PDA

View Full Version : Missing Token Folder

DeLeon
November 27th, 2011, 20:45
My tokens are not available when I launch the software, so I tried to add some more. It says in the user guide to place new tokens in the Token folder in the Application Data Folder, but I have no token folders in either the main directory or in the individual campaigns.

OK, I just realized that my token files are accessible from the character management option under portraits, but I cannot access these files from the tokens in my campaigns.

Trenloe
November 27th, 2011, 21:19
OK, I just realized that my token files are accessible from the character management option under portraits, but I cannot access these files from the tokens in my campaigns.

Tokens should be placed in the <FG application data directory>\tokens\host if the GM is only going to access them or <FG application data directory>\tokens\shared if you want the players to see them too. These will be visible in any campaign you load.

If these directories don't exist, just create them yourself.

The <FG application data directory> is accessible from a shortcut link under Windows Start - All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data Folder.

You can also create a \tokens directory in a specific campaign if you want the tokens to just be available for that campaign.

DeLeon
November 27th, 2011, 21:53
Tokens should be placed in the <FG application data directory>\tokens\host if the GM is only going to access them or <FG application data directory>\tokens\shared if you want the players to see them too. These will be visible in any campaign you load.

If these directories don't exist, just create them yourself.

The <FG application data directory> is accessible from a shortcut link under Windows Start - All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data Folder.

You can also create a \tokens directory in a specific campaign if you want the tokens to just be available for that campaign.

I created those directories, but I'm still not able to see the tokens when I click on the token button.

Trenloe
November 27th, 2011, 22:32
I created those directories, but I'm still not able to see the tokens when I click on the token button.

What tokens do you have? Are they tokens you've made yourself or have you a token Fantasy Grounds module?

If it is a module, you need to "open" it in the module activation window within your campaign.

If you are using your own images as tokens, these are only read when you load a campaign - the token directories are not scanned while in a campaign (unlike the campaign image directory which is scanned for new images). Exit Fantasy Grounds and reload your campaign or type /reload in the chat window to reload your ruleset without exiting.

Griogre
November 27th, 2011, 22:43
FYI players (clients) only see tokens placed in the GM's shared folder. The GM's tokens are the ones used when you connect to a game.

Edit: Just to be clear. Character Portraits are in the shown in the top left of the FG desktop and are from the player's computers. Tokens are in the bottom right box and are placed on maps, though Portraits can be placed on maps as well though they seldom are since a lot of rulesets have functionality that only works if the GM drags the tokens off the combat tracker onto the map.

DeLeon
November 27th, 2011, 22:51
OK, I think I fixed the problem. I had to create the Token folder along with the Host and Shared subfolders in the App Data directory.

Dershem
November 28th, 2011, 16:27
That does it, typically on all my installs it created the token folders for me.