PDA

View Full Version : Card Deck issues - players can't see

AMonkeyWithAFez
November 23rd, 2011, 15:59
I am having an issue with dealing cards from the tool window. I deal out a card and then share out the sheet (card dealing window) and the window appears on the player's screen without the cards... I update sheet, set visibility to the card reshare, reshare the hands... nothing. It worked once then stopped.

Any ideas?

Latest build of FG and SW ruleset 3.1.

phantomwhale
November 24th, 2011, 00:19
It's a bug in the latest version of FGII, where tokens distributed inside the ruleset don't always show up. I've spoken to JPG (main Smiteworks developer) about it a few times, and believe he is actively investigating it for the next version (2.8.2 ?)

This issue will affect both the cards on the initiative tracker and the letter tokens bundled with the ruleset. It will not affect any other tokens added to the campaign or via a module.

The good news is SWEX 3.2 changes the card handling in the initative tracker to add them as "images" rather then "tokens", which works around the bug. It's also pretty much at the end of playtesting now, so I just need to push the release through Smiteworks, so hopefully it's not too far away from official release.

AMonkeyWithAFez
November 24th, 2011, 04:53
Excellent! Thanks for the reply. I should have my first game running in the next week! It will be good to get back to a regular game with my far flung friends.

Looking forward to the next SW release.