PDA

View Full Version : Finally ran my first session of Pathfinder

Aristotle
October 23rd, 2011, 16:40
After all the work I've put into wrapping my head around the union of Pathfinder and FGII, and even stumbling through the process of learning to create my own game modules, I've *finally* run a game for my crew. I'm running Master of the Fallen Fortress as a sort of test run for my group.

It's been a year+ since I've run a tabletop game at all, and this was my first time running or playing virtually. It was the first time any of my players have played Pathfider, and also their first time virtual. So things went a little slow, but I suspect they will speed up after subsequent sessions.

I ignored a few details like AoO's and penalties for firing into melee. I'll increase rules compliance as we go.

The reception was pretty positive. I've asked my players to email comments, questions, or concerns to me privately so hopefully I'll get some concrete feedback to learn from soon.

Khondar
November 1st, 2011, 21:30
Hello Aristotle,

congratulations to your first round. We have switched to FantasyGrounds several years ago, and wouldn't have it any other way. It suits our schedules, doesn't conflict with family committments and allow for maximum availability (one of my players once joined from his hotel room in Dubai, another from within his car being on a road trip). Of course we try to meet 1-4 times per year for a "live session", but FG has too many advantages :)

Enjoy!

Emrak
November 3rd, 2011, 03:57
Welcome, good job, and good luck! :)