PDA

View Full Version : 10/29 Pathfinder Game

Talen
October 19th, 2011, 18:43
I have 2 more open slots for a Pathfinder Society Game to be run on Saturday October 29th at 7pm EST (GMT-5). We will be running First Steps Part 2 - To Delve The Dungeon Deep.

Pathfinder Society Scenario Intro 2: First Steps—Part II: To Delve the Dungeon Deep
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st level characters.

You venture for the first time into the massive haunted dungeons beneath an abandoned siege tower in the deadly Cairnlands, where you will experience firsthand the true dangers of being a tomb-delving Pathfinder.

Written by Stephen Radney-MacFarland.

This scenario is designed for play in Pathfinder Society Organized Play

If you're interested, either respond here or at the 10/29 Game Annoucement thread in the Yahoo Group below.

Brickman
October 19th, 2011, 20:04
I'd like to participate if I may.

Talen
October 19th, 2011, 21:53
Sure! Send me your pathfinder society character and member number. Send me a pm with your email if you haven't played a pathfinder society game before and don't know what I'm talking about. Easiest way to send me your character is to upload it in hero Lab format at the yahoo group, but I'll take it any way you can get it to me.

Talen
October 20th, 2011, 21:22
We filled up the last slot, but if there is more interest, let me know and I will offer another game.

Artaron
October 21st, 2011, 22:42
We filled up the last slot, but if there is more interest, let me know and I will offer another game.

Hi Talen. I'd be interested. I have just registered with PFS on paizo's site and looking forward t playing a scenario. Would you consider restarting in service to the lore for a second group of players ?

Talen
October 22nd, 2011, 01:15
Absolutely. If you can get 3 others, we can set a day. Feel free to line up here or at the yahoo group.

Artaron
October 22nd, 2011, 01:22
Cool ! There's a couple of players I played crypt of the everflame with I can ask, or maybe people will just come from the forum. Any more people interested ?

Mad Nomad
October 25th, 2011, 21:06
I would be interested. I have been looking to try out pathfinder at some point. Beware though, I don't know much about Pathfinder. Though I am sure I can pick it up quick given 3e and 4e experience.

Cool ! There's a couple of players I played crypt of the everflame with I can ask, or maybe people will just come from the forum. Any more people interested ?

Talen
October 25th, 2011, 21:35
You can absolutely pick it up if you're a 3e guy. I just added 4 new games to the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group (check the sig below for the link) for sign up. Feel free to sign up for a game and ask any questions.

And if you guys want to restart the First Steps series, let me know what days you're looking at....looks like you only need 1 or 2 more players to go that route.

Dershem
October 26th, 2011, 00:18
I'd do the first step route, haven't tried the PFS stuff yet.

Mad Nomad
October 26th, 2011, 05:54
Yeah, I'd also prefer to start at step 1. I was hoping for a mid week game, but certainly understand if that doesn't work out.

Talen
October 26th, 2011, 14:50
A weekday game might work, but it would have to be a Mon, Tue, or possibly Thrs and run and be done in a 7pm-12pm EST block. Does that work for the interested players here?

Mad Nomad
October 26th, 2011, 18:32
A tuesday or Thursday game in that time slot would work for me.

Tymire
October 26th, 2011, 18:46
Would be interested here in a midweek one here also too (Tuesday is probably better).

Talen
October 26th, 2011, 19:00
Ok, let me throw this out there. If Tuesday November 1st from 7pm to 12am EST works for everyone, please start lining up here. If we reach 4 people, I'll calendar at the Yahoo group and people can upload their characters. Do we have a

1.__________________ ?

If the consensus is that this does not work, we can work toward a different day, but proceeding without a date certain is always the virtual equivalent of herding cats. ;)

Mad Nomad
October 26th, 2011, 22:44
Sounds Good.

1. Dereks
Just reading through society rules and rule books. Leaning toward magus or oracle to try something different than the old 3e classes.

Ok, let me throw this out there. If Tuesday November 1st from 7pm to 12am EST works for everyone, please start lining up here. If we reach 4 people, I'll calendar at the Yahoo group and people can upload their characters. Do we have a

1.__________________ ?

If the consensus is that this does not work, we can work toward a different day, but proceeding without a date certain is always the virtual equivalent of herding cats. ;)

Blackfoot
October 26th, 2011, 22:57
I'm interested in playing on Tuesday the 1st... I don't have a character... I will have to look into making one up for the society.. I'm not sure what's involved there. I might consider a cavalier... or perhaps a necromantic sorceror.

Dershem
October 27th, 2011, 00:32
I'm down for that. I have a number but haven't played yet. Any suggestions on class/race,

SilverEagle82
October 27th, 2011, 06:57
i am apart of the pf Society now and not sure if i would be able to play in this game comming up but i cant do friday games and saturday games and every other thrusday games and wednesday ones other than i am free the rest of the days

Talen
October 27th, 2011, 15:34
I'm interested in playing on Tuesday the 1st... I don't have a character... I will have to look into making one up for the society.. I'm not sure what's involved there. I might consider a cavalier... or perhaps a necromantic sorceror.

