PDA

View Full Version : Changing size of dragged in player portraits

lachancery
December 4th, 2011, 05:43
I would like to change the size of the character's portraits when they get dragged in on a map. The portraits are sized at 32x32, but my collection of tokens is 60-70 pixel large.

I'm using the RMC ruleset. Is it a change that must be done within the xml/lua files of the ruleset?

Dakadin
December 5th, 2011, 15:53
No you don't need to change the xml/lua. The attached extension will set the portrait tokens to 100x100. You just need to resize the portrait_token.png and portrait_token_mask.png files if you want them a different size. Keep the token mask file about 7/8 the size of the token file and it should work fine.

lachancery
December 6th, 2011, 02:07
Great, thanks for that! (and for the clickable RRs!)

Dakadin
December 6th, 2011, 03:52
Your welcome. I am working on a better version for the clickable RRs that fits better with the other functionality in the ruleset. It will also include the ability to make stat rolls. Hopefully I will have time to finish it before the new year.

lachancery
December 6th, 2011, 13:33
Your welcome. I am working on a better version for the clickable RRs that fits better with the other functionality in the ruleset. It will also include the ability to make stat rolls. Hopefully I will have time to finish it before the new year.
Cool! My holiday project will be to figure out how to code in the RMC ruleset. :-/

Here are ideas for the RR improvement, you're welcome to use/toss these as you wish:

1) display: put shadow dice in the RR section (like the skill and spell tabs).
I
2) result look-up: implement lookup into the RR table in the GM resolver (use modified roll & character level to display up to what effect level the roll resists).

3) attack table: add "base spell" attack table (like the elemental attack tables), so that a base spell weapon can be added to the combat tab & tracker. Add look-up in the GM resolver, which then links with a right-click to the RR table look-up (in point 2 above) like a critical & fumble look-up do.

Dakadin
December 6th, 2011, 15:24
1. Is already done.
2. Good idea. I think I can do that also.
3. I like the idea. I just need to see if I can figure it out.

Let me know if you think of anything else. No promises but I will see what I can do.

lachancery
December 6th, 2011, 19:34
Let me know if you think of anything else. No promises but I will see what I can do.
If you figure out how to do item 3, then the last one to fully wrap base spells up is a fumble lookup table, following the same mechanics in the GM resolver as for other attack tables.