PDA

View Full Version : connection issues

Nestor
December 15th, 2011, 04:10
ok here is all the info

been dming a game for the last several months

about 3 weeks ago i switched internet providers to comcast (cable)

no connection issues

last week I built a new PC

I was able to play on a game Sunday Dec 11th, and host a connection on Tuesday Dec 13th, with the new PC no problem.

Today no one can connect to me, and all connection tests fail. I have changed nothing at all, there was a power outage (we get several each week)

I do not understand how to do the port forwarding. I can find port forwarding on the router, but it is asking for an ip address, and a bunch of settings i know nothing about.

also if the port forwarding is the problem why did it connect on Tuesday night?

help please

edit, my router is a SMCD3CNV

Trenloe
December 15th, 2011, 04:16
Probably the power outage caused your Fantasy Grounds computer to get a different IP address than it had previously. Or, have you ran your old computer with Fantasy Grounds on and the UPnP configuration is remembering that?

Anyway, if you can access the Port Forwarding on your router, forward port 1802, TCP protocol to the IP address of your new computer. If it is asking for a range of ports, put 1802 in the start and finish entries. You can get your IP address from the load campaign screen of Fantasy Grounds - it is listed as "internal" under "Address information"

Nestor
December 15th, 2011, 04:20
thanks for the reply one sec, going to post a pict

Nestor
December 15th, 2011, 04:23
here is what the screen looks like

Trenloe
December 15th, 2011, 04:25
here is what the screen looks like

The screenshot needs approval, and that usually takes a while. Can you upload it to some other location and provide the link?

Nestor
December 15th, 2011, 04:25
common services -AIM has a flydown menu that includes (FTP and other)
Service type i think should be TCP

Nestor
December 15th, 2011, 04:27
https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/hmt321/help1.jpg

Trenloe
December 15th, 2011, 04:35
common services -AIM has a flydown menu that includes (FTP and other)
Service type i think should be TCP
Under common services does the "other" entry allow you to change the starting and ending port?

You need to be able to set:

Service Type: TCP
Server IP address: The Internal Adress shown within Fantasy Grounds "Load Campaign" screen.
Starting Port: 1802
Ending Port 1802

Nestor
December 15th, 2011, 04:36
ok I think I am getting it now.

Nestor
December 15th, 2011, 04:39
ok i have a successful connection test

Nestor
December 15th, 2011, 04:41
ok I added 1802, but it will not let me add 1803 as a second entry under the same IP, if I have a positive connection test am I golden?

Trenloe
December 15th, 2011, 04:48
ok i have a successful connection test

Hurray! :D

You may have to keep an eye on the internal address reported by Fantasy Grounds - if it ever changes, you will need to change the server IP address in your router port forwarding to match the new IP address.

Trenloe
December 15th, 2011, 04:52
ok I added 1802, but it will not let me add 1803 as a second entry under the same IP, if I have a positive connection test am I golden?

It won't let you add 1802 or is it 1803? Anyway, if it won't let you add the same as the start (1802), just add 1803 or 1804 - you should be OK with these as it's is highly unlikely that you will need port forwarding for these extra ports.

Nestor
December 15th, 2011, 04:57
Thank you so much for your help

Trenloe
December 15th, 2011, 05:02
Thank you so much for your help
No problem, glad we got you working again. :)