PDA

View Full Version : Usage questions

Moon Wizard
October 20th, 2011, 20:58
OK, I ran our last session of Zombie Run last night. Everyone really enjoyed the change of pace from D&D, and playing a new genre. The biggest complaint was the lack of depth to the Zombie Run setting, which I knew going in. Now, they are thinking about potentially trying the Rippers setting.

Given that we may use SW again, I had a question that came up during our game that I couldn't figure out how to do.

* How do you clear the modifier stack? (My players were trying to use hot keys to apply modifiers and would often add too many or wrong one.) In the 3.5E/4E rulesets, you can push the dots, but that didn't seem to work in SW.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
October 20th, 2011, 21:10
Another question:

* How can I make a random Wild Die or exploding roll? (i.e. there were several times when I was working off the cuff, and I needed to make a trait roll for an NPC (both wild cards and extras))

Thanks,
JPG

Doswelk
October 21st, 2011, 00:28
* How do you clear the modifier stack? (My players were trying to use hot keys to apply modifiers and would often add too many or wrong one.) In the 3.5E/4E rulesets, you can push the dots, but that didn't seem to work in SW.

Thanks,
JPG

It used to be Middle mouse button... think it still works

Doswelk
October 21st, 2011, 00:30
Another question:

* How can I make a random Wild Die or exploding roll? (i.e. there were several times when I was working off the cuff, and I needed to make a trait roll for an NPC (both wild cards and extras))

Thanks,
JPG

For Extras I tend to just roll the dice manually.

For Wild Cards they are usually going to be pre-stated but if not I tend to open an empty NPC and just fill the attributes I want to roll tick the wild card icon and roll as normal NPCs

phantomwhale
October 24th, 2011, 02:20
Can see scope for adding a "make this dice toss an exploding dice toss" functionality added to the ruleset - it comes up most for me when using variable damage weapons (e.g. shotgun at medium range, or a low powered bolt).

Suggestions on the best UI mechanism to do this ? (middle-clicks ? radial menu on dice ? slash command ? exploding "dice tower" / drop target ? an exploding die toggle on the modifier star ?)

Malron
November 1st, 2011, 20:28
Would suggest using an exploding die toggle at the modifier star.