PDA

View Full Version : RMC Demo (One Shot)

lachancery
November 24th, 2011, 04:05
I have scheduled a demo of the RMC ruleset for Thursday, Dec. 1 at 9:00pm EST.

Join the game on the game calendar at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=724

The focus of the demo will be on the technical aspect of the ruleset, but we can do in character role-playing if the players are so inclined.

Pre-generated characters (level 3) will be available. If you have the ruleset, you can bring your own character (level 3) as well.

I have the ultimate license, so even unregistered players can attend. Voice-chat (Skype) will only be used if all players can, and want to use it.

bislab
November 24th, 2011, 15:51
I would love to get in on this. I have a license for FG2 and am familiear with Rolemaster 2nd edition which I understand is virtually the same as RMC. I do not have the ruleset yet, but I might just purchase it so I can make my own character for this! Thank you for hosting a one-shot.

GunnarGreybeard
November 24th, 2011, 21:06
Its been about a year since I last messed with my Rolemaster ruleset and a little refresher from a player perspective would probably be really helpful in getting me back up to speed to start up my own campaign again. Too bad its on that date/time (gotta work). :-( )

lachancery
November 25th, 2011, 22:51
Its been about a year since I last messed with my Rolemaster ruleset and a little refresher from a player perspective would probably be really helpful in getting me back up to speed to start up my own campaign again. Too bad its on that date/time (gotta work). :-( )
I can see about moving it to Tuesday night, if you'd like - I'm also available then.

bislab
November 26th, 2011, 03:24
ah...Tuesdays would count me out I'm afraid.

GunnarGreybeard
November 26th, 2011, 06:29
I have scheduled a demo of the RMC ruleset for Thursday, Dec. 1 at 9:00pm EST. Looks like changing it to Tuesday would put bislab out. Never mind me, go with the original day so he can get to see how the ruleset works.

Blackfoot
November 26th, 2011, 16:20
I can make either night.

lachancery
November 27th, 2011, 03:34
As Gunnar suggests, I'll keep the demo on Thursday night, December 1st.

Blackfoot
November 28th, 2011, 13:39
My Monday night game was switched to Thursdays. I won't be able to make it... I'm sorry.

lachancery
November 29th, 2011, 05:54
My Monday night game was switched to Thursdays. I won't be able to make it... I'm sorry.
If Gunnar & you are interested, I can also set up another demo next Tuesday (Dec 6th).

Blackfoot
November 29th, 2011, 06:20
If Gunnar & you are interested, I can also set up another demo next Tuesday (Dec 6th).That works for me.

GunnarGreybeard
November 29th, 2011, 06:59
If Gunnar & you are interested, I can also set up another demo next Tuesday (Dec 6th).Works for me too.

lachancery
November 30th, 2011, 03:28
Works for me too.

The RMC Demo on the game calendar now has both dates; feel free to sign up:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=724

lachancery
November 30th, 2011, 03:36
Here is the introduction for the RMC demos I will be hosting this Thursday (Dec 1st) and next Tuesday (Dec 6th):

Sigar Enckel is the current lord of Tarn Baraed, a rural estate in the southern Strumm Hills. In just a few years since his father’s untimely death, Sigar has earned himself quite the reputation for violence and extortion. He imposes harsh working conditions in his mines and quarries, and demands steep taxes on his farms.

Every six weeks, Sigar makes the two days trip to the Capital to sell his estate’s goods and purchase mysterious wares in return. No one quite understands what he’s up to, but those who have witnessed his mean demeanor, prefer to avoid him altogether.

Words on the streets speak of an unnamed sponsor looking for bold individuals to help with an assignment in the Tarn Baraed estate. Some rumors mention a retribution, and others hint of an illicit acquisition. Whatever the truth may be, you have, for your own personal reasons, chosen to travel to the Strumm Hills.

If you are interested in joining, sign up on the Game Calendar page at:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=724

lachancery
December 6th, 2011, 03:13
That works for me.
Hey Blackfoot, tried responding to your PM, but your PM box is full. The server is up now, and for a while, if you want to connect tonight.

GunnarGreybeard
December 7th, 2011, 11:58
Great game last night! :)

I've GM'ed this game before in FGII but its been well over a year so this was good refresher. First time I've really had the chance to see the RoleMaster ruleset in action from the player's POV. Good to see how a player "sees" things during the game.

Thanks for the effort and taking the time to do this one lachancery.

lachancery
December 8th, 2011, 05:31
Great game last night! :)

Thanks for the effort and taking the time to do this one lachancery.
Indeed, the game was fun!

I'll set up an evening follow-up of character sheets tips & tricks; I've had a couple of inquiries in that direction.

bpowell
December 12th, 2011, 17:07
I wish to express my thanks for this demo. I was in the Tuesday Dec 6th session. I was impressed with the software as a whole. And again if you wish to have a QA group let me know.

corum Rask
December 13th, 2016, 01:15
Damn I missed it...was away from my computer for a few days and didn't hear about the RMC demo....

Blackfoot
December 13th, 2016, 01:34
You missed it by about 5 years.

bpowell
December 13th, 2016, 01:35
Damn I missed it...was away from my computer for a few days and didn't hear about the RMC demo....

Wow....I am sorry but if you look at the post time this was from 2011.

-BP

bpowell
December 13th, 2016, 02:47
You missed it by about 5 years.

Well, some might say 1,825 is a few. :-)

-BP

Majyk
December 14th, 2016, 08:31
If anything, it might fire up others to launch a new game. ;)