PDA

View Full Version : Mask mode not saving maps I mask

crazz2323
November 12th, 2011, 15:11
I prepped a campaign, masked the areas on the maps in the campaign so when I initially load them for an encounter, the areas on that map are already pre-masked. I realized that after I closed the map, it did not save my masks. I am using the first adventure from War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass.

I know I have pre-masked maps before and had them load up with the sample adventure that came with FG2 so what has changed? All my masking is gone on all the maps. I am using DrZeuss' map layer add-on. I used it in my other adventure that worked as well.

If I load one of the maps now, mask it then close the map and reopen it, the mask is gone.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2011, 15:27
Yeah, the code in a recent version of DrZeuss's Enhanced Images extension removes the mask when you re-open the image. I found this during converting the extension to 3.5E - the "image.setMaskEnabled(false);" code in the syncToImageMask() function in the imagewindow.lua file deletes the mask. So, if you want to hack the extension yourself, just comment out the image.setMaskEnabled(false) code.

Unfortunately, this won't give you back the masks you've already lost, but it will keep any masks you make moving forward.

crazz2323
November 12th, 2011, 16:48
Thanks. How could I edit the .ext file exactly? Just open it in notepad per chance? What if I just disable the enhanced images extension all together? Will it screw up my already place tokens and maps?

Zeus
November 12th, 2011, 22:30
@crazz232: I'll be patching the extension with a fix later this week. In the interim, you can make the change as highlighted above by Trenloe by unzipping the extension (using WinZIP or similar tool) and editing the uncompressed scripts/imagewindow.lua file.