PDA

View Full Version : Updating all the time

Warden
November 14th, 2011, 10:04
Every time I try to launch my FGII it keeps updating. I've tried it loads of time but nothing doing.

I've gone into the start menu and tried both icons, the updater and the FG II, but it's still just updating.

I can't seem to locate what version I've got either as it just goes into update mode whenever I click something.

I recognise some of the readout, and it definitely seems to be cycling through a few updates.

Any ideas?

Trenloe
November 14th, 2011, 11:32
Try running the update outside of Fantasy Grounds and "Run as Administrator" - this may allow it to complete successfully.

Details in this post here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=115214&postcount=6)

damned
November 14th, 2011, 11:38
if you are running an unregisterred version it wont update - you need to download whole new version again

Warden
November 14th, 2011, 12:57
I bought it quite a while ago, so perhaps I'll try both suggestions

Thanks

Warden
November 14th, 2011, 13:34
I just downloaded the latedt installer, copy pasted in my key. It started installing and I got some error message. I clicked ignore and it continued to install.

When it finished I tried launching, but all it's doing is updating, every time.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Cs5m_S9DAVs/TsEVgLcvlkI/AAAAAAAAADU/MuYzSnbTUCQ/s509/error%252520msg.JPG

Warden
November 14th, 2011, 13:41
Apparently there was a programme running in memory that I couldn't delete. After a reboot I got rid of it and it seems to be working now.

Thanks all

Trenloe
November 14th, 2011, 13:41
I just downloaded the latedt installer, copy pasted in my key. It started installing and I got some error message. I clicked ignore and it continued to install.

When it finished I tried launching, but all it's doing is updating, every time.

Uninstall the current installation of Fantasy Grounds.
Run the latest installer - if you are on Vista or Windows 7: right-click and select "Run As Administrator"
If the install works OK - run Fantasy Grounds. If you are on Vista or Windows 7: right-click and select "Run As Administrator"

To do an installation and/or update the application needs to be able to change files in the Fantasy Grounds installation folder - in Visa and Windows 7 this is restricted. Starting Fantasy Grounds by right-click -> "Run as Administrator" will allow FG to change files (needed to update).