PDA

View Full Version : Moving Characters and adding portraits

anmay73
December 3rd, 2011, 23:04
Group

I have been having difficulty moving characters around so I can attach a portrait to them.

My PC's made their character in the campaign file (not sure if I should have done that?) I wasn't able to add a portrait to their tokens. It seems the only place to add portraits is under the manage characters section.

When I go under the manage character section the characters do not appear.

Things I've tried:
1) I've tried to copy the db file from the campaign file to the root character directory. unsuccessful.
2) I tried to make the campaign a module and open it under a new campaign. Works, but I don't have a portrait section to drop on the players.

I'm probably messing something up. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

damned
December 4th, 2011, 02:03
open a second fg instance on your computer - connect to localhost
open the character sheet in the second instance and assign portraits and they should stick for later sessions...

phantomwhale
December 4th, 2011, 11:33
SWEX 3.2 will provide a "portrait" button for the GM to assign local portraits to players.

Until it's really imminent release, damned's workaround is the best and probably easiest way to do it.

Moon Wizard
December 10th, 2011, 00:56
3.5E and 4E will also have this capability as well. In fact, portraits will be tied to the character sheets, instead of as a separate button.

Cheers,
JPG

Doswelk
December 10th, 2011, 09:55
SWEX 3.2 will provide a "portrait" button for the GM to assign local portraits to players.

Rendering and uploading a video to YouTube that demonstrates the new way right now!:D