in that boos is available. I currently have the normal FG and it comes with the basic book, spells and beasts but i didn't see the option for added classes like the summoner. I seen a pathfinder set of books for sale but it doesn't list what is in the bundle so I'm not sure if I'm paying for rule sets I already have. Any recommendations?

Trenloe
December 15th, 2011, 04:51
I was wondering if the players handbook 2 and the classes that are available in that boos is available. I currently have the normal FG and it comes with the basic book, spells and beasts but i didn't see the option for added classes like the summoner. I seen a pathfinder set of books for sale but it doesn't list what is in the bundle so I'm not sure if I'm paying for rule sets I already have. Any recommendations?
The "books" you see in Fantasy Grounds are library modules - they give you a reference library for information and also allow the dragging of some items to the character sheet (spells, feats, weapons). There is nothing stopping you using any of the additional character classes from the Advanced Players Guide etc., nothing is coded into the ruleset around the classes - just type in the class name as required, it is just a reference for you on the character sheet.

Fantasy Grounds comes with some of the rules and references (spells etc) from the Pathfinder Core Book and the first Bestiary, but not enough to teach you how to play Pathfinder - for which you should get the Pathfinder Core book and others as needed - or refer to the Pathfinder Reference Document that has the open source content online link here. (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/) The PRD has a list of the book sources down the left hand side, so you can see the contents of each Pathfinder hardback book - and decide if you need to purchase them or not. But, as a minimum I would recommend the Core Rulebook - and the Advanced Players Guide if you plan on playing any of the character classes from that book.

To clarify - these books are just for your reference, like if you were playing face-to-face. For library modules within Fantasy Grounds you can get the Bestiary 2 module, GamesMastery NPCs and Complete Spell modules from the forums:

Complete Paizo Spells (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15672)

Bestiary 2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15549)

GamesMastery Guide NPCs (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15663)

Nightfiend
December 15th, 2011, 05:07
Thanks I was wondering if i was missing any of the available books. My question was based on the fact that i imported a summoner from hero labs and was successful with everything except the eidolon. This brought up other questions regarding other new classes. But i can see if needed i can manually create a new character and impute the information regarding the eidolon. Would be nice if this was recognized during the import but i would rather see an easy app. and tracker regarding conditions...)

Trenloe
December 15th, 2011, 05:12
Thanks I was wondering if i was missing any of the available books. My question was based on the fact that i imported a summoner from hero labs and was successful with everything except the eidolon. This brought up other questions regarding other new classes. But i can see if needed i can manually create a new character and impute the information regarding the eidolon. Would be nice if this was recognized during the import but i would rather see an easy app. and tracker regarding conditions...)
Did you try importing the Eidolon as a seperate character? That is, export from Hero Labs as a seperate character (I'm not sure if that is possible). Fantasy grounds doesn't recognise things like Eidolons, Animal Companions, etc. tied to one specific character - you need to import/create them as seperate PCs, so you can have control of them etc.

Nightfiend
December 15th, 2011, 05:18
Yes that looks like the only way. It did recognize all the summoned creatures i had pre-made using hero labs beasts but the eidolon function of hero labs is currently not recognized. In all i consider it a 90% success though. A little time to make the thing is not a big deal.