Check the PFS faq on the website and review the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play link at https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety for some helpful informatioon on the Society and character generation rules. If you have any questions after revidewing the guide, just ask!

Talen
October 27th, 2011, 15:35
I'm down for that. I have a number but haven't played yet. Any suggestions on class/race,

Given the roster for the game is still in flux, I'd suggest playing whatever excites you! so long as it's legal under the organized play rules, Im happy to GM for whatever party composition we have.

Talen
October 27th, 2011, 15:38
For those that are going to play on Tuesday, please sned me you proposed pc's. I'd love to have them in Herolabs format (.pdf, .por and . hlfg together would be ideal), but I will take whatever you have. Fee free to email them to me or upload them to the Yahoo group in my sig below - just include a message post indicating its there and what game you are playing....in fact - Ill start a thread there now and you can respond in that thread specifically. Please only post there if you are a definite for the game.

Mad Nomad
October 27th, 2011, 18:20
Hi Talen,
Thanks for all the help so far. I plan on sending you a character soon, but I have to admit, I find the society page pretty awful in terms of helping a total newbie get started. I couldn't even find a simple answer to a basic question like what point buy system is used. I don't see any clear page on their site about "here are the specific guidelines for creating a character"

I did find their resources page, which seemed to say, "you can use anything in any of these books except the following stuff..." I have a bunch of the pdfs so I am just trying to use those in combo with that page to make a character like i would for a normal game and just hope it ends up legal. But if you know of some clear description of how society works and step by step for building a character, it would be really helpful.

Talen
October 27th, 2011, 19:05
What you are really looking for is the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play located HERE (https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/scenarios/v5748btpy84k4). This document details the starting gold, 20 point buy and everything else you need to start off.

... but I have to admit, I find the society page pretty awful in terms of helping a total newbie get started. I couldn't even find a simple answer to a basic question like what point buy system is used. I don't see any clear page on their site about "here are the specific guidelines for creating a character"

SilverEagle82
October 27th, 2011, 20:03
whats the starting lvl for this one

Talen
October 27th, 2011, 20:05
whats the starting lvl for this one

Level 1 and Level 1 only.

Blackfoot
October 27th, 2011, 20:22
If you use Manage Characters with the 3.5 Ruleset it will do the point buy stuff for you quite well...
You have to set up the points something like this:
up to 06 : -1
07 to 08 : 2
09 to 13 : 1
14 to 15 : 2
16 to 17 : 3
18 to 18 : 4
It doesn't do the skills right because there is no way to set the PF flag in the Manage Characters page... (no preferences button)
Hopefully that will be coming in the future.

The PDF Talen pointed to spells it out pretty clearly as to what their rules for PFS play are. Basically they don't allow any feats/abilities that have somewhat longterm effects.
Take a look at page 5 of the PDF (not the Quickstart one).. it spells it all out.

Mad Nomad
October 27th, 2011, 20:47
Thanks that PDF was perfect. It was exactly what I needed.

Dershem
October 28th, 2011, 03:15
Character posted to group... Human Cleric of Cayden ;)

Macgreine
October 28th, 2011, 05:20
I am interested in the 11/1 game and was wondering what software was required to play. I have never played a society game or an FG game.
Thanks Mac

Talen
October 28th, 2011, 09:19
I am interested in the 11/1 game and was wondering what software was required to play. I have never played a society game or an FG game.
Thanks Mac

You would need a Fantasy Grounds Lite license. After that, everything else is optional, but highly recommended.

Herolabs is a character generator and has an option to build a Pathfinder Society Legal Character. If you send me the file from that program, importing your character into FantasyGrounds is a breeze. If you'd rather not go that route, you can send me the PC in any format you choose.

After that, we use Ventrilo voice chat software during our games. It's free and is a big help with rules questions or resolving technical issues. If you're new to Pathfinder on Fantasy Grounds, check out the Yahoo group in my sig line below - there are video tutorials for new players in the links section and other helpful references.

If you have other questions, just ask.

Macgreine
October 28th, 2011, 19:02
Okay thanks for the info. Not ready to purchase anymore software right now but I will keep and eye on what the society has planned and maybe jump in soon.

Blackfoot
October 28th, 2011, 19:27
For 25 bucks or less.. a LITE license is well worth it... I mean.. it costs less than taking my girl to dinner.
You can't run a game with it.. but you can play as many games as you like. There are plenty of ways to check it out with the DEMO version and playing with folks who have ULTIMATE licenses. I've gotten a ton of use out of it since I bought my FULL version last year...

