PDA

View Full Version : GURPS > HARN game interest?

GunnarGreybeard
December 7th, 2011, 12:26
Well, it seems I've been bitten by the GURPS bug, no thanks to saithan. :D

Thant being said I am seriously considering a GURPS> HARN game in the near future (I gotta digest the conversion doc/process and learn GURPS, at least enough to GM. And Yes, I know the GURPS is supposed to be easy but I'm a long time HarnMaster/Rolemaster GM and "complicated" is hard to is a hard cycle to break (Note to self: stop over thinking, it really is a simpler system). ;)

If there is enough interest, I will proceed with my plans to get something up and running.

saithan
December 8th, 2011, 22:22
definitely interested

GunnarGreybeard
January 21st, 2012, 06:11
Well, this game is not dead, and I am in the process of revisiting it. Just happened that I got temporarily distracted by an actual GURPS PnP game with my kids. :D

They wanted to see if we could make a Kung Fu Panda game. Came out really good. Was lots of fun.

ShaneB
February 16th, 2012, 04:58
Also definitely interested, depending on time of course (I am GMT+8). I also got the GURPS bug and only just started. From a GM perspective the system seems simple, but the sheer amount of work required to get a campaign going is the harder thing for me (being time poor with two kids and work :))

GunnarGreybeard
February 16th, 2012, 13:37
Also definitely interested, depending on time of course (I am GMT+8). I also got the GURPS bug and only just started. From a GM perspective the system seems simple, but the sheer amount of work required to get a campaign going is the harder thing for me (being time poor with two kids and work :))I found one of the most time intensive parts of the system is character generation however, I recently picked up the GURPS Character Assistant which should allow me to fairly quickly make up the numerous NPC's I'll need for the campaign. This is made even more simple by the ability to import them directly into FG (thank you saithan and anyone having a hand in making that possible).

Not sure on the game times/days. I am busy on Wednesday nights right now so any game may will probably need to be a Saturday/Sunday game, late morning or early afternoon in the day (I work nights). Then again if anyone interested is off during the week a weekday morning game would also be an option.

GunnarGreybeard
February 17th, 2012, 19:56
Also definitely interested, depending on time of course (I am GMT+8). I also got the GURPS bug and only just started.Trying to do the math here (and time zone converting) and it looks like you are 14 hours ahead of me. That might be hard to do, not sure the best times to arrange the schedule around. I'm guessing it would have to be evenings for me and mornings for you?

Calgore
November 20th, 2012, 23:45
is this still open? if so i am defiantly interested.

GunnarGreybeard
November 22nd, 2012, 21:59
Unfortunately no. Seems there was not much interest in a very low-fantasy themed game at the time I was trying to organize this. I may try to to pick it up again at some time but would not likely be until after the new year.

Calgore
December 8th, 2012, 17:47
thats fine:) . pm me if you have anymore new games coming up