PDA

View Full Version : Any New Games

afilaccio
November 10th, 2011, 03:51
I was wondering if any one was putting a new game together. I always played D & D until some friends of mine introduced me to Rolemaster. I bought the old books and read them all and just bought the ruleset here and have really enjoyed putting together a character but would really love to play a game. This program seems amazing and I can't wait to see what it can do once it starts cooking. I live in New York City in EST.

lachancery
November 10th, 2011, 05:09
I was wondering if any one was putting a new game together. I always played D & D until some friends of mine introduced me to Rolemaster. I bought the old books and read them all and just bought the ruleset here and have really enjoyed putting together a character but would really love to play a game. This program seems amazing and I can't wait to see what it can do once it starts cooking. I live in New York City in EST.
I'll be running a one-shot demo session next week-ish to show how to use the RMC ruleset in a game. It would be a week or week-end night, 9pm EST.

I have a campaign running for a couple of months with friends - it was a little challenging to master FG & RMC, but we're having fun. Alas, I don't have time to GM a second campaign.

afilaccio
November 10th, 2011, 13:54
Sounds great! Please do keep me posted about what day that might be, I would be greatly interested in joining.

GunnarGreybeard
November 10th, 2011, 14:07
I was wondering if any one was putting a new game together. I always played D & D until some friends of mine introduced me to Rolemaster. I bought the old books and read them all and just bought the ruleset here and have really enjoyed putting together a character but would really love to play a game. This program seems amazing and I can't wait to see what it can do once it starts cooking. I live in New York City in EST.I was running a RoleMaster game in Harn but it died out late last year but have been thinking about restarting it near the end of this year. I am not sure I could get enough interest as Harn is "very" low fantasy and many seem to prefer their fantasy games with lots of magic with generous amounts of hacking and slashing. My work schedule is a hinderence as well since I work nights and through the weekends.

afilaccio
November 10th, 2011, 14:12
Keep me posted Gunnar about your game. I would support your new campaign.

lachancery
November 10th, 2011, 14:21
I was running a RoleMaster game in Harn but it died out late last year but have been thinking about restarting it near the end of this year. I am not sure I could get enough interest as Harn is "very" low fantasy and many seem to prefer their fantasy games with lots of magic with generous amounts of hacking and slashing. My work schedule is a hinderence as well since I work nights and through the weekends.
I have every Harn published product until the split between NRC (RIP) and Columbia Games. Didn't stay in touch with what they did since. Obviously, I'd love to join, whether it's with Harnmaster (saw your other post) or Rolemaster.

Ardem
November 10th, 2011, 20:53
I going to start a rolemaster/merp game in a few weeks but it unfortunately be in Australian night time. But got a spot or two open if you in this time zone.

Jeez I grabbed the rolemasters books out of storage they had not seen the light of day for about 15 years. Maybe this is my midlife crisis.

afilaccio
November 10th, 2011, 21:13
Maybe mine too lol

When is Australian night time compared to EST? I can actually figure it out lol but I can try to line up our time zones so for now count me in on your campaign lol.

GunnarGreybeard
November 10th, 2011, 22:16
Maybe mine too lol

When is Australian night time compared to EST? I can actually figure it out lol but I can try to line up our time zones so for now count me in on your campaign lol.Depending where he is at in Australia I think it's like a 13-14 hour difference. You can get a better idea here: Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)

damned
November 10th, 2011, 23:48
its anywhere from 14 - 16 hours at the moment... :(
your nights and our mornings are the most reasonable compromise.
im in a game just now we play 10pm AUS and 6am East Coast US :(

Gambrinus
November 11th, 2011, 01:37
I have been a Rolemaster fan from the first time I pick up a MERP book in middle school. Anyway I am new to FG, but would love to see FG in action with the RMC ruleset. So if you got some extra room in a campaign, I would love to check it out.

Ardem
November 11th, 2011, 02:26
Sydney, +10 GMT, although it is daylight saving at the moment so it is +11 GMT I think.

So my night time say 8pm is EST 4am US EST, not so crash hot i know. UK is better it is more like 9am.

That why speficing Australia was important we tend to have to play with only other Australians, based on our time zone, it sucks a little but oh well.

