PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced images for 3.5 / Pathfinder

viresanimi
November 8th, 2011, 14:40
There is an extention for 4e called Enhanced images that creates multiple layers that you can put tokens in. Is there anyway I can turn this on in the 3.5 / Pathfinder ruleset. My limited (none) skills at figuring out code came up empty.

Or should I just get on my knee's a pray that Dr. Zeuss would make this available for more than just 4e? *grins*

Vires Animi

zardoz
November 8th, 2011, 22:36
Regarding that . . . I've been trying to implement these layered maps in my Star Wars Saga Campaign. Having mobile, varied maps, with terrain that can actually change (trowing pipes with the Force, Cutting open Vents, destroying the crates behind which the Storm Troopers are hiding) is quite a big deal to my DMing style.

I tried to force the extension to work with my version of 4E ontop of which the Saga ruleset is built, and it throws a couple of errors.

Is it possible to point me to where I can see the exact differences between 4E 19 and 20 versions? I guess I could compare the two verision's XMLs and LUAs with a program that would point out the differences... but I'm trying the short solution before I do the entire ruleset overhaul to versio 20 4E

Trenloe
November 11th, 2011, 04:46
There is an extention for 4e called Enhanced images that creates multiple layers that you can put tokens in. Is there anyway I can turn this on in the 3.5 / Pathfinder ruleset.

Yes there is - go here! (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15647) :)

Your post prompted me to have a look at converting DrZeuss's extension to 3.5E.

viresanimi
November 11th, 2011, 12:10
You sir, are now officially my hero *grins*

Much appreciated!

Vires Animi

zardoz
November 11th, 2011, 19:55
Ok, done. I used "WinMerge" to compare the ruleset files to the 4th Edition ruleset (the on on which my alternate ruleset was based), and identify the differences between each LUA and XML file, using common sense to determine which differences were due to the upgraded 4th ED release and which where due to the ruleset, and finally "patching" the alternate ruleset (Saga).

Still have one issue with it but I'll probably iron it out next time I need to check the files.