PDA

View Full Version : Dr Zeuss's Enhanced Images Extention for FG 3.0 V0.1

Trenloe
November 10th, 2011, 10:28
Thanks so much to DrZeuss for agreeing to me to convert his fantastic enhanced images extension from the 4E to the FG CoreRPG ruleset (should be compatible with most rulesets based on CoreRPG).

New version (V0.1.1) - Quick and dirty conversion to allow the extension to work in FG 3.0:

V0.1.1 - FG 3.0 operational. Ensure you are running FG 3.0.1+.

Note:

Mask mode only works on the base layer.
Drawing (and hence erasing) only work on the top (play) layer.
Players only have access to the top (play) layer so add PC/NPC tokens to the top layer only. If PB/NPC tokens are added on other layers players won't be able to move their tokens and perform targeting.
Targetting "operates" for the GM on all layers but this can cause issues - ensure GM targeting is only done on the top layer. A restriction to allow targeting on the top layer only will be added soon.

Old version. Fixes in 1.42:

Players can now use the targeting buttons on the image.

Known Issues in 1.42:

Panning using middle mouse button/scroll wheel doesn't work. Players panning an image using the middle mouse button/holding down the scroll wheel will only move the tokens & grid in the top layer - not the map. When the map is moved this top layer will snap back to it's original position.
Often when an image is shared to the players or the player opens an image it will display the top left corner at zoom level 1. Work around is for the GM to "Synch Client View" after sharing and for the players to not close the image window.
Sometimes when a player opens an image from their image list (not being directly shared by the GM) they will only see the bottom layer - no tokens/grid. Workaround - close the image and open it again or ask the GM to re-share and synch the image.

See details on the extention development here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14916)

Old FG 2.9.4 2.5e extension: 3639

ZorxPotz
November 10th, 2011, 15:22
Thereīs very likely little chance that I will use this extensions in the near future (due to not being part of any game right now) but I simply wanted to say thank you so much Trenloe for all effort you put into this lately (like the language ext.!) for the benefit of the community here.

Thatīs awesome. Hats off!

And btw, also thanks to Dr Z. whithout whom that would have not been possible!

:)

Zeus
November 10th, 2011, 18:55
Great stuff Trenloe, glad you were able to make the conversion. As for masks, they should be saved in between sessions, I think this is a bug from my code so i will look to address in the near future.

viresanimi
November 10th, 2011, 21:02
This is great. Thanks so much for making it.

Vires Animi

Trenloe
November 11th, 2011, 02:25
As for masks, they should be saved in between sessions, I think this is a bug from my code so i will look to address in the near future.

I think the issue revolves around not being able to add a mask to the play_image imagecontrol. I've had a look and I can't seem to be able to get a mask initialising on any layer other than the base layer ("image" imagecontrol). I've noticed that the Layers -> Enter Mask Mode radial menu command is only available on the Background layer, so I'm wondering if there is some code built into the FG application that only allows masking on the imagecontrol that contains the actual image? I'm pretty new to customising FG, so I might be barking up the wrong tree here...

Actually, I've just re-read post #1 in the 4E thread and you mention: "Due to limitations with the way FGII currently handles image masks. Masking of images is currently limited to the bottom layer only. JPG and I have discussed the limitations and JPG is currently investigating/assessing API changes required." So, I wasn't going mad - and I was barking up the right tree! :D

Therefore, all we can do at the moment is add a mask to the background layer. Then when the image is closed and opened again the "image.setMaskEnabled(false);" code in syncToImageMask() deletes the mask. So, I've commented out that line for the meantime and the mask is maintained on the background layer. Change made to V0.2 - download in post #1 updated.

thrylax
August 18th, 2012, 17:34
Any chance of getting this extension updated? Having issues with not being able to scroll maps and the image closing button "X" also does not appear.
Thanks for the extension by the way.....its great.

Trenloe
August 19th, 2012, 16:53
Updated version in the original post - converted from DrZeuss's V1.41 update.

Thanks to DrZeuss for the 4E development and his permission to convert for 3.5E. This one was easy to convert. :)

lachancery
January 6th, 2013, 06:30
I did not see this question asked or answered, so here goes and may it help others later who may try to have a similar functionality:

I have set up tokens on the features and/or background layer of a map that mark noteworthy information. When the player discover the information, I toggle the token visibility to display it to them on the map.

I have dragged descriptions on these tokens, and when I (as GM) hover these tokens, a tool tip pops up to display the descriptions. Unfortunately, the players only have access to the play layer, and while the tokens from the lower layers are displayed to them when I make them visible, hovering the tokens while the play layer is selected does not display the tool tip.

Is there anyway to get the tool tip to display to players for tokens placed on the features or background layers?

Thanks!

PS: It's a fantastic extension, thanks very much!

Trenloe
January 6th, 2013, 18:06
I have set up tokens on the features and/or background layer of a map that mark noteworthy information. When the player discover the information, I toggle the token visibility to display it to them on the map.

