PDA

View Full Version : Official Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition Ruleset - In Progress Screenshots

ddavison
November 22nd, 2011, 02:07
This is a work in progress from one of the Devs in the community. We'll be releasing this as an official ruleset, so it will have fully licensed graphics and all the content from the core books available when finished.

Screen 1
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/images/screenshots/MMSketch1.jpg

Screen 2
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/images/screenshots/MMSketch2.jpg

Blackfoot
November 22nd, 2011, 13:57
Isn't Rolemaster Classic already a ruleset?

GunnarGreybeard
November 22nd, 2011, 14:57
Isn't Rolemaster Classic already a ruleset?Yeah. Thinking this is this maybe Shadow World or SpaceMaster?

Blackfoot
November 22nd, 2011, 15:14
This looks more like mutants and masterminds to me...

Ikael
November 22nd, 2011, 15:44
Nothing Rolemaster or Spacemaster here :D. My bet also goes to M&Ms

ddavison
November 23rd, 2011, 01:42
Sorry guys. I had Rolemaster on the brain it seems. It is indeed for Mutants & Masterminds.

GunnarGreybeard
November 23rd, 2011, 15:35
Sorry guys. I had Rolemaster on the brain it seems. It is indeed for Mutants & Masterminds.Hmm, Freudian slip, so does that mean Rolemaster may be getting some work/tweaking done . . . :D

ddavison
November 24th, 2011, 01:16
Nothing in the near term, unfortunately.

StuartW
November 24th, 2011, 07:11
Nice looking graphics, I particularly like the inset data entry fields and the colours/textures used. One point though: I tried semi-transparent windows in an early version of the BRP ruleset, and the FG engine really struggled with it.

Stuart

kairos
November 30th, 2011, 03:45
Is there a ballpark release date for it?

ddavison
December 2nd, 2011, 04:55
Good point Stuart. We'll be sure to test it thoroughly and may end up making some changes to support better performance.

Kairos, we don't yet have an ETA. We are still probably three months out at least I would guess and maybe more.

jaydarkson
January 24th, 2012, 05:37
Looks great! Thank you for finally working on this system! I definitely like the layout and color scheme!

ddavison
February 7th, 2012, 03:14
I just finished a quick round of beta testing for a very functional Mutants & Masterminds ruleset. It's getting very close. Just like most of the rulesets, the attacks, skills, saves, etc are all linked to the dice rolls. Most everything can be dragged from the Heroes Handbook in the library (called The Net here) and dropped on to your character sheet. I'm recommending we drop the transparency on the windows and have a 100% opacity for legibility on stacked windows, but otherwise it looks great.

Here are a few screenshots.

jaydarkson
February 7th, 2012, 03:45
This looks great! My players were really excited when I told them that this was in the works. It will make our FG Mutants & Masterminds game run smoother! :D

Werethunder
February 21st, 2012, 22:45
This is awesome!!! I hope there was something being done with Hero System, but Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Ed. already rocks! Congratulations!

adrian gideon
March 5th, 2012, 02:10
Awesome! Any ETA since the last round of tests?

Andrepartthree
March 9th, 2012, 15:36
Want to add my comments to the list of kudo's this is awesome ! :) I've been hoping forever an "official" (heck even unofficial :P ) mutants and masterminds ruleset would come out .. thank you so much for working on this there are going to be a lot of very appreciative people :)

DrakosDJ
March 10th, 2012, 05:12
Add my voice to the chorus of anticipation.

trialaccess
March 24th, 2012, 10:11
How is the ruleset looking DDavison? It looks amazing so far! My group is really looking forward to trying this one out!

ddavison
March 24th, 2012, 21:37
It is basically functionally complete at this time. It will take some more time to wrap up all the library module content from the core rulebook. It will need to go through some QA and revisions after that stage is complete.

