PDA

View Full Version : moon_wizard dialing it back?

adminwheel3
December 1st, 2011, 12:11
Something was tickling at the back of my brain - and then I realized what it was. There are not as many posts from moon_wizard over the last month (12) as there had been previously (from what I can tell vs. 72 or so for the previous two months).

Hoping that everything is ok with him? Is this just a development cycle thing?

Zeus
December 2nd, 2011, 02:47
Yep, more than likely.

There's always increased forum posts when test/new releases are made available.

I know moon is busy on new development projects but I shall not ruin any surprises ...

Muwahaha!

adminwheel3
December 2nd, 2011, 17:42
Very well, I'll simply have to rely on you to get my Fantasy Ground 'new and shiny' fix!

How about an extension of some kind? That would be nice...nothing too fancy mind you.

Hmmm...I'm seeing...something that autosized tokens to fit on a mapgrid so they didn't have to be adjusted manually. Or maybe add a metallic option for dice colors? Oh I know! Add in a /r command to auto-reply back to the last player who whispered you!

There you go. I did half the work already!

demonsbane
December 2nd, 2011, 20:55
How about an extension of some kind? That would be nice...nothing too fancy mind you.
An extension for what ruleset?

adminwheel3
December 3rd, 2011, 22:14
Oh I just use 4e - but I'm was really just teasing. Not that the things I mentioned wouldn't be great to have, but I've no expectations of anyone actually doing it.

unerwünscht
December 4th, 2011, 23:51
Anyone else getting a little worried that neither Moon or Doug have commented yet?

joshuha
December 5th, 2011, 00:15
Anyone else getting a little worried that neither Moon or Doug have commented yet?

I have seen Doug posting status updates on Google+ that he is currently reviewing the patch stuff for Savage Worlds and Deadlands Reloaded and waiting on QA results.

unerwünscht
December 5th, 2011, 05:45
That is awesome news.

Doswelk
December 5th, 2011, 06:34
That is awesome news.

You'd think so.... I am having to edit almost all the Savage Worlds stuff to tweak things to make them work! :D

Moon Wizard
December 10th, 2011, 00:45
I am still working heavily on Fantasy Grounds. The challenge is that I have been so focused on the development, that I have been letting my time on the forums lapse. A big thanks to all the community members helping out with the questions while I have been distracted.

While I was originally working on a v2.8.2 update, it bloomed into such a larger update than I intended and will now be 2.9. I hope to have something out in the next few weeks via the test mode manager and Laboratory forum.

Keep an eye out, and I hope you will enjoy the changes. Lots of new items for developers to add to their rulesets as well. In fact, part of the time it is taking is due to the inclusion into 3.5E and 4E rulesets of all the new features.

More to come,
JPG

ddavison
December 11th, 2011, 15:11
I have seen Doug posting status updates on Google+ that he is currently reviewing the patch stuff for Savage Worlds and Deadlands Reloaded and waiting on QA results.

It is *very* close now. The only problems left that we've identified is compatibility with other add-ons that use extensions. As Doswelk notes, many of these were done by him and he's working through them as quickly as he can. We want everything to be as solid as possible before we roll it out. The new features are great though.