PDA

View Full Version : Aye Curumba! Check this deal out!

Zeus
November 24th, 2011, 15:05
Oh my gosh, these are a steal!

Entire Infintity Collection (Baldurs Gate Series) for $19.95 - https://www.atari.com/dndanthology

Entire Neverwinter Collection for $29.95 - https://www.atari.com/neverwintercomplete

Hint: Purchase, install and Play, then when your done strip all game assets out and use in your D&D FGII campaign games. Portraits, tokens, maps its all there.

Dershem
November 24th, 2011, 15:47
Wow!!!

Thanks I'be been wanting to play these again for a while now!!!!!

Plus stripping out the maps and such..this is awesome!!!

Nestor
November 24th, 2011, 22:47
care to point us towards links showing how to get at the maps and such

Zeus
November 24th, 2011, 23:30
For the portrait and token images just convert the game asset .tga (TARGA) files to .pngs or .jpgs using any decent graphics program. I used Photoshop, but GiMP and many others will work just fine.

For the maps use the Neverwinter Nights Toolset (its bundled with NWN2 I think). From the toolset load up a game module and then move the camera to overhead and pan to the location you want for your battlemap. Then grab the screen with the Windows Snippet tool and save to .jpg.

The great thing about this is that once you have figured out the editor, you can change the time of day etc. Making each map available for different requirements. The starting location module for NW2 contains several great indoor and outdoor maps including village square, village streets, fair, inn, several buildings dwellings etc.

GunnarGreybeard
November 24th, 2011, 23:36
For the portrait and token images just convert the game asset .tga (TARGA) files to .pngs or .jpgs using any decent graphics program. I used Photoshop, but GiMP and many others will work just fine.I was wondering how to do that, didn't realize it was that easy. Thanks! :D

tdewitt274
November 25th, 2011, 16:23
Hmm, if you missed it yesterday, click on the Amazon.com links. Seems that's the normal list price. However, the NWN are $2 cheaper.

Dracones
November 25th, 2011, 21:17
Steam has NWN2 Platinum for $10 right now. I'm waiting to see if it hits a daily deal this weekend.

I wouldn't mind having the entire NWN collection, but I just don't do physical media anymore. Steam has gotten me spoiled.

Edit: Well digging around some more. Steam has the NWN2 collection for $10 this weekend while Good Old Games has the NWN1 collection for $10. So, if you want both, that might be the better way to go about it.

adminwheel3
December 21st, 2011, 02:52
Got my copy today - looking forward to sucking out its thrill-power!

Olodrin
December 26th, 2011, 21:42
When you say the NWN toolset, do you mean the Aurora toolset or the Electron toolset? Also, can you use these tools to pull the maps from the BG games? I loved those old isometric maps, with their hand-colored palettes.

Thanks