PDA

View Full Version : Using RMC ruleset with Mac?

lachancery
October 26th, 2011, 02:57
Is anyone using the RMC ruleset on a Mac?

Two of my players were using Mac in the first game, and both "crashed" (I need to get more details) often. It seemed to be related to when I was sharing the combat tracker with them.

In the first game, one of the two players switched to a PC and he didn't have problem that evening. The second player was still using a Mac, and still crashed often when I shared the combat tracker. To be fair, I was also sharing the tactical map as well (less than 1MB JPG).

We're looking at the threads on the support forum at the moment (router config related). I'd be grateful if anyone has insightful threads we should be checking.

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2011, 00:00
I haven't heard of anybody using the RMC ruleset on the Mac, but I know that the RMC ruleset is a memory hog. I would reduce the number of modules open to a minimum when using the RMC ruleset in general. Also, you should look at the memory usage allowed for the Windows emulator on the Mac, and make sure that the amount of memory allowed is at the maximum.

Regards,
JPG

Veldehar
November 7th, 2011, 23:25
I typically run Bootcamp for any serious FG2 work or play. Too many mods in emulation, and the temptation to do other things on the Mac side tends to eat memory fast. Once I'm on bootcamp with Windows I have no urge to do anything with that OS other than game, so it is safer.

Oh I dream of a Mac version of FG, heh heh.