PDA

View Full Version : Matching Sizes of Tokens/Portraits/Maps

Drew Melbourne
October 23rd, 2011, 05:10
So I ran a practice adventure with my group over the last couple of weeks, and that went fine, but now we're starting up the campaign proper, and I've got a whole bunch of new tokens/maps/etc. that I'm now trying to set up, and I've run into some weirdness.

Last time we used the default portraits and I didn't have any problem sizing the tokens to the maps, etc.

This time, I have custom portraits and more detailed maps and everything is out of whack. When I drag the tokens from the portraits, they appear super small, and when I set the grid, lock, and zoom in, they're super blurry. I tried reducing the resolution of the map, but that didn't seem to help. This is really weird, as I'd at least assume I could get the tokens to display at the same resolution as the portraits they were spawned from, but every time I zoom in that far: blursville.

Does anyone know what size tokens spawned from the portraits are set to by default, and what might be going on with the resolution? Is it based on the size of the images used in the portraits?

Is there a rule of thumb for how big the maps should be relative to the tokens? Or how big the images I use for the portraits should be?

(I'm using the 3.5 ruleset, in case it makes a difference.)

As always, I assume I'm missing something obvious.