Werethunder
March 25th, 2012, 19:06
Alright! Take your time! We are all anxious for a good product!!
It is good to count on people like you!:-)

Andrepartthree
April 1st, 2012, 18:44
It is basically functionally complete at this time. It will take some more time to wrap up all the library module content from the core rulebook. It will need to go through some QA and revisions after that stage is complete.

awesome ! Will be purchasing it soon as it's available :)

Andrepartthree
April 1st, 2012, 18:50
Just a thought - any way of convincing the green ronin people (the publishers of mutants and masterminds) to put a link up to fantasy grounds on their website advertising the creation of the Fantasy Grounds Mutants and Masterminds ruleset? Maybe spin it as something like " A great option for those who can't find local gamers in their area " (which is a problem that has haunted all gamers looking for "local real life" players at one point or another)? Forgive me if this is a "stupid noob" question, I have no idea if there's any licensing snafu's or what not that would prevent FG and/or Green Ronin from doing so..

ddavison
April 7th, 2012, 01:31
I just finished testing the latest draft of M&M, which included the Heroes Handbook. I really like the organization within the library module. We encountered a few missing items from the book... but otherwise it is very nearly there.

One feature I'm really hoping to have included is the ability to drag a hero archetype sample directly to the Player Character window to have it pre-fill a sample character. This should make it easier to do character creation since you can start from the archetype and just modify to taste.

ddavison
April 7th, 2012, 01:32
Andrepartthree, we can always ask. We've had some of our publishers post links to Fantasy Grounds and the various modules on their sites in the past.

Olodrin
April 14th, 2012, 20:54
3 questions

Estimated time of completion?
When finished, where can I buy it?
How much will it cost?

DarkChilde
April 26th, 2012, 18:40
I'm really looking forward to this! Just got my DC Adventures RPG books and this would be great timing if the rules set were to come out soon(tm)

ShadowGriffon
May 18th, 2012, 14:56
I am looking forward to this release.

Olodrin
May 18th, 2012, 22:40
So am I; I hope things are progressing, it's been a while since we had an update.

ddavison
May 20th, 2012, 03:08
ETA is still a little tough to pinpoint at this time. The GM library module hadn't been started when I tested on 4/6, so that could still take some time. Most of the issues I found with the Player side were pretty minor though, so I'm hoping it will be less than a month to get the revisions and the GM module finished and then another two weeks to conduct the final test and polish. I'm not doing the development on this, though, so it's all conjecture at this point.

When it is done, you'll be able to buy directly from the FG Store or from RPGNow or DriveThruRPG -- possibly from Green Ronin as well. We will be at Gen Con in the booth adjacent to Green Ronin, so we hope to have it ready before then for sure.

kairos
May 20th, 2012, 03:14
Are there plans for HeroLab integration?

Olodrin
May 20th, 2012, 22:06
Cool, that's very helpful; my group is looking to branch out from 4e, and a July/August timeline will work well for current campaign wrap-up. Thanks for the update!

LuckyRob
June 24th, 2012, 10:53
I'll happily add this to my shopping cart when finished. Go! Go! Go!

:)

DrakosDJ
June 25th, 2012, 04:50
sounds like it will be arounf the 2nd or 3rd week in July. Just in time for my birthday :p

ddavison
June 25th, 2012, 04:55
See the other post in the new M&M forum. This is now available. Be sure to check out the final screenshots (you may need to load non-secure content.)

DrakosDJ
June 26th, 2012, 08:06
Cool, earlier than I expected.

Question: Has there been any thought into an interface to allow the import of characterd from the Hero Labs M&M3 character creator?

kairos
June 27th, 2012, 01:29
Cool, earlier than I expected.

Question: Has there been any thought into an interface to allow the import of characterd from the Hero Labs M&M3 character creator?

This would make my gaming life fairly complete. I notice there's one for 3.5 in Hero Lab.

ddavison
June 27th, 2012, 03:06
It will probably depend on the popularity and the installed user base. It's a bit of a "chicken and egg" problem though because having it would increase sales somewhat, but doing it without the sales to support it wouldn't be a wise investment of resources either.

