PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Won't Load

daumnation
October 19th, 2011, 21:28
I can get other campaigns to load but when I try the one I have been using the most I get an error box and it crashes to desktop.

"FantasyGrounds.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

If there is a way I can just make a new campaign and save the info from the old I'd be fine with that.
The logs from the error report are attached.
Thanks for your time.

Moon Wizard
October 20th, 2011, 01:17
Actually, I'm going to need a copy of the campaign. Can you ZIP up the campaign folder and e-mail it to support at smiteworks dot com? Please include a reminder of the issue. (i.e. FG crash on campaign load)

Thanks,
JPG

daumnation
October 20th, 2011, 05:25
I looked over at smiteworks.com and couldn't find a support email there so I'm sending it here, Anyways I had to remove the images folder in order to send it for size reasons. Thanks Again.

daumnation
October 20th, 2011, 18:27
I got this one fixed. I went through and deleted tons of stuff till it worked.
Eliminated basically everything except db, lua and campaign.xml. It loaded up and seems to be working well. Thanks for any time and thought you might have already put into this one.:)

Moon Wizard
October 20th, 2011, 21:03
The e-mail is "[email protected]". I usually write it out the long way, so that forum scrapers do not end up with our e-mail to spam (at least not as often).

My guess is that the issue was the result of an interaction with one of the many extensions you are using. If you see the issue again, try removing extensions to figure out which one might be causing the issue. Then, I can work with the extension author to figure out how to address.

Cheers,
JPG

Zeus
October 20th, 2011, 22:06
I just took a quick look at the campaign's extensionstate.xml file and as JPG has stated it would appear you are running a fair number of my extensions for 4E.

The campaign appears to load OK when using the latest versions of my extensions so make sure you have updated all the extensions to the latest versions and see if that makes a difference for you too.

If it works, re-add your images and test again, just to eliminate any problems stemming from the images folder or content.