PDA

View Full Version : Forums question: Mark all posts as read?

JFK
November 13th, 2011, 16:23
Hello,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but is there a way to mark all forum posts as read? The posts accumulate so much that when I come seeking new posts each visit, it can become cluttered quickly.

Not gravely important, obviously, but I couldn't find a way to do it.

Thanks!

JFK

Mellock
November 13th, 2011, 17:08
Sure, at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/community/ just scroll to the bottom. Beneath the last forum, and above the buttons for the calendar and affiliates is the link that says "Mark all forums read"

Hope this helps!

JFK
November 13th, 2011, 17:45
Wow, how did I fail to see that? Thanks for the swift answer.

JFK

StuartW
November 14th, 2011, 17:45
It doesn't work for me on Win7 64bit using IE9, and doesn't always work on my iPad2, using Safari. I think the Win7/IE9 issue is a known problem with vBulletin.

Stuart

Doswelk
November 14th, 2011, 18:48
It doesn't work for me on Win7 64bit using IE9, and doesn't always work on my iPad2, using Safari. I think the Win7/IE9 issue is a known problem with vBulletin.

Stuart

Which I why I use Windows 8 and Firefox :D

StuartW
November 14th, 2011, 20:25
Which I why I use Windows 8 and Firefox :D

:rolleyes:

joshuha
November 14th, 2011, 20:46
Or if you use Chrome there is a Mark Forums Read link in the menu at the top between New Posts and Log Out. Why it doesn't show up in FF or IE I have no idea.

Doswelk
November 14th, 2011, 22:10
Or if you use Chrome there is a Mark Forums Read link in the menu at the top between New Posts and Log Out. Why it doesn't show up in FF or IE I have no idea.

Weird! That's browser compatibility for you! :p

JFK
November 16th, 2011, 01:48
I just realized the reason I didn't see the 'mark all read'. It isn't there on a 'New Posts' results page. It seems to be only present on the main Forums page.

JFK

Doswelk
November 18th, 2011, 10:36
As Joshua pointed out that option is there.... but only in Chrome.

(Must admit I may switch to Chrome the blink and Firefox has a new version number is driving me up the wall for buggering up the commercial plug-ins I have.)