PDA

View Full Version : Why are some of my images blown up huge and jaggy?

JFK
October 20th, 2011, 16:55
Yup, why? I save them to a small size, say 100 by 100, save as a jpeg or save as a png or whatever. Now, when I open the image in FGII, some of them open a huge window, and the image is grainy and huge, with poor resolution. What on earth am I doing wrong? I look at other images that work just fine (ie a small window opens and the image looks great), and they are the same size and file type. So what gives?
Thanks!

JFK

Drew Melbourne
October 20th, 2011, 17:03
Yup, why? I save them to a small size, say 100 by 100, save as a jpeg or save as a png or whatever. Now, when I open the image in FGII, some of them open a huge window, and the image is grainy and huge, with poor resolution. What on earth am I doing wrong? I look at other images that work just fine (ie a small window opens and the image looks great), and they are the same size and file type. So what gives?
Thanks!

JFK

I don't know why it's happening, but you should be able to scale the window down using the standard window scaling procedure. Once you close and reopen, it should reopen at the new, smaller size.

(Hold down CTRL and drag the bottom right corner of the window to resize. Hold down CTRL and use the gold button to zoom.)

The problem with scaling an image AND a window down, is that if the size of your window isn't in exact proportion to the image, you won't be able to zoom out all the way. This requires a lot of minute adjustments back and forth, and was a pain in the neck for me the first few times.

Trenloe
October 20th, 2011, 20:15
Thanks!

JFK

There is a minimum size specified in each ruleset - usually 200x200 and FG will expand any image smaller than this to meet the minimum size. See this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15156) for more info.

JFK
October 21st, 2011, 03:55
Thanks, both of you. :)

ddavison
October 21st, 2011, 05:38
Square images seem to work better than rectangular images as well.

JFK
October 22nd, 2011, 01:33
Good to know, ddavison. I was able to adjust my windows and scroll out to get a decent effect.
Thanks again, all.

JFK