PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Complete Paizo Spell Module

Trenloe
November 18th, 2011, 13:53

Updated 5th December:

Spells now listed in 3 different lists - All spells, spells by sourcebook and spells by Spell User Class/Level
Module changed from host (db.xml) to client so that players can use it both in games and in manage characters - brings it in line with the PF spellbook supplied with the 3.5E ruleset.
Changed the thumbnail from the Ultimate Combat rulebook cover to the community use Pathfinder RPG logo.

This is now a quite large module - you may experience a delay of a few seconds opening the module on older computers...

All Paizo published spells based on the D20PFSRD.COM spells DB D20PFSRD spells DB (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spells-db)

Spells are drawn from: Andoran, AP 29, AP 30, AP 32, AP 35, AP 38, AP 41, AP 42, AP 44, AP 46, AP 50, APG, Book of the Dammed V1, Book of the Damned V2, Cheliax Empire Of Devils, Classic Treasures, Dungeons Of Golarion, DwarvesOfGolarion, Faction Guide, Faiths Of Balance, Faiths Of Corruption, Faiths Of Purity, Gnomes, Goblins Of Golarion, Horsemen Of The Apocalypse, Inner Sea Magic, Inner Sea World Guide, Orcs of Golarion, Paizo Blog, Pathfinder Society Field Guide, PFRPG Core, Rival Guide, Sargava, Ultimate Combat & Ultimate Magic.

Some of the spell descriptions have minor formatting issues - this is due to errors in the formatted description downloaded from D20PFSRD. I'll try and update most of them in future...

Please give it a test - add them to your characters and see if they work OK.

Aristotle
November 29th, 2011, 22:50
Very cool that you've made a parser. I actually used excel to parse the d20pfsrd databases (my spells module is in my sig). I found a lot of errors/issues that I needed to go in and manually edit though, as well as tables for all of the summoning spells, etc..

Very cool to have some additional support for Pathfinder from within the community. Thanks for your hard work!

Trenloe
December 5th, 2011, 07:18
Version 1.0.0.15 updated 5th December:

Spells now listed in 3 different lists - All spells, spells by sourcebook and spells by Spell User Class/Level
Module changed from host (db.xml) to client so that players can use it both in games and in manage characters - brings it in line with the PF spellbook supplied with the 3.5E ruleset.
Changed the thumbnail from the Ultimate Combat rulebook cover to the community use Pathfinder RPG logo.

This is now a quite large module - you may experience a delay of a few seconds opening the module on older computers...

Let me know how it goes.

madman
February 9th, 2012, 14:07
Hey Trenloe, I was creating a Wizard the other day and was wondering if there was an easy way to add another way to sort the spells (By School).

And on a side note was wondering if you have gotten anywhere with a feat parser.

Chris

Trenloe
February 9th, 2012, 15:00
Hey Trenloe, I was creating a Wizard the other day and was wondering if there was an easy way to add another way to sort the spells (By School).
It could be done, but the main problem is that this is already a huge module (taking up lots of resources inside FG) - adding any more indexes actually takes up a lot of space and processing power on the machine that opens it and I'm concerned that some people's PCs may struggle to process it with more indexes.

And on a side note was wondering if you have gotten anywhere with a feat parser.
I looked at doing this, and the quick way would be to use the database from d20pfsrd.com (which is what I did for spells and magic items). However, that database is not that detailed - it doesn't have the full feat description in. So, I kinda came to a halt, when I realised there wasn't a quick way to make a complete feat module.

Of course, I could provide a parser that parses a set format (like the creature parser) and leave people to do copy/paste out of their chosen PDFs...

madman
February 9th, 2012, 16:17
SCREAMS OUT PLEASE!

I will do the work on my own to share with everyone.
would love to see a spell and feat parser just like the creature parser. I know there are tons of cool feats and spells that people would add to their games if they had an easier way to do it.

Chris

Trenloe
February 12th, 2012, 23:22
I will do the work on my own to share with everyone.
would love to see a spell and feat parser just like the creature parser. I know there are tons of cool feats and spells that people would add to their games if they had an easier way to do it.
When I started writing the spell parser I designed it to read 2 different formats:

A TAB seperated list downloaded from d20pfsrd.com
A spell statblock (copied out of a PDF).

When I realised that all Paizo spells were in the d20pfsrd.com data I stopped working on the spell statblock.

I could try and pull that together, but it's not going to be for a while as I will be on secondment working in the US for 3 months from next week and I have to pack and organise my life in Australia in less than 1 week!

madman
February 13th, 2012, 06:38
No problem here, You will do what you can, I know. If that takes months so be it, would be a great tool when or if it comes. I am just excited cause as you know a parser takes tons of the work out of the stuff I already do by hand.

Thanks again

Chris

bnason
May 30th, 2012, 19:15
Not to dreg up an old thread - but Trenloe, wondering if the parser you use to scrape spell statblocks (and items?) is something that you mind/can share, like your creature parser? I've been using the creature parser quite a bit for HL exports and its fantastic. Would love to see an easier way to get item/spell data out of some Companion/Chronicle books I'm using, than so much copying/pasting.

Cheers - thanks in advance and sorry for the ninja-post on the 2.9 thread (duh!)

Trenloe
May 31st, 2012, 01:12
Not to dreg up an old thread - but Trenloe, wondering if the parser you use to scrape spell statblocks (and items?) is something that you mind/can share, like your creature parser? I've been using the creature parser quite a bit for HL exports and its fantastic. Would love to see an easier way to get item/spell data out of some Companion/Chronicle books I'm using, than so much copying/pasting.
The spell and item parsers were very quick and dirty efforts that basically used the database exports from d20pfsrd.com. I keep meaning to spend some time and neaten them up and make them presentable - and right a feat parser (Madman keeps asking for one). I'll see what I can do sometime in the near(ish) future in terms of getting something usable out...

Cheers - thanks in advance and sorry for the ninja-post on the 2.9 thread (duh!)
No worries. :)

bnason
May 31st, 2012, 16:14
Gotcha' - the SRD is handy. I'm spoiled from 4e, really - I'm converting over to Pathfinder after a few aborted 4e sessions, but 4e was so easy to prep. with Tenian's parser and a DDI account. That thing is utter magic.

Not really necessary to have everything in a FG2 library - but I find creating content to be so much easier when you can quickly and easily import in from a PDF (and Paizo's PDFs are so easy to use), parse, and load in as a module. A feat scraper is a great idea by the way - would save a lot of manual entry with all of the great feats available in the Ultimate books, bestiaries, and APG.

Bidmaron
October 14th, 2012, 16:30
Tenloe, any possibility you could post your code so someone might take a stab at doing this?

cry8wolf9
February 28th, 2016, 23:19
this list is amazing but is there any way to sort it by school?

Trenloe
February 29th, 2016, 00:12
is there any way to sort it by school?
Not at present. I made a deliberate decision not to go that way as it added additional complexity into the parsing and (the more important one) it increased the size of the module significantly - resulting in a very large increase in memory use.

Maybe in a future release when memory handling in FG is not such an issue.

Mortar
February 29th, 2016, 00:56
It is an amazing list, but I bet he forgot one or two :p

Trenloe
February 29th, 2016, 01:24
It is an amazing list, but I bet he forgot one or two :p
Maybe... but only if the database is missing them. ;)

You also might want to use the more up-to-date one: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26238-Updated-Complete-Paizo-Spells-Module