PDA

View Full Version : Game Mat image

anmay73
November 25th, 2011, 15:35
Group,

Somewhere I saw a tutorial which showed a blank game mat being used with the pen, I think it was using the 3.5 rule set. The mat image seemed to be able to scroll without a defined boundary. I was wondering if anyone has that image and how do I make the image have no size limits.

Another question, can I re-size my tokens from inside the program on the maps, or does all resizing have to be done outside of the FG software using imaging software.

Thanks
may

Griogre
November 25th, 2011, 16:19
If you just use Drawing mode in FG you can expand the drawing as much as you want on any side. Press the Images button on the desktop, then click new on the bottom right of the pop up and that will open a blank drawing. To put a grid on the map right click the blank map and select Layers at about 5 o'clock on the radial menu. To expand an edge of the map. Right click on the blank map and at 6 o'clock there is the Drawing Option, the Expand Drawing at 1 o'clock, then just tell it which edge to expand. All Drawings are given the default name New Drawing so go back and name it in the image pop up if you are planing to keep it.

Yes you can re-size your tokens from inside of FG. You must put them on the tracker to do so though, which in SW means you need to set up a combat. Once you have a token on the combat tracker, you can scale it by moving the mouse over the token image on the left side and rolling the mouse wheel. If you hold down control while rolling the mouse wheel the token will scale the token in larger increments.

Scaling this way works OK for exceptions, but generally speaking, its a pain in the rear to do for every token. You are going to be much better off scaling all your tokens to be proportional outside of FG than constant fiddling around with scaling for tokens inside of FG.

Valarian
November 25th, 2011, 16:28
The Faststone imaging tool is good for batch resizing

anmay73
November 25th, 2011, 17:29
Thanks

For the quick response, that was easy.

I had one other question, if you had the time.

I have the ultimate version. My players have the free version. For character creation do I have to make their characters? Then how do I get their characters to show up in the campaign I created (currently they don't show up).

Thanks again
May

Valarian
November 25th, 2011, 19:17
If you create the characters as if running a game, they will show up. Players can create their own characters while connected. If you've created them using the manage characters area, these are local characters. To transfer them to server characters, start up another FG2 window and connect using localhost.

anmay73
December 9th, 2011, 00:35
I've tried to connect my local database (where the characters are) To the campaign game and I get a license key conflict.

Hmmmm...yeah I'm stumped :confused:

Doswelk
December 9th, 2011, 01:02
That normally happens when two copies of FGII have the same license key.

Have you installed it twice on two machines and then tried to connect to one from the other?

You can run more than one copy of FGII on the same pc (one GM) and one player.

Trenloe
December 9th, 2011, 11:09
You can run more than one copy of FGII on the same pc (one GM) and one player.

To expand on what Doswelk says - on your main computer (where the campaign is) run Fantasy Grounds and load your campaign. Then, run Fantasy Grounds again on the same computer and connect to localhost. This will connect you as a player.

However, I'm guessing your characters are on your other computer though. I'm not sure where Savage Worlds stores these characters - there's usually a "characters" directory on the player PC (under the Fantasy Grounds App Data Directory) that has XML files with the character data in them - copy this over to the campaign computer and you should have access to the characters.