PDA

View Full Version : 50 Fathoms of a theme...

Doswelk
November 29th, 2011, 14:16
Just got the new SWEX 50 fathoms and had to try and make a theme.

(If someone is porting 50 fathoms and wants to use this just ask)

If no-one else ports 50 Fathoms I just might have to do it myself!

I have been playing around with the "decal" object and realised a neat trick with it as the two pictures below should show...

First picture is the "standard" 1024x768 view the "decal" covers the whole screen.

Second picture is my 1290x1080 screen the "decal" is centred and the "background" (wooden planks) are viewable as is the sidebar.

:D

RiverRat
November 29th, 2011, 17:50
I personally like the one with decal centered on the wood plank background. Shows off the map better.

I was looking for a project to work on over the Christmas break. Updating 50 Fathoms to SW Deluxe Edition and SW 3.2 seems like it would fit the bill. It will also serve to get me familiar with some of the changes in the latest SW ruleset. I'll drop Doug a note and see if it's available. (Unless you REALLY want to do it.)

RR

Doswelk
November 29th, 2011, 19:30
I personally like the one with decal centered on the wood plank background. Shows off the map better.

They are actually the same! The only difference is the screen size of FGII.

I was looking for a project to work on over the Christmas break. Updating 50 Fathoms to SW Deluxe Edition and SW 3.2 seems like it would fit the bill. It will also serve to get me familiar with some of the changes in the latest SW ruleset. I'll drop Doug a note and see if it's available. (Unless you REALLY want to do it.)

RR

Feel free (there are more than enough Hellfrost adventures to convert!)

Doswelk
December 20th, 2011, 18:40
I've done more that this but some of the graphics I have decided need redoing so this is all I'll admit to right now :D

daddystabz
July 8th, 2012, 19:15
I really want to get a copy of this theme. I play in a Sunday game of this on FGII.

Doswelk
July 8th, 2012, 21:00
Play testing is looking good, just waiting on Doug to approve it and sell it :)

saithan
July 10th, 2012, 00:49
as always looks very nice doswelk

madman
July 13th, 2012, 07:45
Wow that looks awesome !!!!!!!

Nice work!!

Chris

Doswelk
July 18th, 2012, 00:15
Couple of screen shots from our last two sessions of 50 fathoms.

One shows a boarding action by the party the other the attack of a large Monkape.

Squashing bugs in the modules as I go....

Doswelk
June 2nd, 2014, 21:11
Behind the scenes Ikael, PW and myself are playing around with the CoreRPG ruleset and using that to make Savage Words 4. So once again tweaks to themes will be required, here is a current concept I have for 50 fathoms, I may well change the graphics before the final version...

grimm182
June 3rd, 2014, 18:40
Ok, It has always bothered me that the map had all the place names even if the players had not found it yet...so i photochopped this:
https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6ds6f5&s=6#.U44I4_mwIZA
Just a personal preference! :)

Doswelk
June 3rd, 2014, 22:42
Oh I like that!

Can I "nick" it for the 50 Fathoms Theme?

Mask_of_winter
June 4th, 2014, 00:59
Behind the scenes Ikael, PW and myself are playing around with the CoreRPG ruleset and using that to make Savage Words 4. So once again tweaks to themes will be required, here is a current concept I have for 50 fathoms, I may well change the graphics before the final version...

I like the concept of showcasing artwork from the book by using them as icons for the sidebar buttons. How about gold or iron ingots for the mini sidebar?

Btw, I've tried to identify the header font name for 50F and SW Deluxe, anybody know what they are?

Doswelk
June 4th, 2014, 07:36
The main fonts used I think are Adventure, Fedora for Savage Worlds.

50 Fathoms uses BlackAdder ITC and Windlass according to Adobe Reader (but neither of those appear to the be the Logo Font)

Mask_of_winter
June 4th, 2014, 11:06
Adventure and Fedora are for the SW Explorer's Edition. What about for the Deluxe edition, do you know what it is? Adobe Helvetica or Parachute PF Fusion?

grimm182
June 4th, 2014, 12:49
Can I "nick" it for the 50 Fathoms Theme?
You may, I will try and get you my original copy. :)

Doswelk
June 4th, 2014, 17:09
Adventure and Fedora are for the SW Explorer's Edition. What about for the Deluxe edition, do you know what it is? Adobe Helvetica or Parachute PF Fusion?Arial, CharlemagneStd, Haettenschweiler, MyriadPro, PalatinoLinotype, QlassikBold, TrebuchetMS-Bold, Wingdings.

Doswelk
June 5th, 2014, 18:55
I have to say it looks so much nicer :)

Thank you

grimm182
June 6th, 2014, 00:39
I agree that does look nice, when i took a shot at this i never had text over the side bar images...needless to say i sometimes opened the wrong "icon". Thanks!! My only thought would be does it still need the paper scroll-work behind the side bar icons... :)

Doswelk
June 7th, 2014, 09:10
You are the second person to say that, hope this resolves that issue...

;)