PDA

View Full Version : CoC Dice Tower

Insanity
November 21st, 2011, 00:09
Is there an existing extension to add a Dice Tower to the CoC Ruleset. My group and I are somewhat interested having one.

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2011, 00:45
There used to be an old extension called TheBox that was generic.

The new dice tower code in 3.5E and 4E is more integrated to support all the various dice roll types and handling the results specific to each system. However, if someone were adventurous, you could pull the bits you needed from one of those rulesets to make a generic extension using just the "dice" roll type.

Cheers,
JPG

StuartW
November 26th, 2011, 13:49
I think the BRP ruleset has a secret dice box, so that might be added to a future release of CoC quite easily.

Stuart

Insanity
November 27th, 2011, 21:47
Yes, I have found the box recently, and got into the ruleset, however there is one problem. When dragging the skill, or sanity check dice into the box, it does not roll just a d100, it rolls a d100+d10+0, so three dice get thrown. The 10s, and 1s of the d100, plus a d10. I think it is due to somewhere in the CoC ruleset where the dicethrown for these is defined as d100, d10 and the box is breaking the d100 into two dice, and then the d10 is an extra d10. I will get around to posting code perhaps in the Workshop.

I've pm the writer of the TheBox, but his profile shows he hasn't been here in over a year, and his website link is dead as well.

Insanity
January 24th, 2012, 15:53
Okay, first attempt at a Dice Tower extension for CoC.

Based on TheBox by Dachannien, and with help from Dakadin.

Attached some screenshots, showing what the Dice Tower looks like, before, and when dropping dice, and what the chat window shows.

The extension is attached as well.

Blue Haven
January 24th, 2012, 15:58
Amazing :D very nice and cool pic eh eh
Thanks

Insanity
January 24th, 2012, 17:30
Thinking that maybe the elder sign in the chat window may need to be a bit smaller.

phantomwhale
January 24th, 2012, 22:40
Nice work - I'd certainly shrink it a little though !!!

Blue Haven
January 25th, 2012, 12:08
Way smaller friend ;) that's too big :)

Insanity
January 26th, 2012, 04:09
Reload with smaller icon
Original was 85x68 px
New one is 60x48 px

zackspacks
January 27th, 2012, 09:06
Great stuff mate ! Good to see some activity on here with this ruleset
Cheers
Paul

Insanity
March 28th, 2012, 21:44
Revised extension, there was a bug that was not allowing players to create new notes.

It has been fixed.

Ahh...I've changed the image in this one, but changing it is rather easy.

Blue Haven
March 30th, 2012, 21:57
Thank you so much :D

Insanity
March 31st, 2012, 04:32
No worries.

If you wish to change the images, it fairly simple.
Extract the extension using WinRar or such.

Look for the "graphics" folder, inside are 4 images;
dicetower.png
dicetower_drop.png
dicetower_icon.png
dicetower_normal.png

dicetower.png is simply the base image I used to make the other three.

dicetower_drop.png and dicetower_normal.png are the images where the dice are dragged. Both are 120x118 pixels, they can be larger or smaller, but this is what I used.

dicetower_icon.png is the icon that shows in the chat window, it is 60x59 pixels. Again, could be any size, but this size seems to be best.

So long as you rename your files to match these, it should work fine.

Blue Haven
April 2nd, 2012, 20:39
Bah no way the ones you made are so cool ;P
Thanks one more time :)

phild
April 24th, 2013, 13:30
I'm interested in picking up the CoC ruleset. Is this integrated with it now, or still a community extra?

Insanity
April 24th, 2013, 16:58
This is a separate extension and not an intergrated part of the ruleset.
The images can be changed if desired.

littleo
August 25th, 2013, 05:37
To install the dice tower into my COC ruleset, what do I do with the extension file? Do my players need to do anything? Thanks much.
Mike D

This is a separate extension and not an intergrated part of the ruleset.
The images can be changed if desired.

Trenloe
August 25th, 2013, 07:07
To install the dice tower into my COC ruleset, what do I do with the extension file? Do my players need to do anything? Thanks much.
Copy the .ext file to yor <FG App data Folder>\extensions directory.

Then, when you are selecting your CoC campaign to load you should see this in the extension list - select it before starting your campaign.

Insanity
August 25th, 2013, 14:42
Trenloe is correct.

Add the file to your \extensions directory. When you go to start your game, make sure you select it from the list.
Please note that it is only visible to players, so the Keeper will have no visual clue it is active.
I could add a line in the chat script that gives out a statement.

mbabbs
January 7th, 2014, 12:23
This doesnt seem to work properly for me, although I may be doing something wrong. I am using FG 3.0.1

I select it in the extensions when I load the campaign and start. The GM's UI then appears. I then start another instance of FG and join the game. I can see the maw so thats great, but when I put a die into it a value is not displayed to the GM - both UI's just display the type of die used and "+ 0". For example - "d10 + 0"

...like I said I may be missing something....

Ok maybe I am missing something as the output in teh GM's window seems to match that in the screenshots on the first page. Do you only get real values when real players join the game?

Trenloe
January 7th, 2014, 13:03
This doesnt seem to work properly for me, although I may be doing something wrong. I am using FG 3.0.1
The dice tower is now included in FG 3.0 - you don't need the extension anymore.

mbabbs
January 7th, 2014, 13:29
Really? I dont see a dice tower when I load as a player in the CoC desktop.

Is there something I need to configure?

Trenloe
January 7th, 2014, 14:17
Really? I dont see a dice tower when I load as a player in the CoC desktop.

Is there something I need to configure?
The GM needs to turn it on in the campaign Settings -> Game (GM) -> Table: Dice Tower = On

mbabbs
January 7th, 2014, 14:21
This is possible in the other desktops, but I dont see that setting in the CoC Desktop.

Could you show me a screenshot? Sorry to be a pain.

Trenloe
January 7th, 2014, 14:25
It's there in mine.

What version of CoC are you using? When you start a campaign you should see a message in the chat window saying it is V3.0.1 (as shown in the screenshot below). The screenshot also shows the option the GM needs to set to enable the dice tower, which is only visible on the player side.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Coc%20301%20dice%20tower.JPG

mbabbs
January 7th, 2014, 14:28
I bought CoC yesterday and installed it so I assume its the latest. However I do not see a version number displayed anywhere. The only version I see is v3.0.1 when I start up FG.

...your screenshot has just loaded and yes it is different to mine. So basically I seem to have bought and installed an old version :(

The CoC installer is dated 12/06/2009 and is version 1.0.34. Running update does nothing.

Trenloe
January 7th, 2014, 14:50
From you screenshot above it looks like you have the old version of the ruleset.

Assuming you bought the ruleset from the FG store in this website, you can update to the latest by:

Open Fantasy Grounds and on the first screen press the "Settings" button.
In the "User Name" section press the "Update" button and fill in your FG website user name and password, press the "login" button.
The settings screen should then show a list of the products you own - the CoC ruleset is DGA070.
Press OK to close the settings window and go to the update window.
Press the "Update" button and you should see at some point the Call of Cthulgu ruleset being downloaded.

See this post for a screenshot of the settings screen with the CoC ruleset highlighted: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19233-Testers-for-updated-Cthulhu-ruleset&p=164820&viewfull=1#post164820

mbabbs
January 7th, 2014, 14:53
Get that man a beer !

Yes that worked, thanks.