PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Deck

anmay73
November 23rd, 2011, 22:59
Played a offline session last night with the new adventure deck and it added a lot to the game. Was wondering if plans were still in the works to make this a add-on product for the game system?

Thanks
Grey

phantomwhale
November 24th, 2011, 00:08
Glad you asked :)

I've actually got a working beta of the deck coded now, and hoping to have it ready to roll shortly after SWEX 3.2 goes live (which is hopefully happening reaaaaallly soon)

There is one small issue with clients viewing the full-sized card images though, which I am working with Smiteworks to resolve - this could block it for a bit, as it may end up needing an update to the FGII application, unless I can find a workaround.

Once I've got 3.2 out the door, I'll post up a couple of screenshots.

Ben (-PW-)

Doswelk
November 24th, 2011, 10:46
Glad you asked :)
Once I've got 3.2 out the door, I'll post up a couple of screenshots.
I'll sneak one out now of our first session play-testing the adventure deck (been holding to this for a fortnight waiting for PW to admit to this :D)

I've posted an image in the gallery. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=117199&postcount=1)

anmay73
November 24th, 2011, 14:06
Thanks

I'll be waiting for it:square:

anmay73
January 27th, 2012, 16:12
PhantomWhale

Just inquiring about the status of the adventure deck add on.

Thanks

Doswelk
January 27th, 2012, 18:17
I'll give an unofficial answer (as I have been play testing it), it works and it is done....

BUT

A "bug" in 2.8.1 means only the GM can view the cards "full-size" so we are awaiting a fix.

phantomwhale
January 28th, 2012, 00:53
Yep, that's the answer. Haven't found a decent workaround yet :( so basically crossing fingers that moon_wizard can fix the FGII bug.

Dracones
March 1st, 2012, 21:07
Any idea yet when the deck can be released? You might just consider releasing it with with the full sized bug. The GM can still see the cards and it can be updated whenever the next release of FG happens.

Also, any chance the GM can alter what's in the deck?

phantomwhale
March 1st, 2012, 22:58
I'd rather not release a commercial project with a known bug like that - people who buy it and don't frequent the forums would rightfully be quite annoyed.

That said, 2.9 (alpha) became available today, which means I should get a chance next week to test if it fixes the bug that's been blocking the adventure deck's release (and Savage Worlds Deluxe too, although I also need to do a little more work too there).

The deck will be fully configurable, yes. Card will be offered in "bundles" (e.g. basic cards, DLR cards, etc...) for you to select via the options menu. You will also be able to define your own bundles and even your own cards, although the latter will require a little programming work.

Doswelk
March 2nd, 2012, 18:31
I'd rather not release a commercial project with a known bug like that - people who buy it and don't frequent the forums would rightfully be quite annoyed.

That said, 2.9 (alpha) became available today, which means I should get a chance next week to test if it fixes the bug that's been blocking the adventure deck's release (and Savage Worlds Deluxe too, although I also need to do a little more work too there).

I hope it does work I've got to keep my promise and buy this when it is released :D

The deck will be fully configurable, yes. Card will be offered in "bundles" (e.g. basic cards, DLR cards, etc...) for you to select via the options menu. You will also be able to define your own bundles and even your own cards, although the latter will require a little programming work.

Once it is released I'll make a video showing the process I've used to make ones I have done so far...

phantomwhale
March 8th, 2012, 22:08
It looks like 2.9 WILL fix the image sharing issue that was delaying the release of the Adventure Deck.

Now Fantasy Grounds v2.9 is only in Alpha release, so set phasers to "patient", but I'll be getting the final wrinkles ironed out of it and submitting it for final play test and release this month, such that it's ready to go when v2.9 goes live.

Very happy about this, have been keen to get this out for a while now.

Fraxture
March 9th, 2012, 15:52
Ferret War Dance of Happiness!!!

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3537/3361553652_13058a923b.jpg

daddystabz
March 30th, 2012, 16:14
I just picked up the Adventure Deck for my tabletop stuff and love it. I really can't wait to get this going on FG for my Sunday Savage Worlds group! Any updated news on an ETA?

Dracones
March 30th, 2012, 16:23
LOL. *pokes phantomwhale* is it ready yet? *pokes phantomwhale* is it ready yet? *pokes phantomwhale* is it ready yet?

I'd bet 2.9 is still awhile off :/

Any chance there's a chase tool with the SWD edition of the ruleset? We ran into bogged downness when we tried to do a chase scene in FG a couple Sundays back. Chases rock in SW and toolset support would be killer for it.

And... in SWD pen and paper there are a few instances where you hand players tokens as a GM. Mass battles and social conflicts come to mind. Do you think something like that would be viable or easy to do in FG?

Doswelk
March 30th, 2012, 19:08
Any chance there's a chase tool with the SWD edition of the ruleset? We ran into bogged downness when we tried to do a chase scene in FG a couple Sundays back. Chases rock in SW and toolset support would be killer for it.

And... in SWD pen and paper there are a few instances where you hand players tokens as a GM. Mass battles and social conflicts come to mind. Do you think something like that would be viable or easy to do in FG?

DO you have the Deadlands ruleset?

The reason I ask is that we use the Poker Table in that to run chases at the moment.

I have ripped (with PW's help) the poker table out into its own extension for our games for chases, given that it uses code PW wrote for a commercial ruleset I do not think I can share the extension but I can help you create your own version (assuming you have the Deadlands ruleset).

phantomwhale
March 30th, 2012, 23:56
There will be a chase tracker in the SWD release.

I've spent the last two weeks rewriting the SWEX combat tracker to be more open to extension as to be honest, they will have 95% of the same features. I just need the chase tracker to not auto-deal initiative, and allow players to pick a card from 1 or more dealt cards. The card dealing will need to be manually done, given the wide variety of skills and modifiers than can be applied to the chase.

The Adventure Deck and SWD both lean on FGII 2.9 which fixes an image sharing issue and adds functionality such that all the old SWEX links will now open the appropriate pages in the SWD books, so existing PCs, campaigns and modules will continue to have fully linked statistics after the upgrade.

I'm aiming to finish SWD development as 2.9 is ready to go. It's sort of like a race now.