Mad Nomad
October 28th, 2011, 19:36
Hi Talen,

I uploaded my character to the forum I believe, though my format is not ideal.
I don't have the hero labs and after trying the demo am reluctant to purchase it.
I found another character generator but it's output isn't the best, so I uploaded it as a screen capture. If there is some other format you'd prefer I could try to get you something different.

Talen
October 28th, 2011, 19:39
Okay thanks for the info. Not ready to purchase anymore software right now but I will keep and eye on what the society has planned and maybe jump in soon.

Understood. Also, a bit of a clarification, there are some GM's with an ultimate license who run Pathfinder or Pathfinder Society games. You'll be able to play in those without purchasing anything. If I get an ultimate license in the future, Ill let you know.

Talen
October 28th, 2011, 19:40
Hi Talen,

I uploaded my character to the forum I believe, though my format is not ideal.
I don't have the hero labs and after trying the demo am reluctant to purchase it.
I found another character generator but it's output isn't the best, so I uploaded it as a screen capture. If there is some other format you'd prefer I could try to get you something different.

Im sure that will be fine, Ill upload the PC's I've received this evening. We have enough players to run a game now - so the Tuesday game is definitely on (we still have room for more players if anyone else is interested).

Macgreine
October 28th, 2011, 20:14
For 25 bucks or less.. a LITE license is well worth it... I mean.. it costs less than taking my girl to dinner.

You need to start treating your girlfriend better :-P. I didn't say it wasn't worth it , or that I am not going to get it one day. I simply stated I am not purchasing any software right now.

Artaron
October 28th, 2011, 20:33
Hey Talen.
I'm a bit confused by all the posts. Is there a 2nd batch ready for First steps ?
I think you asked about preferences. Well My time zone at the moment is GMT+2 thus the earliest the better. I'm most free sunday tuesday wednesday. Sunday afternoon for you (EST right) would be amazing, but I can try and be flexible. How do things look at the moment ?

Talen
October 28th, 2011, 21:06
Hey Talen.
I'm a bit confused by all the posts. Is there a 2nd batch ready for First steps ?
I think you asked about preferences. Well My time zone at the moment is GMT+2 thus the earliest the better. I'm most free sunday tuesday wednesday. Sunday afternoon for you (EST right) would be amazing, but I can try and be flexible. How do things look at the moment ?

I will be running a group through First Steps Part 1 on Tuesday November 1 from 7pm to midnite EST. If that works for you, we have a spot reserved for you. If not, PM me with a day and time you'd like to run and we can start a new thread for sign ups at that slot (assuming Im free at the same time).

glacius
October 29th, 2011, 21:27
Im definately interested in Joining this session, I have fg and am a member of PFS, please let me know what you require

Artaron
October 29th, 2011, 22:25
I presume it's 7 pm till midnite not am as written.
I'll have to stay up but I'm pretty free at the moment so yeah sure count me in. I'll finalize my first society character and send it to you along with my pathfinder number

Talen
October 30th, 2011, 06:08
Correct. I hate when I do that.

Talen
October 30th, 2011, 18:56
Is there anyone that expressed an interest in playing that has not sent me a character or posted at the yahoo group?

Blackfoot
October 30th, 2011, 18:59
Is there anyone that expressed an interest in playing that has not sent me a character or posted at the yahoo group?Did you get the PM I sent you?

hacknslashn
October 31st, 2011, 01:02
Talen ran a great game. Those who haven't signed up in the fg2pfs yahoo group should do so. Easy place to see all the games that are being planned.

Talen
October 31st, 2011, 02:37
Did you get the PM I sent you?

I did and you're both all set to play....I still need to enter your character in, but we'll be ready to go on Tuesday.

Tymire
October 31st, 2011, 17:35
Still have room for one more on Tuesday?

SilverEagle82
October 31st, 2011, 21:00
i want to play but i don't have a registered copy of herolab

Talen
October 31st, 2011, 21:50
We are booked for the Tuesday game, but I am willing to run again. If anyone is interested, please post your availability on the Yahoo group Message section (see link below) and we'll coordinate another group.

Although I highly recommend it because it makes online life so much easier - you don't need Herolab to play in the games I run - you just need a way to get me your chracter so I can review it and import it into the campaign (if you know how to create your chracter in FG locally, all the better).

Talen
November 2nd, 2011, 14:09
Thanks for the game last night, I had a good time running it. I'll get everyone their chronicles ASAP (Friday evening at the latest). We'll be posting openings for Part 2 shortly. For anyone else that's interested, check out the games we have in the calendar at the group or give a shout if you're looking for a specific scenario. I suspect the First Steps trilogy will be run quite frequently.

Dershem
November 2nd, 2011, 15:29
Thanks for the game it was fun.

Blackfoot
November 2nd, 2011, 20:20
Indeed. Thanks for running.