PDA

View Full Version : Moving multiple tokens?

Ecurb
October 19th, 2011, 07:22
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with making changes to the way tokens are interacted with when placed on a map in-game? In particular I'm thinking of having the ability to select a whole group of tokens and move them together rather than one at a time. Maybe by drag selction, or holding a modifier key while clicking through them or something. Ideally you'd be able to rotate the whole formation about a point too - though I figure that might be a bit hard to make gel with the snap-to-grid stuff...

Anyway, is that sort of change possible to make via a ruleset, or is the map interaction stuff hard coded into the FG engine itself?

I'm new to the FG engine, but not new to coding/scripting, and I'm toying with the idea of starting work on a mass combat type ruleset, which would pretty much require some means of grouping individual tokens into unit formations and moving them en masse.

Cheers!

Moon Wizard
October 19th, 2011, 07:39
FG does not have a built-in ability to group tokens.

I did see the Joshuha on the forums was working on some scripts that had condition tokens followthe owner token around. He had asked for some specific API improvements to help, and I've been slowly implementing them.

So, it seems like it would be possible, though it might be a little kludgy right now. If you decide to take on that project, first check out the code from Joshuha, and then let me know if there is something you are missing.

Regards,
JPG

Ecurb
October 19th, 2011, 11:05
Thanks very much JPG - and thanks to Joshuha, does look like some impressive inroads in a similar direction :)