PDA

View Full Version : Are you interested in playing John Wick's Blood & Honor?

DarkStar
November 7th, 2011, 16:22
I am wondering if there are any Japan enthusiasts here. :) Let me know if you'd be interested in playing the (still) new John Wick's Blood & Honor (https://www.johnwickpresents.com/honor/) game.

There is no ruleset available and I am not up to creating one, I wasted several hours this year working on a ruleset for another game which never took off, so my proposition is to use Google Docs (easy enough, yet allows us to do some calculations if necessary and can be shared easily) for the character sheet / other data and Fantasy Grounds to run the game (maps, images, tokens, chat and so on).

Trying to gauge the interest for such game, any wanna-be samurai here? :)

EDIT: more info on the game here: https://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=85815 (the link to the marketplace doesn't seem to work on Wick's page).

Belizan
November 8th, 2011, 04:52
I haven't heard of this system before. L5R had some interesting ideas before it went off the deep end of new card driven fluff frenzy 8). I'd be interested in trying it out if you get a game going and don't mind explaining enough of the game to me to play it :).

DarkStar
November 8th, 2011, 06:55
I haven't heard of this system before. L5R had some interesting ideas before it went off the deep end of new card driven fluff frenzy 8).
I have played neither, from my understanding L5R is a fantasy setting that resembles Japan mixed with China and requires some bending if you want to port real Japanese stuff to it, whereas Blood & Honor is about feudal Japan. So the game would be w/o magic & fantasy elements, it would be closer to historical fiction and perhaps samurai movies. One thing which I really liked from the preview was that it's a mix of strategy and RPG, where players are actually important characters in the realm and have their own fiefs which they manage, so the game's about quests (RPG part) and managing your land (strategy part). And I really like that the rulebook is only 170 pages long. :) However it has no setting from what I read, but that's because feudal Japan is the setting, so you can grab a history book or something.

L5R is also interesting, but I don't really want to read another set of books packed with different rules. ;) B&H is a narrative system based on d6.

Please note that I'm just sharing my first impressions above, I may be wrong in some aspects.