PDA

View Full Version : Untrusted Connection error for "Store" webpage

Ram Tyr
October 29th, 2011, 09:41
When I use the "Store" link in the navigation bar under the banner at the top of the Fantasy Grounds web pages I get an "Untrusted Connection" error.

The "Store" link points to the following url:
https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/store

The technical details of the error are:

forums.fantasygrounds.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
www.fantasygrounds.com , fantasygrounds.com

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

I do not get the error by visiting any of the other links in that navigation bar, such as the forums (Community) or the download page.

Blue Haven
October 30th, 2011, 00:13
Well...this is not the right place but following the wave...i found a adware in the savage worlds ruleset that i downloaded from Drivethru...

ddavison
October 31st, 2011, 01:32
Ramza,

However you are coming to Fantasy Grounds has a bad link which still technically works but is not the default method. When on the forums, you should have https://www.fantasygrounds.com/community , but your URL starts with "forums" for some reason. The menu at the top only changes the path and not the root... so you get an invalid certificate error message. The site is still okay to surf that way, but since we don't have a wildcard certificate... our certificate only guarantees that URLs beginning with www.fantasygrounds.com and fantasygrounds.com are secure.

BlueHaven,

I left the old one zip file up that we inherited from Digital Adventures (DGA040bSWorldsIISWEXP.zip) and added our new installer for PEG10010FG2v310Setup.exe. Are you saying that the zip file contains adware of some sort?

Ram Tyr
October 31st, 2011, 13:05
So, to make this sound as good as possible for me...you mean, my bookmark is showing that I've owned FG for a long time!

Thanks. I've updated the url for my bookmark.

Blue Haven
October 31st, 2011, 15:37
Yes friend the new file .exe i scanned the file with malwarebytes and it pointed a adware, but today i went to check it again and i don´t know if it was because of the ignore function or other thing, it didn´t find nothing bad on the file :( strange...