I have dragged descriptions on these tokens, and when I (as GM) hover these tokens, a tool tip pops up to display the descriptions. Unfortunately, the players only have access to the play layer, and while the tokens from the lower layers are displayed to them when I make them visible, hovering the tokens while the play layer is selected does not display the tool tip.

Is there anyway to get the tool tip to display to players for tokens placed on the features or background layers?
You'll notice that the GM doesn't have access to tooltips unless the image/map layer is currently on the layer with the token - on the "play" layer the tooltips for lower layer tokens won't show even to the GM. As the players only have access to the "play" layer then this is also true for them - they can't access the lower layers so they can't see the tooltips of tokens on lower levels.

This is fundamentally how the extension works - blocking access to tokens on layers you are not currently on (for GMs) and for layers other than "play" (for players).

I don't know enough about it to see if this could be changed for tooltips, but I'm guessing not as it would require giving access to the token control itself to be able to display the tooltip. Giving access to the token control would allow players to interact with it and so break the layer functionality.

Trenloe
January 16th, 2013, 21:19
There is an updated extension version (1.42) available for download in the first post.

Fixes in 1.42:

Players can now use the targeting buttons on the image.

Known Issues in 1.42:

Panning using middle mouse button/scroll wheel doesn't work. Players panning an image using the middle mouse button/holding down the scroll wheel will only move the tokens & grid in the top layer - not the map. When the map is moved this top layer will snap back to it's original position.
Often when an image is shared to the players or the player opens an image it will display the top left corner at zoom level 1. Work around is for the GM to "Synch Client View" after sharing and for the players to not close the image window.
Sometimes when a player opens an image from their image list (not being directly shared by the GM) they will only see the bottom layer - no tokens/grid. Workaround - close the image and open it again or ask the GM to re-share and synch the image.

hawkwind
January 17th, 2013, 07:51
good work, I use this extension a lot

CrimsonCrust
January 20th, 2013, 17:35
I am confused on how this works :( Could someone enlighten me? Or send me a PM since this is probably a easy to figure out thing and I am just a nob. lol

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust

Trenloe
January 20th, 2013, 17:51
I am confused on how this works :( Could someone enlighten me? Or send me a PM since this is probably a easy to figure out thing and I am just a nob. lol

Thanks,

CrimsonCrust
See the video in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=114668&postcount=62

CrimsonCrust
January 20th, 2013, 18:03
Thanks Trenloe. You are always the man. You should change your name to 'hero of FG.'

LoL

Thanks again man.

CrimsonCrust

tahl_liadon
February 13th, 2013, 02:11
drzeuss, does this ext still work, i.e. extension needs to be selected at load?

i have it loaded and i don't see the blue menu icons at top left. i used to be able to see them... not sure why i cannot now, whether there are conflicts with other ext or fg3 vers.

i'm running 2.9.2 and have just enh. image turned on. nothing else. any clue?

thanks.

tahl_liadon
February 13th, 2013, 02:22
i think i know what's causing the conflict:

i customized the theme for my campaign (https://www.pk1475.org/visitor/referrer/lof/lof_fg2_theme.jpg).

i can still actually see the enh. image menu items, but only some of them; others are invisible and can only be seen when hover/tooltip, making it practically not useful. oh, well... gain some, lose some :-P

Honken
June 15th, 2013, 09:56
I am having problems using this too. The player and NPC tokens on the top layer can only be seen by the GM. And the x,y thingie doesn't work either.

/H

lachancery
June 17th, 2013, 03:43
I am having problems using this too. The player and NPC tokens on the top layer can only be seen by the GM. And the x,y thingie doesn't work either.

I experience this glitch almost every session. You have to close the image window on the GM side, reopen it, and right-click sync with client.

Trenloe
December 19th, 2013, 16:24
Quick and dirty update for FG 3.0 - extension available in the first post. Note that the name has changed - unselect the 3.5e version and select "Enhanced Images".

If any of you use this extension you'll have noticed that using it in FG 3.0 completely breaks the images/maps functionality. This extension is a quick conversion to FG 3.0 - I'll be working on testing/refining it...

Note: If you used tokens from your \campaign directory in FG 2.9.4 you may not see them on your images - this is a change in FG 3.0 and causes issues when migrating campaigns to FG 3.0. This is not the extension! Update: This should have been fixed in the FG 3.0.1 update - make sure you are using FG 3.0.1+

Trenloe
January 6th, 2014, 17:08
V0.1.1 - minor update available in post #1.

Fixes errors with grid alignment tool and mask/draw/erase button states are accurately shown now.

Trenloe
January 8th, 2014, 11:16
New release for CoreRPG (and 4e, 3.5e and PFRPG) with minor improvements: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20202-Enhanced-Images-%28layers%29-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-%28and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG%29