After a week or so of sales, it should be pretty clear if the market is going to be large enough to support it. Sales are off to a slower start than expected though, in comparison to other rulesets we've released in the past.

kairos
June 27th, 2012, 03:10
Sales are off to a slower start than expected though, in comparison to other rulesets we've released in the past.

This is a big holiday/vacation period in the states. Could be having an impact on initial pickup.

sukEEt
June 13th, 2014, 09:56
i have the ruleset, i just can't use the hero's guide. when i log on to the net, it doesn't give me an option to open modules ... what do i do?

Moon Wizard
June 13th, 2014, 10:18
The Module Activation window is available by clicking the button on the desktop with the book icon, right next to the character selection button.

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
February 28th, 2015, 20:16
I just finished a quick round of beta testing for a very functional Mutants & Masterminds ruleset. It's getting very close. Just like most of the rulesets, the attacks, skills, saves, etc are all linked to the dice rolls. Most everything can be dragged from the Heroes Handbook in the library (called The Net here) and dropped on to your character sheet. I'm recommending we drop the transparency on the windows and have a 100% opacity for legibility on stacked windows, but otherwise it looks great.

Here are a few screenshots.Question: How does one make use of the large image box on the character sheet? (as seen in this post)

viresanimi
February 28th, 2015, 23:27
Its a token field, as far as I recall. So you need to drop the image you want there as a token.

Vires Animi

Blackfoot
February 28th, 2015, 23:30
Really? There are 2 token fields on a character sheet? I'm not sure I get that.

sukEEt
February 28th, 2015, 23:32
one is a super-special, full portrait ... the other is a pog

in case you want to design a full body costume, and completely dork out

Blackfoot
February 28th, 2015, 23:38
So the one that gets dropped into the combat tracker is the pog.. unless the GM does something funky?

viresanimi
March 1st, 2015, 00:56
Yeah... the "normal" token goes to the combat tracker. The other one, just sits there and makes your charactersheet pretty.

Vires Animi

DrakosDJ
March 2nd, 2015, 04:17
Yeah, I actually like the large portrait for the sheet. I always did the same for any printout character sheet as well.

Blackfoot
March 2nd, 2015, 04:18
It's kinda silly of course since its 'only for you'.

Trenloe
March 2nd, 2015, 15:06
It's kinda silly of course since its 'only for you'.
And the GM. I think it's a nice touch.

pauljmendoza
December 1st, 2015, 20:28
I just wanted to say, I still like this thing a lot. Getting some mileage from it still.

bawsr
December 1st, 2015, 21:31
I purchased it.. Now I just have to fit it in against all the DND 5e I am running :D It looks decent.

DrakosDJ
December 2nd, 2015, 04:43
I agree that it is a decent ruleset. Of course there is room for enhancements, but it still gets the job done. My one big request would be an updated version that is built off of the 3.0+ ruleset incorporating those enhancements.

Redemption77
January 24th, 2016, 01:29
Ive owned this ruleset for almost a year now. Played quite a bit of mutants and masterminds and would love to see this get the upgrade to the new version of FG.

damned
January 24th, 2016, 01:52
Ive owned this ruleset for almost a year now. Played quite a bit of mutants and masterminds and would love to see this get the upgrade to the new version of FG.

I hear a rumour that this might be getting some more love.... these things take a long time though.

Redemption77
January 24th, 2016, 18:55
Damned you and your teasing is horrible! Dont play with my emotions!!

pauljmendoza
January 24th, 2016, 19:44
Nice news!!

DrakosDJ
January 25th, 2016, 04:24
I've owned it since it launched, and I second the bid to port it to the latest Core.

viresanimi
January 25th, 2016, 05:45
Damned, you're such a tease! I would love to see the M&M ruleset updated.

Vires Animi