PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 4E group, New to D & D and FG2

Tyrlanor
December 12th, 2011, 21:02
Hello guys,

My wife and I just recently starting playing D & D (2 weeks ago actually) and thought that FG2 would be a great way to learn the game better :). We both have newbie level 1 characters created (She's a shaman, and I'm a Druid.) We've created their stats using the DDI Character creator so that they are legal for any play.. Hoping to hear back from someone who wouldn't mind a couple of newbie's using modifier's until we get better at FG2 tagging along with their group :).

Well let us know via PM or reply to this thread :).

Thanks,

Tyrlanor & Zilundoria

Nestor
December 12th, 2011, 23:28
post your time zone and availability for play

I may run a Kolbold Hall one shot in a few weeks, If I do ill send you a pm.

Tyrlanor
December 12th, 2011, 23:31
Whoops, Sorry about that, we're open pretty much any day of the week after about 2:30 PM, and any time on the weekends. Our current time zone is central standard, UTC-06:00.

Thanks for the reply :)

MikeParham
December 16th, 2011, 00:19
Hello Tyrlanor,

I have watched the boards for a few days to see if anyone would offer up an invitation to their gaming group , but as it seems no one has come forth, I've a group of players (including several DMs) most of which have been together playing "in-house" for years, but have shifted over to FG in order to accommodate more real-life issues (kids, college, careers). We are seasoned players, some like myself have raised our own kids into D&D playing adults, thus we have no problem working with players new to both D&D and Fantasy Grounds. We do ask however, that you enjoy truly "getting into" your character, as we spend as much as 50% of some sessions actually in inter-character roleplay.

We currently have an opening for a couple of new players to flesh out the group. Traditionally we run our campaigns in pairs, playing one campaign one Fri or Sat, the other the next week...rinse and repeat. Every six months or so we swap out the pairs. We find this keeps DM burnout at a minimum.

Most of us are east coast players with over 10 years experience, and our current playing times are 6PM EST on Saturdays. Currently we are in the early part of a 4th edition campaign that uses standard characters as well as those created using our optional "Flex" character creation system. Running concurrently is a Pathfinder game using standard rules.

To learn more about our activities, visit this site:
https://vabchd20teaclub.wikidot.com/start

moorcrys
December 16th, 2011, 03:01
Hey T,

I'm looking to get something started after the holidays as my schedule is brutal until then and I'm still trying to get the parser and token converter to work properly on my computer. I will keep you posted if you and your wife are interested but it would be on Monday evenings - probably beginning at 10pm EST (9pm your time) and running for 3 hours weekly. I work most evenings and weekends, so I'm looking to get a stable group of 3 or 4 people to play on my free evening after I've fulfilled my familial obligations. :-) I've been playing D&D since the 80s but haven't had much experience with Fantasy Grounds - I've played a couple games, but the learning curve is a tad daunting for me as a DM, but I'm muddling through.

It would be homebrew, 1st level characters will be great, and if you both are into it and we can get a couple more we can learn how to work Fantasy Grounds together.

I don't know how late you guys are willing to stay up to play, but if that's an option let me know.

zorish
December 17th, 2011, 03:58
I am also a new player who wouldnt mind getting into a game on monday nights. I live in the Pacific time zone and mondays i have very few obligations.

I have played a few times with FG but the group fell apart so I would like a stable group. If you all need another please drop me a line.

Tyrlanor
December 17th, 2011, 22:06
All of the offers sound great :) we would really like it if we could get something setup so that we can all play as a group, weekly or something so that we're steady. Because we're really looking for we can do with a group every week or so :).

moorcrys
December 18th, 2011, 00:48
I am also a new player who wouldnt mind getting into a game on monday nights. I live in the Pacific time zone and mondays i have very few obligations.

I have played a few times with FG but the group fell apart so I would like a stable group. If you all need another please drop me a line.

All of the offers sound great we would really like it if we could get something setup so that we can all play as a group, weekly or something so that we're steady. Because we're really looking for we can do with a group every week or so .

Sounds good! As I said, nothing will be happening until the New Year - the holidays are impossible for me as I don't get a day off until Christmas, and after that not another one until after the 1st of January. But I'm looking to get started the second week of January (the 9th). Again, the time would be weekly Mondays from 10pm EST - 1am EST (so 7-10pm PST). I'll see what I can get together for you guys in the meantime so you can get an idea of the world etc.

Cheers.

zorish
January 7th, 2012, 06:06
any chance this is still in the works?

moorcrys
January 8th, 2012, 00:13
It is in the works. I've just come out of the other side of my holiday schedule.

I'm still at work. I will PM you and the Tyrlanor later tonight when I have some time to sketch out what I'm thinking. I think it would be good to have one more player, possibly 2, so we have a group of 4. I don't want too many... I'd prefer a smaller group of consistent players. And again, it will be Mondays 10pm-1am EST.

I'll PM later.

Cheers.

zorish
January 8th, 2012, 05:36
That sounds great, hopefully the other two are still good to go. I have been trying for a couple of months to find a steady group for online play and it still has not happened. :( I got your PM and based on the above line of chat I was looking at being either a Paladin or a ranger.

i will respond on the PM tomorrow as i will have a bit more time to give it some good thought.

moorcrys
January 8th, 2012, 15:33
Sounds good Zorish.

_JC_
January 13th, 2012, 08:41
I am a new player to FG looking for a game as well. Just had a test run with templarghost and really liked it.

Is this still on and is there any room?

Winston
January 19th, 2012, 20:59
Is this still on and is there any room?

What he said. Would like to get into a real game myself.

moorcrys
January 21st, 2012, 03:35
Hey guys,

I didn't get responses for several days. I received an invite to Nestor's game and accepted, which helps me to learn FG through his campaign. If something changes with him I'll likely re-open recruiting, but if his game gets off the ground (it's looking like it's going to) that's going to be my Monday evenings for the foreseeable future.

Cheers,
Moorcrys