PDA

View Full Version : Macintosh

zapoqx
November 20th, 2011, 18:39
First, I want to make it clear I'm not using a mac, so detailed instructions would help on this.
One of my friends is using Fantasy Grounds 2 with Crossover. Now I need a file from her to get a character recovered. However, we ran across an issue where she can't seem to get it. She said she found the Fantasy Grounds folder, but it seems she is getting some error about there is no known Windows program that can open it or something.
So if anyone has a mac, can anyone provide instructions on how to get to the FG2 app data folder itself so that she can get to the cache folder to get the campaign.dat file in a cache folder?

saithan
November 20th, 2011, 18:53
the cache is encrypted. you will not be able to recover the character that way as far as I know.
some times due to errors FG will create a backup of the db.xml inside the campaign folder on the GM side. you can look in the GMs campaign folder and see if there is a backup. if there is you may be able to recover the character from there by switching the backup for the current running db.xml

hope for the best.

zapoqx
November 20th, 2011, 20:14
ah no. The cache is slightly recoverable according to JPG as I did do it (Found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15648)). I'm just trying to recover everyone's character files since the DM pretty much got hit with a bad virus and had to be forced to do a format (that is another story). So as this particular player uses a Mac and I mainly have experience with Windows and a little with Linux, it kinda makes being the "techy" of the group a little difficult when I can't even figure out where exactly the person needs to go to get to the app data of Fantasy Grounds 2 :P

Side note, I did figure out I think that the reason for her error was she went to the app data folder shortcut that is usually created for Windows.

Zeus
November 20th, 2011, 20:41
Assuming a standard installation, Crossover will store Bottle information in the User's Library, specificaly in:

/Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<Name of Bottle>

User Application Data folders can be found in:

/Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<Name of Bottle>/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds II

Fantasy Grounds Program Folder can be found in:

/Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<Name of Bottle>/drive_c/Program Files/Fantasy Grounds II

saithan
November 20th, 2011, 21:17
never seen that post. that can definetly be handy info

zapoqx
November 20th, 2011, 22:29
well hopefully, that post helps, I won't know until later though due to circumstances beyond my control right now. Though I did just want to pop in to show that I didn't disappear :) Thanks Z!