PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds 3.2 Sneak Peak video

Doswelk
October 22nd, 2011, 10:19
In the first of my long awaited (by me at least) of my Deadlands videos is also going to show off some 3.2 features.

I've uploaded the first video to YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ix3PdkgilQ).

Hope you like it...

Any requests for videos?

zackspacks
October 22nd, 2011, 10:48
Will the GM have a Bennies stash in normal Savage ? That would be useful too.

As for a request, although I have been following PW's development notes, getting it into my mind how this all works is a bit hazy. So,....

How about the new combat tracker, with an enemy Wild Card, who has spells as well as his Shooting and Fighting Skills. Are all, or some of these in the tracker ?Along with the Wild card a group of 6 mooks with Autofiring weapons - the first of which gets killed during the fight. Does the autofire now work properly, and does removing the now dead lead mook still crash the combat tracker ? Also, the new Hold Feature - what does it actually look like, and how is it operated on the tracker.

cheers
Paul

Doswelk
October 22nd, 2011, 11:38
Will the GM have a Bennies stash in normal Savage ? That would be useful too.
Truth be told not sure (been playing Deadlands for too long) but I think it is not there yet (I'd want it having got used to it in Deadlands!)

How about the new combat tracker, with an enemy Wild Card, who has spells as well as his Shooting and Fighting Skills. Are all, or some of these in the tracker ?Along with the Wild card a group of 6 mooks with Autofiring weapons - the first of which gets killed during the fight. Does the autofire now work properly, and does removing the now dead lead mook still crash the combat tracker ? Also, the new Hold Feature - what does it actually look like, and how is it operated on the tracker.
Skills are not in the tracker.
Yes to all the others.. I'll aim to make the video soon (got a game to run today).

Non-Deadlands version of 3.2 I will get to properly test on Halloween and I'll be able to be more sure on it then.

zackspacks
October 22nd, 2011, 14:07
Many thanks for this Doswelk. Looking forward to the vids mate
Cheers
Paul

scionofnyarlathotep
October 22nd, 2011, 20:39
Great work once again. I have to add my request for a GM bennies function within the ordinary Savage rule set.

It's frustrating to have to keep a manual record of GM bennies and this was apparent again this week when I had to remind myself how many I actually had available.

That additional functionality would certainly be appreciated!

phantomwhale
October 22nd, 2011, 23:04
Cheers for the promo vid, Doswelk ! It's hard enough writing this stuff without then having to let people know what I've done ;)

GM bennies didn't make it onto v3.2, I'm sorry to say. Suggest adding it to the wishlist, or voting on it if it's already there (see my signature) as that's how I decide what features to add each release.

scionofnyarlathotep
October 23rd, 2011, 00:05
Thanks phantonwhale, I've now added it as a new item on the wishlist:

https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=34524

phantomwhale
October 24th, 2011, 12:48
Everyone gets one for free, as Cracker once sang.

I've added GM bennies into 3.2 SWEX - it felt incomplete without them, plus it was almost a copy and paste job from DL:R fate chips.

That's it. Last change. Have submitted it for playtesting now. So pending feedback from Kevin and others, hopefully get something released in November.

scionofnyarlathotep
October 24th, 2011, 13:39
Big thumbs up from me! Thankls for the prompt inclusion1

zackspacks
October 24th, 2011, 17:20
Nice one PW - have a Bennie...:D
cheers
Paul

Robbo
October 24th, 2011, 17:44
I am excited about your changes. Do you need playtesters? Will it be a public beta? I want to help!

Doswelk
October 24th, 2011, 20:51
I am excited about your changes. Do you need playtesters? Will it be a public beta? I want to help!

HANDS OFF!! :p

PW has been using myself and a couple of others for a while for play-testing, (hence I get to make videos about it).

As to whether 3.3 will need more play-testers and who is allowed to be I suspect is up to Doug, but be warned more than one of our sessions were almost unplayable due to bugs (very few given the amount of changes we have seen, to my knowledge the Combat tracker has been re-written 4 times since 3.1!)

I'm planning to create a more extensive video tomorrow about the other changes especially as we are now testing the Release Candidate.

The best way to help is to find as many bugs and think up ideas for how to make SWEX better on FGII and post them here (https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/).

and above all KEEP IT SAVAGE! :D