Gambrinus
November 11th, 2011, 02:47
I would love to join your merp session, as I had recently dug out my old merp books and got a set of the new RMC books so that i could run a game here with a few friends that had never played rmc/merp.
Unfortunately 4am is a bit to early for me since I am in EST.

lachancery
November 11th, 2011, 03:37
I would love to join your merp session, as I had recently dug out my old merp books and got a set of the new RMC books so that i could run a game here with a few friends that had never played rmc/merp.
Unfortunately 4am is a bit to early for me since I am in EST.
We're in the same mood it seems. Here's the intro of the game I've been GMing with my friends:

BREE, 1975, THIRD AGE

Another warm Spring day, the kind that has only been seen mid-Summers in the last decades. Some say the fall of the Witch King has released his wintery curse on Arnor. Perhaps they speak the truth...

It was just over a month ago the Black Hordes of Angmar were crushed under the thundering wrath of the Host of the West. These men of Gondor, joined with the elves of the Grey Havens and Rivendell, came to defend Arthedain, the last Kingdom of the North. Alas, they arrived too late.

Much of Arthedain was scoured by the foul savagery of orcs, trolls and evil priests. Vastly outnumbered, even the powerful fortress of Fornost Erain could not stall the Angmarims. Prince Aranarth rallied the last of the Dunedains in a bold retreat, covering for King Arvedui escaping to protect the powerful treasures of the line of Isildur.

The Prince and his brave Dunedains lured the Black Hordes on the open fields below the hills of Evendim into an apocalyptic battle against the Host of the West. By night fall, most of the Angmarims were slain and the survivors were scattering into the night in terror. The Witch King, as black as the night, escaped the retribution of Glorfindel, the Noldo Lord. He has not been seen ever since. And neither has Prince Aranarth.

The icy news that would seal the fate of Arthedain, and confirm the prophecies of the seer Malbeth, came last week. The elven ship which had rescued King Arvedui sank in the icy waters of Forochel. Without king nor prince to mend their hearts and rebuild the North Kingdom, the remaining arthadans, most having lost husbands and sons, are packing up to leave for Gondor.

Bree is the busiest it’s ever been. Food supplies, coming from the Shire, are routed north to the war bands pursuing any remaining evil. Those leaving for Gondor are gathering their numbers outside town before heading south. The air is bitter sweet; sad and full of sorrows for many, yet warm and exciting for others…

Trenloe
November 11th, 2011, 04:40
Sydney, +10 GMT, although it is daylight saving at the moment so it is +11 GMT I think.

So my night time say 8pm is EST 4am US EST, not so crash hot i know. UK is better it is more like 9am.

That why speficing Australia was important we tend to have to play with only other Australians, based on our time zone, it sucks a little but oh well.

Definitely interested - I have most of the MERP books and some Rolemaster books knocking around somewhere... Will have to get them out of storage too! Roleplaying game midlife crises are great (as long as you didn't get rid of all your old books of course). :)

Gambrinus
November 11th, 2011, 05:23
We're in the same mood it seems. Here's the intro of the game I've been GMing with my friends:

BREE, 1975, THIRD AGE

Another warm Spring day, the kind that has only been seen mid-Summers in the last decades. Some say the fall of the Witch King has released his wintery curse on Arnor. Perhaps they speak the truth...

Bree 1975 sounds pretty cool to me.

Are you playing in FG or old school at a table?

We have been around the table for some games, but getting my friends together on a regular basis is like herding cats. I guess that's what you get when you hang out with a bunch of college kinds that are at least ten years younger than me. oh god, I may be going thru a midlife crisis :o

Anyway, that is one of the reasons that I thought I would check out FG and see if I could find some campaign to play in on a more regular schedule.

Blackfoot
November 11th, 2011, 05:53
4am EST could work for me.. depending on the day... I'd be up for playing some MERP.

Ardem
November 11th, 2011, 06:17
Definitely interested - I have most of the MERP books and some Rolemaster books knocking around somewhere... Will have to get them out of storage too! Roleplaying game midlife crises are great (as long as you didn't get rid of all your old books of course). :)

Get rid of? Sacrilege I plan to be buried with them just in case you can take stuff with you into the next realm.

amanojoe
November 20th, 2011, 19:23
It has been a long time since I played rolemaster but it was always my favourite system. I have never used FG2 either but I would love to be able to play or watch a game and see how it works on a VTT.

Please let me know if either would be a possibility?