PDA

View Full Version : Targeting Issue

crawford
December 14th, 2011, 16:41
I am having an issue where players cant target an NPC. I have tried logging in as a player myself and when I click on the NPC, the border doesn't change colors, and when trying to attack, the to hit rolls don't register for the NPC. I'm running the game in the 3.5 ruleset.

I can manually add the targets to the Combat Tracker, but when the player rolls to hit, it also doesn't register the target NPC, even though I can see it in the CT.

Any help would be much appreciated as I would prefer combat to be mostly automated.

Griogre
December 14th, 2011, 18:35
When that happens, often there is something wrong between the link between the combat tracker and the token on the map. Usually just re-dragging the token on the tracker back onto the map and if necessary deleting the old token solves it.

Trenloe
December 14th, 2011, 21:02
I am having an issue where players cant target an NPC. I have tried logging in as a player myself and when I click on the NPC, the border doesn't change colors, and when trying to attack, the to hit rolls don't register for the NPC. I'm running the game in the 3.5 ruleset.

Are you running the 3.5E Enhanced Images Extension? If so, the tokens have to be placed on the top layer ("Play Layer") by the GM - it is only this layer that allow interaction from the players.

Also, how are you as the player rolling your attack rolls?

Trenloe
December 14th, 2011, 21:25
I can manually add the targets to the Combat Tracker, but when the player rolls to hit, it also doesn't register the target NPC, even though I can see it in the CT.
P.S. The GM adding the targeting using the "drag onto new host target" cross-hairs icon will only work for GMs making the dice rolls - not for players. This is "host" targeting - where host is the GM instance of Fantasy Grounds.

crawford
December 14th, 2011, 23:17
P.S. The GM adding the targeting using the "drag onto new host target" cross-hairs icon will only work for GMs making the dice rolls - not for players. This is "host" targeting - where host is the GM instance of Fantasy Grounds.

I was double clicking from the Action tab and I'm not running the Enhanced Images extension.

It did fix itself once I restarted the software, deleted the tokens and re-added them. Something strange must have been going on because the player that was connected to my machine couldn't see the dice rolls in the chat window either.

Thanks for the help!